International Philippines. Duterte plans to run for Vice President, critics say he will still rule

Oceanmachine

Tidwell belt
Banned
Reaction score
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/08/asia/duterte-vice-president-nomination-intl-hnk/index.html

I was wondering what his plan was he didnt get the Congress to give change the Constitution and allow him to run for a 2x,

´´Presidential term is 6 years in The Philippines and is only for 1x term that is NON renewable. Or maybe he could not get the support to overturn or change the law? I figured they would write a law allowing a special 1x, 2nd term but my guess is he doesnt want any successor of his to change things too much so he is sticking with 1 term in Constitution but now wants to be the VP and hold the real power with some stooge (he wants his daughter to be President)

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday accepted his party's nomination to run for vice president in next year's election, forging ahead with a plan criticized by rivals as a cynical move to maintain his political power.

Duterte, 76, is barred by the constitution from seeking a second term and his interest in the largely ceremonial post has been dismissed by opponents as a bid to stay in office to avoid potential legal action at home or abroad.
But Duterte, who has always portrayed himself as a reluctant leader, said his decision was driven by love of country.

"It is really because I want to see the continuity of my efforts even though I may not be the one giving direction, I might be able to help," Duterte said.´´´´

@ShinkanPo what’s your take on this homie?
He will be a cloistered emperor here or is he just being weird and actually legit going to be a regular VP?

Dutterte is the hero the philippines deserves, but not one that it needs

If people are dumb enough to vote for him again, I don't know what to tell you...

If people are dumb enough to vote for him again, I don't know what to tell you...
I don't follow the politics much there. Is there an alt that is better or even the same as him?

He has to run for vp. Pacquiao already fucked him on any support for re-election at the top.

Watching Pacman turn on puta hayup boy has been so fucking delicious. Watching him put the final nail in the coffin will be even better.

I don't follow the politics much there. Is there an alt that is better or even the same as him?

There's alot of politicians who are better but the presidency is going to Pacquiao anyway. The feeling among Duterte's opposition is that he talks big but he's a big bitch at heart. The feeling among his supporters is "holy shit manny is running, fuck this guy"

There's alot of politicians who are better but the presidency is going to Pacquiao anyway. The feeling among Duterte's opposition is that he talks big but he's a big bitch at heart. The feeling among his supporters is "holy shit manny is running, fuck this guy"
Wow. Hopefully whoever is next is t overly corrupt nor crazy

He's pulling the Putin maneuver. I always thought Obama shoulda been Clintons VP instead of that Chad from Virginia. Clinton was Toxic but that idiot got destroyed by Choir boy Pence.

Wow. Hopefully whoever is next is t overly corrupt nor crazy
The thing about Pacquiao is he can't really be corrupted cause he already has money. The problem is he's a naive idealist. People will back him, but china is breathing down his neck...what's he gonna do about it? I'm not sure.

Def a Putin-Medvedev like play, but for different reasons. Thing is Du30 is involved in a massive corruption scandal that might irk even his most loyal fans.

His major incentive in running is keeping himself from being sued/tried to oblivion. He can achieve this if the eventual President is his ally. But no one in his inner circle comes of as charismatic to his fans. They all seem like sycophants. And it seems all of them are antagonistic of each other, so Du30's party PDP-Laban seems very split up.

There's a fairly good chance the current lady VP Leni Robredo will win the presidency, but maybe that's a reach.

Honestly, Manny Pacquiao. He's a social democrat and a populist. He's too socially conservative to be on the left in the US, but he's perfect for the Philippines. The other left wing candidates are either too far left for my tastes or are not viable. People made such a big deal about his gay marriage comments, but I always thought it was overblown. He seems like a good guy to me.

The thing about Pacquiao is he can't really be corrupted cause he already has money. The problem is he's a naive idealist. People will back him, but china is breathing down his neck...what's he gonna do about it? I'm not sure.
He's criticized Duterte for being weak on China. I'd trust him to stand up to China a lot more than Duterte. Pacquiao's life experience seems to guide him to orient the Philippines back towards the US rather than Duterte who's very pro-China.

Honestly, Manny Pacquiao. He's a social democrat and a populist. He's too socially conservative to be on the left in the US, but he's perfect for the Philippines. The other left wing candidates are either too far left for my tastes or are not viable. People made such a big deal about his gay marriage comments, but I always thought it was overblown. He seems like a good guy to me.
Interesting. Problem is the dude never has run anything and I wonder if he’ll appoint and hire people that will just cash in on their new positions and be incredibly corrupt

Hope he isn’t too naive and let his inner circle run things to the point of corruption
And I do hope for an anti Chinese flip. That’s be great for east Asia. As it leaves China essentially alone here

Back