1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

PFL 2021 #3: Regular Season

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by BigSteve, May 3, 2021.

1. Need to increase my unit size for PFL, I go way smaller on PFL/Bellator than I would on UFC fights.

Only up 150 for the night, whereas if I made the same bets for the UFC they'd be double.

After watching the replay though idk, Werdum tightened the choke after the "tap" and was saying he loosened it. That's a close one, and I'd lean towards him not tapping.

Not just because I bet on him, but if that was a tap, it's not a strong enough tap to where you loosen the choke(and as I said, he didn't even loosen it).

2. Captain Chesapeake Blue Belt

You go from punching a guy with your right to tapping twice on his shoulder back to punching with it?

Nah

3. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

The first one didn't really look like a tap at all from what I saw. Just his hand moving around. The second one clearly looked like a tap. And they weren't in quick repetition.

Honestly, it's just something you probably can't even fully fix. Guys either trying to game the system or just subconsciously doing it. I've been in chokes just rolling where I'm basically moving my arm to tap and the other guy adjusts for some reason and the choke loosens a bit. Different situation because that was just rolling, didn't happen in either of my actual fights. Nothing on the line I know is WAY different than a million bucks LOL. But it's really just instinct.

Edit: It's the first one that looks like a tap for sure. The second one IDK, his hand barely moves, can't say I'd call that a tap.

Jeffy37 likes this.
  4. Everygoodnametook White Belt

p funny cause i do same with PFL and if i bet my UFC unit size id be eating soup next 2 weeks

5. Jeffy37 Blue Belt

Yeah that was a weird ending. I do get what you are saying and I had money on Werdum. Like I said earlier the only thing that looks clear is that Werdum did tighten up the submission after the taps.

mkess101 likes this.
  6. thesharktank Brown Belt

Keith Peterson is a shit ref.
    Werdum has to hold for more than that though.

7. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

It's honestly one where I see the argument on both sides. I think the ref missed the one clear tap, but it was only one and he's on the other side of the fighters. I think Werdum is a bit full of it saying he let the choke go. At first I thought he did loosen it, but seeing it again...nah.

Fighters need to be told that unless you're making it VERY clear that you're tapping, the ref won't stop it. So make it CLEAR. And they also need to be told that you don't let a submission go until the ref jumps in.

Jeffy37 likes this.
  8. Jeffy37 Blue Belt

I have no idea why every major organization or athletic commission doesn't allow instant replay for a fight ending sequence. This is a prime example why you need it even though I thought Werdum was on some bs about loosing up on the submission.

9. BigSteve Green Belt

end of the day its all on Werdum. If the opponent wants to play games, then put him to sleep. Simple as that

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  10. Broe. Brown Belt

the guy tapped, wrong result, will be overturned I think.

11. Kamais_Ookin Red Belt

yeah werdum already in process of appealing it

12. Captain Chesapeake Blue Belt

Doesn’t matter for us bettors though.

rille31 and Brockstar like this.
  13. Jordan3399 Brown Belt

Move along loser
    Bruno bet .png

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  14. Boxing Expert 101 White Belt

This is how it’s done.

That’s 3 heavyweight dogs that cashed, and a nice +1550 sub prop. Still waiting on the sub +1400 prop from you.

Drops mic!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  15. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

Werdum/Ferreira changed to no contest. Still sucks for us that bet Werdum or Werdum ITD.