Tech PEB's Motion Simulator thread (for Racing Games and Flight Simulation)

One more update for now comparing the old design to the updates to the design.

Nvidia builds a motion simulator rig that costs 20,000 dollars. I'm sure if you add the scalper markup the rig would cost 60,000 40,000 for the GeForce 3080 card lol. It doesn't fail the hate that Nvidia gets for lack of GPU's is a riot in the comments area is funny.

Last edited:
what's the very best entry level rig? ..if you know.

I need to play Outrun 2006 with a wheel, desperately.

what's the very best entry level rig? ..if you know.

I need to play Outrun 2006 with a wheel, desperately.

Not sure if serious but likely the cheapest motion simulator for the home.
YAW

Oh and yes you can attach a motion rig to 2006 Outrun game with a joystick driver for sim.

oh I was definitely serious haha.

Outrun 2006 is legit one of my favorite games of all time and I just got a pc copy so now I'm pretty interested in a race wheel set up. I'll play millions of hours of this game.

That last video is the dream. I keep hoping to find a decent sale/price on one of the entry level rigs. I can't decide which wheel to go for either... but that's awesome. Thanks for the video! Looks fucking amazing.

Reactions: PEB
oh I was definitely serious haha.

Outrun 2006 is legit one of my favorite games of all time and I just got a pc copy so now I'm pretty interested in a race wheel set up. I'll play millions of hours of this game.

That last video is the dream. I keep hoping to find a decent sale/price on one of the entry level rigs. I can't decide which wheel to go for either... but that's awesome. Thanks for the video! Looks fucking amazing.
Ok if serious YAW likely your best choice under 2500 dollars setup Outrun to run as a floating screen in VR and as far as wheels go that can get complicated anywhere from 200 to 600 dollars depending on drive type. My wheel is a force Feedback direct drive using an open source controller total cost with materials around 500 dollars.

Updated simulator with new hardware an speakers mounted.

How did this pass my radar?

I started following his youtube channel because he follows my channel. Here's the issue lol what Sherdogger is running this channel giveaway is his wrestling belts lol. Ok who is it!! :)

Working on the new carbon fiber actuator.

Very nice PEB! Keep it up!.

I am not a fan of this stuff but my buddy is and he will be finishing up his racing rig in a few weeks. I just finished building his PC so he's more or less set and ready to go. I think he's missing the monitors he wants. Once it's built i'll go over and check it and then i can compare it with yours. lol

Reactions: PEB

I am not a fan of this stuff but my buddy is and he will be finishing up his racing rig in a few weeks. I just finished building his PC so he's more or less set and ready to go. I think he's missing the monitors he wants. Once it's built i'll go over and check it and then i can compare it with yours. lol
The monitors people are going nuts for are LG 65 inch ones high refresh rate and freaking huge. This does not have to be 100k but his setup is nuts. I am thinking when I move mine to mod my setup for 3 27 inch monitors but the Samsung is plenty for now.
Example below he also mod ASUS bezel free kit to reduce the edges between the monitor edges very nice looking but a lot of work. You can buy used Samsung monitors for nice cut in price and they have decent specs for around 800 each.

When I am not running the simulator I also use it for productivity work so one screen makes more sense.

Last edited:

I forgot since your friend started working on it use if you can 2.4 nm or 7.4 nm 1000 kw <- better AC servos. They inexpensive and really powerful. The reason if you can using my extrusion aluminum idea an bike seat screw you could mount two car seats front to back or side to side. When building my platform I started to think how I could make it for 2 people. It's just not big enough to much work to refit. Two people would have a heck of a time.

It would only be slightly larger like 10 inches wider or longer I guess?

Making progress with my carbon fiber actuators new parts.

Last edited:
My first print is a little to small going to enlarge it slightly so it should be good after the second pass before committing it to CNC printing.

"If you’ve ever wondered just how accurate racing simulators can be, that question was answered over the weekend. At the Victorian State Race Series held at Winton Motor Raceway on Sunday, a team of iRacing experts took their virtual skills to the real-life track for the first time.

Aaron Lee and Ethan Grigg-Gault, the inaugural members of the Evolution Racing Team (ERT), are experienced iRacing sim racers. Grigg-Gault was one of the 12 players who competed in the Gfinity Supercars Series in 2019, and Lee was racing professionally in iRacing throughout 2020. But over the weekend, the duo took to the real-life track for ERT, a Logitech sponsored team that predominately competes online."
While racer Ethan Grigg-Gault came in eighth in the real-life Hyundai Excel race, Aaron Lee nabbed an impressive second place in the Formula Vee category, overcoming issues with an oil spill at the start of the race to nab a spot on the finishing podium."
"

So there you go simulators make you better race car drivers lol.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ko...-racing-team-victorian-state-race-series/amp/

Update with my new carbon fiber parts actuators I am building. Big boost in horizontal motion rigidity and lifting capacity. New 3D printed end cap soon CNC printed.

Back