News Paul “Semtex” Daley vs Jason Jackson set for Bellator 260, June 11th

That’s a good one. Storley vs Gracie is perfect, 2 grapplers it might force them to stand up and bang it out. I want to see both of them forced to throw hands.
I dont think anyone wants to go to he ground with Gracie. But its still super interesting to see how Storley fares.
Gracie will win in the battle of hands, unless Storley shows something he's never shown before (I'd absolutely not hold my breathe).

Storley could get caught by something on the ground, I wouldn't necessarily expect him to get caught by something though, I think the balance of offense/defense in BJJ right now heavily favors defense. But Storley isn't really a fanstastic finisher on the ground either and I'd be all the more shocked it he was able to maintain position on the ground long enough to do so vs. Gracie. Personally, I'd be down for this fight but it might be just a lot of transitions on the ground. Which I would like, some others might not.
I dont think Bellator would risk Storley losing 2 in a row, they have been grooming him for too long. I expect Storley to fight 1 or 2 winnable fights next before going against anyone in the top 5 again.

I dont think anyone wants to go to he ground with Gracie. But its still super interesting to see how Storley fares.

I dont think Bellator would risk Storley losing 2 in a row, they have been grooming him for too long. I expect Storley to fight 1 or 2 winnable fights next before going against anyone in the top 5 again.

That's the main problem with Bellator booking imo, who cares if someone loses two in a row, it happens in the UFC all the time and it's fine.

That's the main problem with Bellator booking imo, who cares if someone loses two in a row, it happens in the UFC all the time and it's fine.
This, a two loss streak where both fights are competitive is better then two gimmie fights. This isn't boxing

I agree to a certain degree. In the UFC its OK because they have this huge inflix of fighters, so it doesnt matter if another hype train is derailed because someone else will take his/her place. Bellator cant afford to have fighters that have been groomed to be the face of the company to be derailed like that because they have spent too much time and money to develp them just to be ultimately a bust. Tywan and Ruth are good examples, they were groomed to be rising stars but are in a weird position that one more loss might get them cut.

This, a two loss streak where both fights are competitive is better then two gimmie fights. This isn't boxing

Even if you get sparked. Darren Till got demolished twice in a row and remains very popular.

I agree to a certain degree. In the UFC its OK because they have this huge inflix of fighters, so it doesnt matter if another hype train is derailed because someone else will take his/her place. Bellator cant afford to have fighters that have been groomed to be the face of the company to be derailed like that because they have spent too much time and money to develp them just to be ultimately a bust. Tywan and Ruth are good examples, they were groomed to be rising stars but are in a weird position that one more loss might get them cut.

They don't have to cut them though. That's entirely on them. The problem is if they keep giving them shit competition to get their confidence back then every time they step up they're not used to top competition again.

Storley lost a close fight with a guy who's fighting for the title. There's no way he should be fighting some rank outsider.

I was hoping the rankings would put a stop to this.

I mean they don't have to cut them. Let them develop off their loses and you could get them on cheaper contracts anywho. Like look at Pico, he took his losses to Corrales and Borics, realized he needs to improve, and he is starting to look way better. That old saying that you learn way more off your losses then wins, especially if those wins are huge mismatches

Even if you get sparked. Darren Till got demolished twice in a row and remains very popular.
Storley isn't popular though. So another loss wouldn't hurt him.

Hahaha hahaha hahaha, MVP fights Gianni Melillo, Bellator newcomer Ross Houston and career Lightweight Derek Anderson. Jason Jackson fights Ed Ruth, Kiichi Kunimoto, Jordan Mein, and Nieman Gracie and now Paul Daley. As I've stated before, Bellator has a MVP division and a separate Bellator Welterweight division.

They don't have to cut them though. That's entirely on them. The problem is if they keep giving them shit competition to get their confidence back then every time they step up they're not used to top competition again.

Storley lost a close fight with a guy who's fighting for the title. There's no way he should be fighting some rank outsider.

I was hoping the rankings would put a stop to this.
I mean they don't have to cut them. Let them develop off their loses and you could get them on cheaper contracts anywho. Like look at Pico, he took his losses to Corrales and Borics, realized he needs to improve, and he is starting to look way better. That old saying that you learn way more off your losses then wins, especially if those wins are huge mismatches
You raise very good points, hopefully Bellator would see this as well.

I dont get the 175 thing again, like why?

Thought Jackson might get MVP but this is cool. Do like Gracie/Storley idea so that either means MVp just gets title shot next or he fights Larkin.

Thought Jackson might get MVP but this is cool. Do like Gracie/Storley idea so that either means MVp just gets title shot next or he fights Larkin.
The right thing to do is Gracie vs Storley and MVP vs Larkin, those are the onew that make the most sense. But I think we all know MVP is getting a title shot next and we are probably getting Gracie vs Larkin, Storley vs unranked opponent.

I can only hope Bellator is considering splitting 170 and opening the 165 and 175 divisions, Daley and Lima have been lobbying for it for a while, so hopefully this is a test run. Also, they have been signing a lot of WWs so, again hopefully, they are gearing up for a Super Lightweight and Super Welterweight divisions.

He doesnt want to cut the extra 5 ever since he had an issue where they had to cancel one of his fights due to the cut. He probably doesnt want to fight MWs either due to the size difference

He doesnt want to cut the extra 5 ever since he had an issue where they had to cancel one of his fights due to the cut. He probably doesnt want to fight MWs either due to the size difference

Then dont fight legit WW contenders unless Bellator is splitting the div up into 65 and 75.

I normally have no problem with a catchweight fight. We know Daley doesn't want to cut anymore and that Jackson can cut to 170, so it saves him from needing to do so.

I just don't like it being on the same card as the WW title fight. Imagine Lima or Amosov needing to pull out late or even after weighing in. You no longer have a backup in Daley or Jackson. So you no longer have a title or interim title fight for the main event.

Great fight. Good to see both get back in there so soon.

Back