News PFL Anthony Pettis vs Alex Martinez June 10 Full Card

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
E1SkfqOXIAIhuED

Collard beats Pettis, but Pettis is the main event and Collard is on the undercard...

<JerryWWF>

I believe that's Arman Ospanov fighting Chris Wade... where did he come from? What happened to Sung Bin Jo and Raush Manfio?

Manfio was a replacement for OAM. It kinda sucks for him that he won his fight and then got booted though. They were always gonna use OAM I guess.

Im guessing they only got a 1 hour slot on ESPN2? PFL needs to have a few non tournament cards or have reserve fight cards incase something happens. Disappearing for months is the problem with Bellator too. Once your gone that long everyone forgets/loses interest. This season feels a little more lackluster than 2019's. Card placement doesnt mean much in PFL since every fight on the card is for the playoffs. I think they need a few non tournament fights like a few weeks ago to open the prelims.

The full 2021 PFL 4 lineup includes:

MAIN CARD (ESPN 2, 10 p.m. E.T.)

• Anthony Pettis vs. Alex Martinez
  • Anthony Dizy vs. Bubba Jenkins
  • Tyler Diamond vs. Brendan Loughnane
  • Brittney Elkin vs. Claressa Shields
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 6 p.m. E.T.)

Martinez is... alright? Kind of like a rangy strikes. Tries a lot of timed counters. Flops to his back fairly easily. Seems like a winnable fight for Pettis but he really needs a finish which seems more dubious.

I pray to god Schulte finishes Mikhail in round 1 but Odinstov seems like a really durable guy.

Aliev vs Loik is <{jackyeah}>

Movlid vs Moraes is the real "Ali match-up" on the card. Facing Sheymon and Lazar seems to pretty easily be the easiest pathway to the Semi's for any fighter on the roster.

Palmer vs Lazar really looks like they're giving Palmer one last chance to get into these semis... but it's Palmer so that still seems unlikely.

Of course what we're not factoring into this is all the Eastern Block fighters falling away due to VISA issues

Raush Manfio not fighting? He's not getting into the semis with 3 points

Manfio was a replacement for OAM. It kinda sucks for him that he won his fight and then got booted though. They were always gonna use OAM I guess.

The PFL website still shows him in the standings... why boot him lol, that's strange. It makes more sense to say tough shit to Aubin-Mercier and proceed. PFL is a mess.

Ospanov is replacing Sung Bin Jo. Jo isn't in the standings anymore. Not sure what happened to him.

The PFL website still shows him in the standings... why boot him lol, that's strange. It makes more sense to say tough shit to Aubin-Mercier and proceed. PFL is a mess.

Ospanov is replacing Sung Bin Jo. Jo isn't in the standings anymore. Not sure what happened to him.

OAM is one of the biggest names they have, I guess they wanted to use him, plus it's probably in his contract that he fights or gets paid anyway if he doesn't.

With foreign fighters it can always be random visa/travel issues at the moment.

PFL season structure is a mess, miss one fight due to any reason and you are basically only gonna fight once the year

I have really enjoyed the PFL since inception and think it has potential with it's format but it's had horrendous luck this season with the pull outs, scrapped fights and shortened cards.

Overall though it's a pretty solid card. I'm interested in seeing what Clarissa looks like too.

Surprised they don't run with Collard. Had an exciting fight with Pettis and an exciting style. They really can't fit him on a main card?

One of the best things about PFL is these guys actually fight often for once.

I don't care about fight placement. Ofc Pettis will be main event. If this was UFC we wouldn't see him fight for another 4 months.

its a good thing. Pullout merchants will never make it in PFL

With the way these tourneys work I wouldnt be too surprised if Pettis walked away with the million bucks.

Back