Petchpanomrung

J

Julius_Caesar

Petch is still new to the kickboxing scene and we haven't seen much of him under these rules so I don't wanna rate him to highly and he ends up losing within his next few fights but so far you cannot deny how special he's been looking.

SportsCenter uploaded his KO and its gained over a million views in a day. If Pet keeps this up he will do big things. He brings something to the combat world that is not really seen outside of Thailand. Hopefully he stays focused and keeps drilling those head kick techniques in training.

Looking forward to the RvR rematch. How do you guys see it going?

Considering he already beat RVR I think it's okay to rate him highly...

He is an amazing fighter. Its too bad the few guys who could challenge him are all outside of Glory(QJL, Kaew, Ren).

Last edited:
Tweeted it out to them so naturally taking credit for it!

600k on twitter and 450k on facebook too. Good for Pet.

Man, he's improved so much! It's too bad his special qualities only came to him in this period of kickboxing success.

What other Thais do you think could make the transition?

Idk why people seem surprised. I've been saying he will be the next big thing in kickboxing probably this since his first Glory fight. He is more skilled than Sittichai and probably more skilled than Kaew aswell. Good hands although he might not have the punching power that Kaew has.

Man, he's improved so much! It's too bad his special qualities only came to him in this period of kickboxing success.
Sarcasm aside he has improved in kickboxing and looks a lot more comfortable. That doesn't mean he's improved as muaythai fighter.

I think he looks the same as when he started kickboxing. bit more wild maybe.

people prasing his hands, when the only thing he does is throw overhand left.

Good hands although he might not have the punching power that Kaew has.
I think his punching power has been looking good recently. Just needs to work on his technique.

What other Thais do you think could make the transition?
I've been saying this before but not all elite thais will be that dominant in kickboxing. Petchpanomrung had the perfect skillset to go into kickboxing and dominate.

I think he looks the same as when he started kickboxing. bit more wild maybe.

people prasing his hands, when the only thing he does is throw overhand left.
Paradoxical as it may sound, but having good boxing skills may mean he can use his strenghts ie kicks and knees better. Superbank also had good hands but rarely used them in muay thai fights. I don't think there is a big advantage of giving up your best weapons and use your hands more. Maybe in order to avoid getting robbed... but he outboxed RvR and still got robbed so not sure how effective that strategy would be.

I think his punching power has been looking good recently. Just needs to work on his technique.
It looks average to me. Probably more power than Sittichai but not as powerful as Kaew

Nothing really to add except they showed this KO immediately after the Lomachenko / Linares match on ESPN and everyone at the party went "OH SHIT WHAT WAS THAT" so its fantastic exposure for the sport.

edit // worldstar now too

Last edited:
Nothing really to add except they showed this KO immediately after the Lomachenko / Linares match on ESPN and everyone at the party went "OH SHIT WHAT WAS THAT" so its fantastic exposure for the sport.

yeah, surprised me as well. pretty sure they butchered kiatmoo9, though.

He use to get special attention from the trainers When I was there in 2012. :) Guess it paid off...

Pet is going to mess RVR way harder this time and they are going to give him the title, Making glory surpass Enfusion as the #1 Bleed4Bleed kickboxing organization in the world.

If the judges rob Pet again they'd be doing Glory a huge disfavor. Pet is potentially their next superstar

Pet is going to mess RVR way harder this time and they are going to give him the title, Making glory surpass Enfusion as the #1 Bleed4Bleed kickboxing organization in the world.
I don't know man. RvR did better against sittichai the second time they fought. I think Pet had a really good night in the first fight. RvR is always dangerous. I hope Pet wins but not counting RvR out.

I don't know man. RvR did better against sittichai the second time they fought. I think Pet had a really good night in the first fight. RvR is always dangerous. I hope Pet wins but not counting RvR out.

I agree. RvR's style is totally unremarkable but very reliable to ensure he'll always have a chance of winning (under Glory judging). Plus he only fights 2-3 times an year and can always have a huge camp and only get in the ring in absolute top shape while Petpanomrung is fighting all the time at different weights, places and rulesets (at least up to last year).

One day he will wear off and that style won't work anymore though.

Back