News PFL Anthony Pettis vs Alex Martinez June 10 Full Card

PFL season structure is a mess, miss one fight due to any reason and you are basically only gonna fight once the year
So they will be like 80% of the UFC fighters then. Only the UFC fighters do it by choice...

So they will be like 80% of the UFC fighters then. Only the UFC fighters do it by choice...
Lol most guys fight more then once a year, you only hear about the guys who refuse fights so that's why you think so. Even so, usually that one fight a year is against another top level talent when they get to the point where they can refuse fights. With PFL it's a meh matchup. Like Isaev is gonna say Hatef Moeil who is a nobody by MMA standards.

Lol most guys fight more then once a year, you only hear about the guys who refuse fights so that's why you think so. Even so, usually that one fight a year is against another top level talent when they get to the point where they can refuse fights. With PFL it's a meh matchup. Like Isaev is gonna say Hatef Moeil who is a nobody by MMA standards.
Most guys in UFC don't have the chance to win a million though... and most guys here will fight at least twice also anyways

Last edited:
Most guys in UFC don't have the chance to win a million though
Let's be real, for most of the field the actual chance of them winning that big prize is 0. for the 2-3 fighters in each weight class who could actually win it? yeah it's a great deal for them.

Let's be real, for most of the field the actual chance of them winning that big prize is 0. for the 2-3 fighters in each weight class who could actually win it? yeah it's a great deal for them.
Not really, it's kind of random who is winning it. Philipe Lins won the heavyweight and I thought he was bad before it started. Then he signed with the UFC and went 0-2. No idea how he won it. Who was this brazilian that knocked out Werdum? Nobody knew who he was, Werdum was a big favorite. Wasn't Will Brooks supposed to win one of these 2 years ago as well? Failed too.

Sordi was submitted in 20 seconds by Ryan Spang in the contender series. Nobody saw him beating Vinny let alone winning the entire thing. He even went 1-1 with a 40 year old russian. He won the one that mattered. Sean O'Connell got knocked out by one guy, qualified anyways and ended up winning it beating a guy that beat the guy that beat him.

Did you see Pettis losing to Collard coming? Because here everyone was saying that they had pair him with an easy opponent so he would reach the finals. Didn't both the champion and the finalist of that tournament also lost in that event? Did you think that the unknown guy from paraguay would beat the finalist from last year?

So far the only ones that were supposed to win and had won it were Palmer and Kayla (who is on a made up division just for her). And Palmer just lost, so there's that.

It's MMA, not boxing. Anything can happen. That's why the odds are always so even on most matches and upsets are very common.

E1SkfqOXIAIhuED
I'm actually very much looking forward to Held vs OAM

Typical of a MMA Organization not knowing when to strike while the iron is hot. People love underdogs and people love to watch underdogs get their due. From Boise State in college football to Gonzaga in college basketball to Andy Ruiz in boxing, people love underdogs. The PFL decision makers are being the typical idiots that many people already think they are by not taking advantage of pushing Clay Collard while his star is shining. But bad organizations are bad organizations for a reason.

No idea why everyone's complaining about Collard. PFL did him a solid by feeding him a can, and gave Pettis an undefeated guy. If anything, they should have switched opponents for these guys and fed Pettis the can.

Without a doubt, some of these match-ups suck, but not as bad as the June 17 card.

Usman is out as well. Sayles now faces Golstov

Usman is out as well. Sayles now faces Golstov

I gave up on following the season format a long time ago. I’m just watching the cards as they come. This season format is a mess rn.

With what a mess this season's been so far, they're better off just doing the old Bellator format.

Maybe they don't hype certain fighters because of the overall unpredictability of the entire thing. Underdogs might beat them. Perhaps not having the marketing budget of bigger organizations is a factor as well.

Looking forward to Shields' mma debut. Hoping she & Elkins make weight. Then we'll see what happens.

OAM is coming off losses to Gilbert Burns and Tsarukyan. Not exactly bums.
Yes, I wasn't being sarcastic - I like both OAM and Held. It should be a competitive and relevant fight (unlike, will all due respect, a typical Kayla Harrison fight; not her fault obviously, just a shallow weight class). Lastly, as much of a Pettis fan as I am, I think someone like OAM actually has a better chance to win the tournament.

Jesus Christ, can things go any worse for PFL? I guess if Harrison loses to that bum next fight.

Back