@Titanium
Reaction score

From New Jersey

Michael Coffie 12-0 vs Gerald Washington 20-4-1
Vito Mielnicki 8-1 vs James Martin 7-2

Last edited:

Last edited:
https://www.boxingscene.com/michael...-mielnicki-rematch-july-31-pbc-on-fox--158586

BoxingScene.com has learned that Brooklyn’s Coffie will next face former heavyweight title challenger Gerald Washington, one of three recognizable names that he called out following his third-round knockout of Darmani Rock earlier this year. The bout will be featured on the July 31 edition of Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Fox, airing live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.

Michael Coffie-Gerald Washington

From New Jersey

He's rematching Martin?! Well hats off to Vito for trying to erase that loss so quickly and then move on, but man this is risky.

From New Jersey

On top of things as ever, bro.

I like this match-up with Washington for Coffie. As a 35-year-old, he can't take the slow road & a win over Washington would elevate him to bigger things. As for Washington, it's do or die for him now. If he loses to Coffie he'll be reduced to journeyman status.

And it's bold of Mielnicki's people to book a rematch so soon. Risky but it shows confidence. I like it.

He's rematching Martin?! Well hats off to Vito for trying to erase that loss so quickly and then move on, but man this is risky.
Yes, rematch with martin… I agree

On top of things as ever, bro.

I like this match-up with Washington for Coffie. As a 35-year-old, he can't take the slow road & a win over Washington would elevate him to bigger things. As for Washington, it's do or die for him now. If he loses to Coffie he'll be reduced to journeyman status.

And it's bold of Mielnicki's people to book a rematch so soon. Risky but it shows confidence. I like it.
I agree on both topics my friend

If he gets revenge it puts his promising career back on track nicely, but a loss here is devastating.

Xander is looking better than Vito so far and even he didn't do amazing against Martin. I hope Vito has a plan.

If he gets revenge it puts his promising career back on track nicely, but a loss here is devastating.

Xander is looking better than Vito so far and even he didn't do amazing against Martin. I hope Vito has a plan.

Yeah, despite the two setbacks on his record Martin is a good fighter. He can't punch at all but he's got some nice skills. And losing to Xander is no shameful thing. As for his other loss, it was a very close fight that could have gone either way. Sure, the other kid was only 4-5 at the time but he's gone on a four or five-bout win streak since including a first-round stoppage over another unbeaten prospect. So, both Martin's losses are to credible fighters.

I'm really looking forward to the rematch.

Joey Spencer 12-0 vs Dan Karpency 9-3-1

main card

showcase PBC card

Boxing’s return to NJ

Yeah, despite the two setbacks on his record Martin is a good fighter. He can't punch at all but he's got some nice skills. And losing to Xander is no shameful thing. As for his other loss, it was a very close fight that could have gone either way. Sure, the other kid was only 4-5 at the time but he's gone on a four or five-bout win streak since including a first-round stoppage over another unbeaten prospect. So, both Martin's losses are to credible fighters.

I'm really looking forward to the rematch.

I agree. I just mean with all the hype and praise PBC has been giving Vito since he burst on to the scene they really don't need him losing to the same guy twice in his first 10 fights.

I agree. I just mean with all the hype and praise PBC has been giving Vito since he burst on to the scene they really don't need him losing to the same guy twice in his first 10 fights.
No, they don't.

BoxingScene.com has been advised that Devon Alexander (27-6-1) will snap a two-year ring hiatus when he faces Lucas Santamaria (11-2-1) on July 31st at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The fight will be televised by FS1.

As previously reported by BoxingScene.com’s Jake Donovan, the main card on FOX will feature Michael Polite Coffie against Gerald Washington in a heavyweight showdown and the Vito Mielnicki Jr.-James Martin rematch. Mielnicki, an u and coming welterweight prospect, suffered an upset loss against Martin on April 17th in Los Angeles in a bout that was also televised by FOX.

Paul Kroll 8-0 vs Justin Deloach 19-5

added to the FS1 portion

Back