Petchpanomrung

Well when you slip to the outside in boxing you're relatively safe. Against a kicker they can follow up with a kick from the same side or just throw a kick instead of a punch and your leaning right into a roundhouse. Bad stuff, I got kicked in the head doing just that before
Ya I remember sparring a guy that was very Boxing based with his movement and managed to catch him right in the eye with my knee when I threw a jab to lead body kick combo off the same side and he ducked right into it while slipping the jab.

Slips are certainly effective in Muay Thai/Kickboxing you just have to keep the movements tight and don't overextend yourself because the round kicks make a big difference.

I don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but Haraguchi had a change of opponents. Haraguchi is fighting Shiratori at RISE El Dorado now.

I don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but Haraguchi had a change of opponents. Haraguchi is fighting Shiratori at RISE El Dorado now.

I guess both Petch and Nuenglanlek had issues being allowed into Japan.

Oh well, this is the next best thing and should have happened last year anyway. Rise likes to try rebook big fights that don't happen so they'll probably rebook Kento vs Petch and Taiju vs Nuenglanlek at a later date.

EDIT - Kento KO's Taiju in Round 2.

Knew that match up was too good to be true

Yeah but like i say when Rise makes a great matchup and it falls through they tend to try and rebook it at a later date. It might not happen but i wouldn't rule it out.

Knew that match up was too good to be true
Yep it was near impossible .
A Thai going up in weigh to fight a top foreigner who is bigger ( especially in Kickboxing ) isn't rare .
I have yet to see a foreigner going up in weigh and fighting a top Thai who is bigger ( especially under Muay Thai ) .
I think if Kento manage to KO/dominate Petpanomrung or if Taiju manage to KO/dominate Nuanglanlek it would rank among the biggest win for a foreigner since the last few years regardless of it being under Kickboxing rules .
It was too good to be true ... I Think the COVID explanation is kind of weird .
I mean Kumandoi did fight Tenshin so why cant Petpanomrung and Nuanglanlek ?

It was too good to be true ... I Think the COVID explanation is kind of weird .

Yes, I'm sure RISE is conspiring with the Japanese government to make them extend the state of emergency. Do you even hear yourself talk?

Petchpanomrung looking sharp!

Gym workout is gym workout but his boxing is looking improved. Let's hope he fights Kento this year like originally planned.

Back