PFL 2021 #1: Regular Season

BigSteve

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 11.41.25 am.png

Alright this just popped up on Bet365, you bet your ass il be looking into it.

Any interesting leans I can dive into first?

Oh I forgot about Pettis making his PFL debut! I bet we see some real old school "Showtime" stuff too.

Last edited:
Anybody know much about Sung Bin Jo? That name looks familiar but I can't place him.

Anybody know much about Sung Bin Jo? That name looks familiar but I can't place him.
He had some hype behind him but then lost his ufc debut to horrid daniel teymur which prompted ufc to cut him after just 1 fight. Tyler diamond is ufc caliber and should shit on this guy, line has gotten steamed a lot tho.

I got 2u / $500 on Tyler Diamonds. I remember him from TUF. He was the number one seed. Overall good fighter, like Kamais said, UFC caliber fighter. And his loss to Bryce has aged really well, as Bryce is an absolute beast. This is def a fight he should win comfortably.

I'm playing Lutterbach + Khaibulaev + Radzhabov at +105 just to have some action on the card.

If he can stuff pettis takedowns that +450 line is going to look great.
Anthony Pettis has a total of 2 take downs during the past 9.5 years.

I'm not sure how good Clay's TDD is in 2021, but Pettis has never been good at taking people down -- he's just a medium volume technical striker with good BJJ.

My bets:

• Clay Collard +425 $10 for $42.50
• Clay Collard +415 $20 for $83
• Bubba Jenkins decision +672 $5 for $33.60

Pettis has good kicks though which is obviously something Clay hasn't had to deal with while he's been boxing.

I quite like the price on Sheymon Moraes as a dog.

Took some Jenkins +3.5 +150. Hopeful he can win a round here.

I’ll tell you all first hand Loughnane wins and I expected him to be a bigger favourite

yeah he’s not fought in a while but he got stuck in Thailand so it’s not as if he hasn’t been training.

He beat Bill Algeo on the dana white show and you know what, Bill is actually pretty decent to be fair.

Sheymon is a busted prospect in my eyes and only looked good against Sayles in the UFC.

surprised Brendan isn’t 1/5 here tbh

If you think about it, all of Pettis's losses have been to pressure fighters w/ a lot of cardio. I'd be surprised to see Collard have success here with Pettis being able to use kicks, grappling, bjj, etc.

If you think about it, all of Pettis's losses have been to pressure fighters w/ a lot of cardio. I'd be surprised to see Collard have success here with Pettis being able to use kicks, grappling, bjj, etc.

Isnt that more or less Collards mo though

Isnt that more or less Collards mo though

I don't really view him that way. He's shown aggression, but I don't think he's the type that really looks to wear on an opponent.

ESPN 2 Card (6pm PT / 9pm ET)
  • Anthony Pettis vs. Clay Collard
  • Natan Schulte vs. Marcin Held
  • Movlid Khaybulaev vs. Jason Soares
  • Lance Palmer vs. Bubba Jenkins

ESPN+ Card (2:30pm PT / 5:30pm ET)

• Loik Radzhabov vs. Johnny Case
  • Joilton Lutterbach vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier
  • Akhmed Aliev vs. Mikhail Odintsov
  • Jo Sungbin vs. Tyler Diamond
  • Brendan Loughnane vs. Sheymon Moraes
  • Featherweight TBA vs. Featherweight TBA

What do you guys think of Jenkins vs Palmer? Thinking of betting the dog but I haven’t really taped Bubba

I got half a unit on the U1.5 on Khabuliaev fight and that's it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back