Phil Collins

fingercuffs

36CFIST
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Probably one of the most underrated musical minds ever. Maybe not underrated, but definitely underappreciated. He has hits, but it's understanding of music that impresses me the most.
Domino's a flippin rhapsody so yeah he doesn't get a fair go of it.

That's sad. Must be frustrating to still mentally be there and have the drive to play, but to be physically unable.

Can you please post videos of his work , my brains cells aren’t remembering him for some reason .

c948b472a4a694c895627678f89510a1.gif

edea147a-ada0-4247-a319-f2e2a5e4bbe0_text.gif

american-psycho.gif

Years ago I was working security at concerts (2000ish). It was one of those outdoor venues (Starwood in Nashville). We are having a backstage meeting before the gates opened and there was a wooden fence separating us from the backstage area. In the middle of the meeting someone starts playing the bagpipes on the other side of the fence. And they were not good.

The supervisor asks one of us to go over there and ask them to please go elsewhere. He opens the gate and it was Phil playing. He stops, realizes we couldn't hear, apologizes and says he will go away. This was all before we said anything. Good dude

A bit off topic, but in the early 90s my brother in law decided he wanted to be an actor. Starting taking classes etc. He got involved in a small independent film project and met this woman. They started dating for about ~3 months. She split up with him because she wanted to focus on her acting career and didn't have time for a boyfriend.

About a year later, I was reading an article in the newspaper about this actress that had won a Canadian Juno award for some show. As I was reading the article, I recognized her. Then was agape when the article went on to say "daughter of Rock superstar Phil Collins....." I immediately grabbed my BIL and showed him. He was as surprised about it as I was. Said she'd never once mentioned anything about it in the 3 months they dated.

Anyway, sad to hear. Always loved Phil and Genesis.

I remember reading an old quote of his saying, "I'm not a singer who plays the drums, I'm a drummer who sings."

Something to that effect.

Always thought that was cool. (Dude always considered himself a drummer first.)

"It will see Collins reunite with Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks, who last performed together in 2007 to mark Genesis’ 40th anniversary"

So, this will be a 54th year anniversary tour for Genesis. <Eek2.0>

Shit.

All the best for Phil.

A bit off topic, but in the early 90s my brother in law decided he wanted to be an actor. Starting taking classes etc. He got involved in a small independent film project and met this woman. They started dating for about ~3 months. She split up with him because she wanted to focus on her acting career and didn't have time for a boyfriend.

About a year later, I was reading an article in the newspaper about this actress that had won a Canadian Juno award for some show. As I was reading the article, I recognized her. Then was agape when the article went on to say "daughter of Rock superstar Phil Collins....." I immediately grabbed my BIL and showed him. He was as surprised about it as I was. Said she'd never once mentioned anything about it in the 3 months they dated.

Anyway, sad to hear. Always loved Phil and Genesis.
He tipped me 2 days wages just for washing his (not very) hair. Hardly a claim to fame but I always loved his music. Been listening to Peter Gabriel again recently.

Back