Social Penticton joins Victoria in cancelling Canada Day activities

GoldenWolf87

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is getting ridicules.
Ontario might will just cancel the holiday.
Penticton joins Victoria in cancelling Canada Day activities
"When we heard what happened in Kamloops and they found the 215 unmarked graves of those children, we thought it was appropriate to hold back and wait to see what the federal government was going to announce," said Mayor John Vassilak about the announcement made Friday.

Vassilak said the city, which has more than 33,000 residents, was looking for direction from Ottawa over cancelling events. So far the federal government has not announced any plans to cancel national celebrations

Vassilak says Victoria's decision to cancel celebrations helped them follow suit.

"It did help when we knew our capital city cancelled it. So that's a good sign for the rest of the province to follow," he said.

Canada, like many other countries, has a dark past, but can't we find a fucking middle ground?

Canada, like many other countries, has a dark past, but can't we find a fucking middle ground?
Beating back communism.

pa-114890.jpg

Not thrilled with the message this sends.

There are skeletons in the closet and things we shouldn't celebrate but we change them to make the world better.

Not celebrating the birth of your country doesn't feel like it makes anything better.

Imagine when canada gets invaded. The young men will have no desire to defend it

Idiots really think in order to celebrate something it has to be perfect. Good luck finding any country with a spotless past. Cancel culture canceling entire countries now <36>
Which i why i would rather blame the educational institutions for teaching the youth a bit wrong. You see they dont teach the youth that other countries had a bad past they would educate you the "Woke way"

Idiots really think in order to celebrate something it has to be perfect. Good luck finding any country with a spotless past. Cancel culture canceling entire countries now <36>
Top down

look into who runs the show, and why they would be doing this.

hint: they don’t want another occupy Wall Street

Imagine when canada gets invaded. The young men will have no desire to defend it
Time to start the chruch of the Emperor and create the Blood Beavers / iron maple syrup legion

Sadly it’s not just Canada.

people Dont want to fight a distant foreign enemy that isn’t a THEIR enemy.

they want to fight their direct enemy who tries to deprive them of life liberty and justice

The vocal minority that seems to have a rasputin esque line to the ear of our buffoon leader surely will stand up and defend the abomination they've created right? I sure as fuck won't lift a finger to defend this country anymore.

Alberta has some surprises lurking.

I have friends and family in the Okanagan. This doesn't surprise me as Penticton is 1st Nations country as much as an Anglo Canadian place. The recent news about the deaths in reeducation camps called schools was bound to have consequences. Can't even fault the backlash all things considered.

This is the kind of retarded shit about modern day Canada that doesn’t even surprise me anymore. As a unified country with a national identity Canada has become an utter failure. You’ve got Québécois that consider themselves their own nation and not really a part of Canada. You’ve got First Nations that don’t consider themselves as part of Canada. And then you’ve got “everybody else”. And even among that “everybody else” you’ll find plenty of retards in Alberta and Saskatchewan that want to secede with “Wexit”. Now we’ve got people wanting to “cancel” the fathers of confederation and apparently Canada Day along with them.

My grandfathers are probably spinning in their graves.

People's knowledge, morals and sensibilities have evolved over the last 200 years? Go figure. Wokster assholes are allergic to recognizing progress.

Back