PFL 2021 #6: Regular Season - June 25th

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
PFL happening on Friday this week for some reason, unfortunately at the same time as Bellator

2186.png

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/pfl-week-6-2186

https://www.sherdog.com/events/Professional-Fighters-League-PFL-6-2021-Regular-Season-87834

Palmer and De'reese have some value. Bruno is a bit of a glass cannon so I'm a bit surprised at the wide odds.

Manfio ain't too bad either, given how washed Pettis looked against Collard. Ferreira, Goltsov, Abreu and Young seem like good favs to back, then again favorites are cursed in PFL.

Pacheco over Kolesnyk is almost a near certainty imo, Pacheco deserves a lot of respect for not getting finished by Harrison in either of their fights. She nuked the last girl she fought too, won't be surprised if she finishes this one too.

Line isn't out yet but there will definitely be value if Pacheco ITD is approximately -150.

my sports-betting site has Kayla Harrison at -2500 to win, but only -115 to win by KO/TKO/DQ (I'm betting this, don't see Battle-Cat making it to the final bell, most likely getting pounded out on the ground.

Bets I like

Abreu-175

Sanchez+120 Under 2.5+230

Austin+180

Fabian/Paljic-Un 2.5+150

Delija/Cole-Over 1.5+120

Pacheco/Kolesynk-Un 1.5 -110

Palmer+110

Manfio+160

Harrison/Dandois-OV 1.5+180

Do fighters really care about the PFL points system? Palmer would need a finish in order to make their playoffs, but I feel like many fighters in this scenario simply do not show the urgency. Palmer has won the tournament once though, so I feel like we might see him come out guns blazing because he doesn't want that million dollar payday to slip away. But who the fuck knows, guy isn't much of a finisher. Might place a small bet on Palmer ITD just in case he does come out gunning for the finish.

Do fighters really care about the PFL points system? Palmer would need a finish in order to make their playoffs, but I feel like many fighters in this scenario simply do not show the urgency. Palmer has won the tournament once though, so I feel like we might see him come out guns blazing because he doesn't want that million dollar payday to slip away. But who the fuck knows, guy isn't much of a finisher. Might place a small bet on Palmer ITD just in case he does come out gunning for the finish.

I think a lot of fighters have a really hard time adjusting. We see it when fighters are down two rounds and they don't really even go for it in the third. They may win the third, but it's apparent they aren't going all out for a finish. I think that may be true here as well. Some fighters can probably turn it on and it will matter, but I think the majority do not. They fight how they always fight.

I think a lot of fighters have a really hard time adjusting. We see it when fighters are down two rounds and they don't really even go for it in the third. They may win the third, but it's apparent they aren't going all out for a finish. I think that may be true here as well. Some fighters can probably turn it on and it will matter, but I think the majority do not. They fight how they always fight.
They don't go all out for a finish because there can be severe consequences if you put less emphasis on defence. It is really not fun to get hit hard, and it is a pretty scary thing to go all out for a finish. I don't think it is a matter of adjusting...

Someone convince me of not putting the house on De'reese here. He's extremely one dimensional but powerful enough in that lone dimension to blast the absolute crap out of a striker with a suspect chin like Bruno.

Someone convince me of not putting the house on De'reese here. He's extremely one dimensional but powerful enough in that lone dimension to blast the absolute crap out of a striker with a suspect chin like Bruno.

He may be powerful, but has less than one round of cardio and looked like absolute dog shit in his last fight. Poor defense and just turtles up when he gets hit. I think he will be much slower than Bruno as well. I would play the under myself.

@Jordan3399 money train khaybulaev continues vs this clown palmer?
Not 100% here, I was thinking this fight wouldn't be made until the final and we'd get another look at Lance to see if the Bubba fight was an outlier or not. He's looked fantastic before but seemed terrified to do anything vs Bubba which I suspect was down to Bubba beating him in wrestling previously. Looks like a decent amount of recency bias in the line, would be flipped at a minimum if you takeaway the last rounds result. My plan was to bet Movlid big vs everyone up to the final with Lance and then see how both had looked, not confident either way at this stage.

They don't go all out for a finish because there can be severe consequences if you put less emphasis on defence. It is really not fun to get hit hard, and it is a pretty scary thing to go all out for a finish. I don't think it is a matter of adjusting...

That was actually my point and a justification for why they don't adjust their style. There is the damage aspect, and there are others such as not being trained to fight all offensively anyways. It's not something they are accustomed to doing and fighting is a lot of muscle memory.

Raush Manfio +170 ? I'll take that vs a washed out Pettis.
Hell, Pettis probably has a broken hand right now.

Raush is training at ATT right now. There is some footage of him sparring with francisco trinaldo on youtube. and the formula to beat pettis is just to move forward.

Anyone playing Laura Sanchez? Good dog value for that 6ft frame, a grapplers nightmare, the massive size difference and solid power.

Best dogs imo

Sanchez
Palmer

I think all the other favorites will win it, This is a huge oppurtunity to make
Raush Manfio +170 ? I'll take that vs a washed out Pettis.
Hell, Pettis probably has a broken hand right now.

Raush is training at ATT right now. There is some footage of him sparring with francisco trinaldo on youtube. and the formula to beat pettis is just to move forward.

I think Pettis beats him, he has a tool box of moves at his disposal. Even in his last fight against a fast hands boxer he cracked him a few times with knees , head kicks, and a straight right. Showed a good chin and good recovery.

Raush is big guy, but his boxing is just not there, he throws them from an awkward stance, like a body builder who was taught boxing for a few months, no head movement. His best chance is a quick flash ko in the first round or its a bust as the fights progress. Pettis, has the exp, cardio and speed factor.

Last edited:
Back