PFL 7 : First PFL Playoffs card announced. Takes place on August 13th.

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
defw90dy9sd71.jpg

Ha, the prelim card looks better than the main card.

Will watch for Ray and Clay specifically but it's not a bad card. Just not sure why they're going up against Bellator. I'm not missing Magomedov/Stots or Mousasi/Salter for these fights

Bringing guys back who are out of the tournament for matches is cool. Schulte Vs OAM is a great fight.

Fuck Michael Lombardo though.

Will watch for Ray and Clay specifically but it's not a bad card. Just not sure why they're going up against Bellator. I'm not missing Magomedov/Stots or Mousasi/Salter for these fights

I'll watch both but I'm interested to see who wins head to head and If there are different people watching or whether it's the same people who watch both.

I'll watch both but I'm interested to see who wins head to head and If there are different people watching or whether it's the same people who watch both.
Honestly if I’m being real, I don’t know anybody that watches PFL and judging by the amount of traffic they get through social media, it’s very little. Bellator has an actual fanbase of ppl who watch but it’s obviously very small compared to UFC. But this is all based on interaction I’ve seen through social media. Bellator has homegrown fighters that are well known in the mma circles and social media (Pitbull, Lima, MVP) while PFL really only has Kayla Harrison.

Honestly if I’m being real, I don’t know anybody that watches PFL and judging by the amount of traffic they get through social media, it’s very little. Bellator has an actual fanbase of ppl who watch but it’s obviously very small compared to UFC. But this is all based on interaction I’ve seen through social media. But Bellator has homegrown fighters that are well known in the mma circles and social media (Pitbull, Lima, MVP) while PFL really only has Kayla Harrison.

They both seem to do around the 100k a show mark from what I've seen.

Tbh I train at an MMA gym and I don't know anyone who watches PFL or Bellator lol.

Tbh I train at an MMA gym and I don't know anyone who watches PFL or Bellator lol.
Do you think they know who MVP is? What are the chances anyone hears about the London event and grabs tix? Genuinely curious

Do you think they know who MVP is? What are the chances anyone hears about the London event and grabs tix? Genuinely curious

Pretty much noone knows who MVP is really. It's only a very small sample size but at my gym it's UFC > Cage Warriors > everything else.

Pretty much noone knows who MVP is really. It's only a very small sample size but at my gym it's UFC > Cage Warriors > everything else.
That’s crazy to me. Well I’m an mma nerd (most of us here are) so I live in an mma bubble but damn that’s disheartening but not surprising to me. If MVP vs Lima can’t get London excited I’m not sure anything Bellator has will.

Even when Brett Cooper fights in America it's against a tough, unheralded Russian guy

That’s crazy to me. Well I’m an mma nerd (most of us here are) so I live in an mma bubble but damn that’s disheartening but not surprising to me. If MVP vs Lima can’t get London excited I’m not sure anything Bellator has will.

They might sell some tickets down there, they usually put loads of London Shootfighters guys on the cards who'll shift tickets to people that know them etc.

MMA is a pretty niche sport over here in general. Most people are only aware of the UFC to the point that if I told them I was a fan of MMA I'd get a blank stare, but once I mentioned it was UFC they'd understand.

They might sell some tickets down there, they usually put loads of London Shootfighters guys on the cards who'll shift tickets to people that know them etc.

MMA is a pretty niche sport over here in general. Most people are only aware of the UFC to the point that if I told them I was a fan of MMA I'd get a blank stare, but once I mentioned it was UFC they'd understand.
Lol been there bud. Usually I have to do like a punching motion and say “It’s like fighting .. um you ever heard of like UFC?”

Lol been there bud. Usually I have to do like a punching motion and say “It’s like fighting .. um you ever heard of like UFC?”

Imagine the looks you'd get if you told them the sport you like was called Bellator. <Lmaoo>

At my bjj gym some know Bellator, particularly guys like MVP, Lima, and Pitbull but they are not very vested in it.

I guess here in Texas MMA is a bit well known. Of course most think all MMA is the UFC but you are not considiered some weirdo for watching that like it was before the TUF boom. I had to explain to my wife that there are different promotions, etc. but she cant tell the difference between them. My brother in law only watches the UFC and thinks im some weirdo for also watching Bellator and PFL, btw.

I guess here in Texas MMA is a bit well known. Of course most think all MMA is the UFC but you are not considiered some weirdo for watching that like it was before the TUF boom. I had to explain to my wife that there are different promotions, etc. but she cant tell the difference between them. My brother in law only watches the UFC and thinks im some weirdo for also watching Bellator and PFL, btw.
Lmao I’m the kinda friend that really only talks about mma as a whole like I’ll never just mention UFC and I’m always cognizant to call the sport mma to educate my friends. But yes I have a buddy as well who also calls Bellator the B league and only likes UFC lol.

Lmao I’m the kinda friend that really only talks about mma as a whole like I’ll never just mention UFC and I’m always cognizant to call the sport mma to educate my friends. But yes I have a buddy as well who also calls Bellator the B league and only likes UFC lol.
I've been trying to get my boomer dad into Bellator since the Showtime era began. He was a fan of UFC from the beginning and was the one who showed me the original UFC one night tournaments on VHS which sparked my 20+ year long MMA fandom. That said he has never been anything other then super casual even towards the UFC.

I told him the other day if there was ever a Bellator card to check out it's the one this Saturday.

I've been trying to get my boomer dad into Bellator since the Showtime era began. He was a fan of UFC from the beginning and was the one who showed me the original UFC one night tournaments on VHS which sparked my 20+ year long MMA fandom. That said he has never been anything other then super casual even towards the UFC. Can only hope the fights deliver.

I told him the other day if there was ever a Bellator card to check out it's the one this Saturday.
I hope he gives it a shot. The UFC card is falling apart on Saturday. I think this will be a crucial night for Bellator. All the cards are falling into place for them. They will have people watching. Can only hope the fights deliver. Has a chance to be a historic night for the company.

I dont like to talk about MMA with anyone because the few people that I did talk about it were super casuals and were very ignorant and kept making stupid observations about grappling or how Ronda could beat the men; it was very annyoing. So, I just turned to the forums and found the UFC forum to be filled with that same type of people and that why I spend some time in the worldwide forum.

Im a history professor and I get to talk a lot about boxing during class, though. I managed to sneak Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, and Muhammad Ali for my lectures. So its all good.

Back