News PFL 3 on ESPN: 454K viewers. Highest ever

No. I'm aware tv audiences have gone down across the board over the years. Its just kind of sad that 450k viewers gets celebrated now.
Ah, bet, makes sense. I get celebrating an increase, but you're right about it not being a great number.

I can give a shit about power slap. But the best comparison is what it was doing on TV compared to ONE and the same time slot…… or compared to PFL and Bellator. It was performing at the same level or higher. I mean some truck drivers slapping each other was competitive ratings with a ONE card that had Mighty and Eddie on it. It was definitely over performing imo for niche garbage.

I mean ONE with that great card did like 190k and Power Slap nearly 300k. You could argue AEW had better lead in at that time and TV had more views on it during the pandemic.

Those high ratings EliteXC and SF had were on broadcast stations. So the high viewership makes sense over shows on cable channels. That being said they would likely be around 1-2 million now on broadcast. Definitely hard to compare then vs now.

The most impressive thing was Kimbo and Roy on Spike. Those numbers were like insane for a cable station. That would be like 16-18 million on CBS.

Last edited:
Back