Patricio Pitbull vs Volkanovski

careto

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Patricio needs to stop wanting to fight UFC fighters. Its getting old and its never going to happen. If he really wanted to fight Max, Volk, etc. then he should have fight out his contract and seek a UFC contract. Otherwise, he should concentrate on whats next for him in Bellator.

At least he is looking for possible fights now, although the Aldo fight is almost impossible. I think a move to BW for a title fight is the ideal move.

At least he is looking for possible fights now, although the Aldo fight is almost impossible. I think a move to BW for a title fight is the ideal move.

Pitbull vs. Aldo headlining a Bellator Brazil show....but in boxing. Got one over the UFC and Dana

I'm just gonna say it: I think he has a better chance then most people think and a better chance then any other featherweight in the world. I pick Volkanovski but Pitbull's brilliance shouldn't be understated and it probably has been since the McKee loss. Volkanovski's brilliant too and has grown into one of my favorites to watch, but it's far from understated.

I think he should focus on 135 or swallow his pride and sign with the UFC assuming they give him big fights right off the bat.

I get why its done, he's been in game and at the top for a decade and beat everyone Bellator has but doesnt get the respect cause he's not doing it in UFC vs those guys. The callout of Volk and if Dana has balls is getting more press and attention than his meh win vs Borics lets be real.

Its beyond old though doing it every fight cause its not happening, UFC has no incentive to do it and doesnt care. If you want to fight Volk, be considered the best then do what Eddie, Brooks, Chandler etc did and fight out your contract and leave.

if not and you're cool with your pay, treatment in Bellator and who you're fighting then stay there and accept it but he wants both sides. He wants to get paid/stay in Bellator but get that UFC fight that proves he's the best. It aint happening, it was stupid years ago, it was stupid yesterday, it will be stupid tomorrow when its brought up again.

I'm just gonna say it: I think he has a better chance then most people think and a better chance then any other featherweight in the world. I pick Volkanovski but Pitbull's brilliance shouldn't be understated and it probably has been since the McKee loss. Volkanovski's brilliant too and has grown into one of my favorites to watch, but it's far from understated.

I think he should focus on 135 or swallow his pride and sign with the UFC assuming they give him big fights right off the bat.

Patricio is 35 years old and has had 39 professional fights, are you aware the oldest FW Champ in UFC/WEC history is Volkanovski at 33? Patricio is great and super consistent but he for sure lost to Straus, Curran and McKee, he was almost knocked out by Weichel. Patricio has been slowing down for a few years now too and I always felt like if he came to the UFC he'd probably end up at BW which I think it's become too old and slow for now too.

I don't see Patricio as more of a threat to Volkanovski as guys like Allen, Evloev or Topuria potentially.

Love this match up but will never happen unfortunately

Patricio is 35 years old and has had 39 professional fights, are you aware the oldest FW Champ in UFC/WEC history is Volkanovski at 33? Patricio is great and super consistent but he for sure lost to Straus, Curran and McKee, he was almost knocked out by Weichel. Patricio has been slowing down for a few years now too and I always felt like if he came to the UFC he'd probably end up at BW which I think it's become too old and slow for now too.

I don't see Patricio as more of a threat to Volkanovski as guys like Allen, Evloev or Topuria potentially.
"but he for sure lost to Straus, Curran and McKee"
Honestly those 3 guys in there prime were beasts and no shame losing to them. One thing I really admire is how pitbull just consistently evolves and adapts. Whenever he got beat he always came back with new skills to beat all those guys

"but he for sure lost to Straus, Curran and McKee"
Honestly those 3 guys in there prime were beasts and no shame losing to them. One thing I really admire is how pitbull just consistently evolves and adapts. Whenever he got beat he always came back with new skills to beat all those guys

Dude I've been on the Pitbull train forever, I watched Patricio vs Joe Warren back in like 2010 when I followed the Bellator tournaments. There's no shame in losing to Strauss, Curran or McKee, I think when Patricio lost to those guys they could have all easily be top 10 in the UFC or better. The current FWs, I think 125-135 and 145 evolved a lot since it was a much shallower pool back then and newly introduced to mainstream MMA and Pitbull has been around forever. I don't feel like Pitbull would thrive at FW in the UFC anymore, I think he's slowed down, he's 35 and is about to have his 40th pro fight. I do feel like there are bigger threats to Volk in the UFC these days too.

None of those guys are a threat to Volkanovski in the same way Pitbull is when he's at his best. Evolev won't be able to win a fight where he can't outwrestle his opponent and I suspect Volk will be able to because he's such a freak who has shown incredible wrestling throughout his career despite being Australian. Arnold Allen is one of the most overrated fighters in the world and the idea of him threatening Volkanovski is funny. Like...how? Lol. Topuria IMO has the best chance of the 3 you named but I need to see more before putting him in the same league as Pitbull.

Pitbull doesn't need to be fast. He's got some of the best distance management and timing in the sport. Some of the best ever. Timing beats speed and when you're also one of the most powerful punchers at the weight that's a big help. Short of doing what AJ did to him in their first fight I have trouble imagining a fight where Pitbull isn't at least a very credible threat, which is all I've been saying.

Sure, Pitbull's pretty old. If it turned out (all of this is hypothetical of course) a few years ago it would look different then it did today that wouldn't surprise me. That said I thought he looked as good as ever on Saturday night. Hard to say for sure though. The bit about no zuffa champ being below 33 though I don't really care, the sample is too small for it to matter.

None of those guys are a threat to Volkanovski in the same way Pitbull is when he's at his best. Evolev won't be able to win a fight where he can't outwrestle his opponent and I suspect Volk will be able to because he's such a freak who has shown incredible wrestling throughout his career despite being Australian. Arnold Allen is one of the most overrated fighters in the world and the idea of him threatening Volkanovski is funny. Like...how? Lol. Topuria IMO has the best chance of the 3 you named but I need to see more before putting him in the same league as Pitbull.

Pitbull doesn't need to be fast. He's got some of the best distance management and timing in the sport. Some of the best ever. Timing beats speed and when you're also one of the most powerful punchers at the weight that's a big help. Short of doing what AJ did to him in their first fight I have trouble imagining a fight where Pitbull isn't at least a very credible threat, which is all I've been saying.

Sure, Pitbull's pretty old. If it turned out (all of this is hypothetical of course) a few years ago it would look different then it did today that wouldn't surprise me. That said I thought he looked as good as ever on Saturday night. Hard to say for sure though. The bit about no zuffa champ being below 33 though I don't really care, the sample is too small for it to matter.

None of them are a threat to Volk tbh. Volk is just better at everything. He's not far off being the best fighter I've ever seen. He has absolutely everything.

Volk looks to be untouchable right now but Pitbull matches up with him better than Holloway or Ortrga do IMO

Great fighter.............but, this dude has been calling out UFC guys for years. There is no doubt in my mind if he went the free agent route the UFC would've made him a rich man. They paid top Bellator fighters before very good money so I'm sure Pitbull would get a very lucrative deal also. So either he had friends over in the UFC that he just didn't want to be in the mix with or I think deep down he likes being big fish in a small pond doing his thing and making a good living doing it.

P.S.: He isn't beating Volk and he have a hell of time beating Max. Then there still the Yans and Ortega's of that division he'd need to get by to get his shot at Max or Volk. Even Kattar and Jung would give him a good run.

Patricio is a monster but Volk is one of the most skilled fighters we've ever seen right now and I don't see anyone beating him.

Back