News Paulo Costa vs Marvin Vettori Official UFC Fight Night main event, Oct 23rd

Who wins?

• Paulo Costa

• Marvin Vettori

Results are only viewable after voting.
Vettori has an iron chin and Costas grappling is terrible so that is in his favor.

Vettori has mediocre stand up and Paulo has as much of an advantage on the feet as Vettori does grappling.

I slightly favor Marvin since its 5 rounds

Bury Costa? How so? Prior to getting demolished by Izzy, Costa was smashing everyone minus Romero. The guy is a flat out brawler…

Considering how unsuccessful Vettori was with the take down against Izzy, I wonder how he’ll fair with Costa? Costa hasn’t really been tested on the mat.
'Everyone minus Romero' = Uriah Hall and fat zombie welterweight Johnny Hendricks...

Capped delt jokes aside, I actually think that this is Costa’s fight to lose assuming his b-hole has healed up since Izzy. Marvin clearly holds the grappling advantage, but his big dumb ox style of wrestling should be nullified by Costa’s big dumb beachbody style of counterwrestling.

Costa clearly has more firepower on the feet and he’s actually fairly effective at implementing his “I’m the juggernaut, bitch!” method of clobbering against guys who aren’t fleet of foot.

In summation, I favor Costa overall, and comfortably through three. Marvin will definitely increase his chances every round past two though, and he’s proven himself very durable.

definitely paths to victory for both guys and definitely a close, intriguing matchup.

I'll bet my left nut Costa will pull out

What, no douchey gif?
giphy.gif

Bury Costa? How so? Prior to getting demolished by Izzy, Costa was smashing everyone minus Romero. The guy is a flat out brawler…

Considering how unsuccessful Vettori was with the take down against Izzy, I wonder how he’ll fair with Costa? Costa hasn’t really been tested on the mat.

Exactly, he’s a flat out brawler who’s willing to stand and bang; Vettori is not going to indulge him by keeping this standing. He’ll be risk-averse and keep Costa against the fence and ground for much of the bout - I’ll be surprised if this match-up goes any other way.

Rankings only hold credence when the UFC permits that they do. Costa could have had a much more favourable match-up thus being buried.

Forget the fight, im interested in who wins the fashion-off! The guy who wears silk shirts with sunglasses vs the guy who wears sunglasses with silk shirts.

Marvin has probably the best chin in the division, if you're expecting a Costa win you're saying he'll be the first to finish Marvin.

Costa ain't built to win 5 round fights, he's gonna gas bad the longer it goes. So I'm picking Marvin. Don't really care to see either guy ever fight Adesanya again but I do think Marvin is hungrier to try and make improvements in his game.

Yushin Okami beats them both on the same night.

Vettori by sub

3 rounds, Borrachinha.

5 rounds, Vettori.

Vettori, SD.

Good matchmaking. Interested to see who wins this one.

Couple of simpletons, but if bull force Costa returns gonna be a great fight.

Back