Pillow-like Gloves?

mvisit1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Question...

Which gloves are soft and pillow-like? Which brands? Which models? I already know we can rule out bag gloves, DUH. Don't say Winning because I already know that and I'm not spending $200+ or whatever it is for their 160z'ers.

I've encountered really soft gloves twice but they belonged to friends of mine and I remember them being cheap no-namers. I own 160z Windy Training Gloves and I don't consider them to be soft like at all. Is it that when they are too soft hand injuries occur too easily?

The CSI thai-style gloves I have are pretty soft, compared to the Thai brands like Windy and Fairtex anyway. I guess safety sparring boxing gloves like the ones Ringside and Fairtex have might be soft and pillow-like too.

If you want safety in a sparring glove get the Title Platinum gloves. I own them and they are by far the softest, most protective gloves I have ever seen or used. Not only are they soft, but the padding is very thick on the striking surface. I personally wouldn't want to use anything else for sparring.

You can use them as a bag glove but it would probably be a waste of a good glove. Plus I like denser padding for a bag glove anyways. However I've used them for some minor mitt work.

If you're getting them for sparring purposes and will have someone available to lace you up, get the lace version. The hook/loop isn't bad but I'd much prefer to have a lace up if you have the luxury of a trainer.

Do all Thai brands have harder padding? How about Twins, King and Fairtex?

I was actually really surprised when I got my Rival's how soft and cushioned the were.

I was actually really surprised when I got my Rival's how soft and cushioned the were.

The Rival gloves are awesome. The support throughout the wrist and the padding are the best I have seen.

I bought them on whim and I am glad I did. By far the best gloves I have ever had, and they aren't overpriced like Hayabusa and others.

I bought them on whim and I am glad I did. By far the best gloves I have ever had, and they aren't overpriced like Hayabusa and others.

Hayabusas are cheaper than Rivals, and I think they're worth the money. They are, however, not pillow-like at all.

Hayabusas are cheaper than Rivals, and I think they're worth the money. They are, however, not pillow-like at all.

I wasn't comparing the padding between the two, but rather what you get for the price. I think Hayabusa gloves are extremely overpriced for what they are.

I believe the Rival line is one of the best gloves out, in terms of support, protection, and bang for your buck.

I wasn't comparing the padding between the two, but rather what you get for the price. I think Hayabusa gloves are extremely overpriced for what they are.

I believe the Rival line is one of the best gloves out, in terms of support, protection, and bang for your buck.

I know what you meant. The padding comment was for the TS. I don't think Hayabusa is overpriced at all. Some people think it's Rival that is overpriced. Just individual opinions anyway.

I bought a pair of 16 oz. Top Contenders on sale for $14.95 (orig. $40) and their the softest I've come across. Quality wise, they'll probably fall apart in less than a year but I don't use them as extensively as my Windy gloves.

I bought a pair of 16 oz. Top Contenders on sale for $14.95 (orig. $40) and their the softest I've come across. Quality wise, they'll probably fall apart in less than a year but I don't use them as extensively as my Windy gloves.

Most vinyl gloves are super soft...and will fall apart in a years time like you said..

I think Vinyl gloves are excellent for light sparring and some pad work.

The blue Ringside Internationals are exactly like big pillows. Infact too much like big pillows, sometimes its hard to slip some punches in cause theyre so bulky. There is alot of padding. The most pillow like sparring glove ive come across.

My twins as very soft too.

I have used the Hayabusa's and own the Rival gloves. I use Hayabusa gloves for mma, but I don't particularly like their sparring gloves. The Rivals are prefect in support and comfort in my opinion, better than any Fairtex, Windy, Everlast, or CSI that I've tried.

To each their own though. Nothing is overpriced if people continue to buy it.

Just to further clarify, I haven't used Rivals so I can't say if they're overpriced or not, and wasn't trying to imply that in my previous post. I've read some posts here from users who've said so, but also many posts praising the gloves, so it's really a matter of opinion.

On the Hayabusa sparring gloves, I really like them but as I've said in my review I think they make better bag/pad gloves than sparring gloves. In terms of quality of construction and materials though, I think they're worth the price tag.

BUMP

I currently have a pair of 16 oz. Cleto Reyes that I'm using for bag/pad work and the occasional light sparring session. I'm in the market for something softer for hard sparring. Any ideas?

I know what you meant. The padding comment was for the TS. I don't think Hayabusa is overpriced at all. Some people think it's Rival that is overpriced. Just individual opinions anyway.

They're both over priced!!!

Do all Thai brands have harder padding? How about Twins, King and Fairtex?

No, they do not. The variation of softest to firmest would go Twins, Boon, King, Fairtex. The Twins Special BGVL or FBGV would be the friendliest to your sparring partners and still provide excellent hand protection. The only difference between the two model numbers is one is plain and the other is with fancy graphics. Otherwise they are identical. Here they are:

BGVL-3%20PUR%20BK.jpg

There is a considerable difference in "softness" between say, a Twins BGVL and a Fairtex BGV1. Just put one on in a side by side test and give yourself a body shot to the ribs. You will notice a distinct difference.

I hope that this helps.

:icon_chee

Back