Tech PEB's Motion Simulator thread (for Racing Games and Flight Simulation)

In the real world this would not happen see Ukraine war lol.

g68jmpMAHjuCqNvGsV2fTV-970-80.jpg.webp

This is not a real photo of hurricane Ian with a fighter jet flying by but a generated weather model out of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Crazy what can be done today. MSFS is capable of realistic real-time time an weather models.

Been busy redesigning my actuator parts soon going to be fully carbon fiber. My Bambu Labs printers really speed the process up.
This is just one part I am designing for it. This is only PLA when I get it close to ready move it to carbon.

full

Been tempted but price is limiting.

My buddy owns this business:

https://www.simracingtrailer.com/

trailer with multiple sim racing rigs. He goes to tracks/shows to feature his trailer. He will also build simulators for customers.

My buddy owns this business:

https://www.simracingtrailer.com/

trailer with multiple sim racing rigs. He goes to tracks/shows to feature his trailer. He will also build simulators for customers.
That is my goal with my custom motion simulators buying a good size pickup soon currently working on buying a Ford 150 or Chevy Silverado. I am interestingly enough driving a Silverado as my small SUV is being repaired as someone back out of a restaurant driveway and hit me while I was driving down the highway. I am going to apply my computing and electrical background to add some nice features into my trailer. Licenses are going to be a real problem soon and I am working my own dedicated simulator with some of my own software development with an open source developer to work on an entirely new type of motion simulator.

full

Fantastic skills.

Some updates to my motion simulator new controllers with remote operation. Currently 3D printing them in carbon fiber.

Just finished building this table and bottom rack setup bigger job they I expected but looks good.

This is disappointing news but EA.

Been quietly working on my air shock design for my carbon fiber actuator still much to do but figured I would share some of my design. There are a lot of elements to provide control to the user such as how much air pressure. Got to clean up my work area lol.

full

Updated photo of my actuator shock mount with the actuator sorta installed need work on that end. Still trying to figure out the best way to mount it. Getting close but more work left. Likely going to make the actuator shorter then 500mm down to around 300mm or less.

full

Ferrari going to make a hypercar version of their Gran Turismo car and it will retain much the look and single seat configuration. Will including a I guess V12 pumping out 1100 HP but also a 3 electric motor setup that is for torque off the line and torque fill between gear shifts but will also add nearly 900 HP. So that means when all are running full tilt expect just under 2,000 HP. The V12 is naturally aspirated to not unlike Aston Martin V12 with a 1,000 HP and 12,000 rpm top end. Besides being unreal on the track featuring the most advance suspension ever put in a Ferrari 0-60 will be hit under 1.8 seconds and the quarter will be run around 7.90. Odd "Not Ferrari's usual way" they are seeking to break the insane Porsche 919 record of sub 9 mins.

Like a 10 year old game engine still pretty much the go too game for all things motion simulation.

Just for comparisons

full

Update on my actuator design came up with a simple clamping idea to holding it in place. Still working on it by working out issues in its design.

How hard is it to run flight simulator 2020 in VR ? Might look into it this Summer (on a quest 2) but have heard such a wide range of opinions on how much GPU is needed and i've also heard the last 2 major patches have made it more optimized. I'm under the impression that for at least medium settings your looking at a 3080/6800xt level card

Back