Petr Yan Excellent Value

Emang8

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
William Hill has Petr Yan at -120 tonight against Sterling. I find this to be an amazing value play as Yan should be somewhere more of a -200 favorite in this fight. Don't get me wrong I like Sterling, I think he has more charisma than most and solid grappling but his striking is just okay. I called Derrick Lewis KO'ing Curtis Blaydes in the second and I see Petr stopping Sterling in the third.

I agree.
Yan is the best value bet on the card.
Local books here have Yan favoured at 1.80 and sterling at 1.96.
Even odds is 1.85 (15c vigorish) so it's very very close to even.
If I was to set a line on actual probability in my view id be like 1.40 Yan, 2.70 sterling

Petr Yan to finish Sterling in the later rounds. 3rd or 4th round KO.

Last edited:
I want Sterling to lose because of his camp.

agreed. were surprised to see yan as underdog in this.
e: wait, scratch that, he wasnt ud, just close

Big yan fan here .

But the problem is his output ...he got outstruck by rivera ...If he didn't drop him in the last minute he would if lost .

Sterling can certainly mimik riveras busier more volume style and win on points .

I hope like hell yan catches him and outs him away ...but I could see sterling pitter oattering him to a 3-2 decision based solely on volume .

What has Yan done to deserve as much credit, Sterling has a better resume, is bigger, and has the grappling advantage

The real question is, why would you think that a man whose best win was against a past prime aldo, coming off a loss, be more of a favourite?

This card is just full of possible surprises.

There are so many 50-50 fights it's crazy.

Me personally, I'm baffled how Megan Anderson is such a huge underdog.

Did everyone forget that Nunes just became a dad ? :)

This is strange fight in some ways because the challenger has a better record recently than the champ. Both great fighters, but Sterling really went through the ringer to get his shot. Yan however has looked unstoppable.

The real question is, why would you think that a man whose best win was against a past prime aldo, coming off a loss, be more of a favourite?
i know, i think sterling is underrated, and i think its cause of the moraes ko. he got caught, it happens, but i think he's learned from it. im def rooting sterling

Big yan fan here .

But the problem is his output ...he got outstruck by rivera ...If he didn't drop him in the last minute he would if lost .

Sterling can certainly mimik riveras busier more volume style and win on points .

I hope like hell yan catches him and outs him away ...but I could see sterling pitter oattering him to a 3-2 decision based solely on volume .

Sterling hasn't been 5 rounds since his pre-UFC days, he will fold under Yan's pressure eventually if he can't get the sub

i know, i think sterling is underrated, and i think its cause of the moraes ko. he got caught, it happens, but i think he's learned from it. im def rooting sterling
Underrated? 66 percent of sherdog seems to be picking him against the champ and he is virtually even odds on most betting sites....

This card is just full of possible surprises.

There are so many 50-50 fights it's crazy.

Me personally, I'm baffled how Megan Anderson is such a huge underdog.

Did everyone forget that Nunes just became a dad ? :)
Oh Jesus Christ I hope you're not serious about this one.

Big yan fan here .

He got better since that fight

Back