Place to get cheap weight plates

I finally got some deals on FB Marketplace. I was looking for some 45s to keep in my backyard for sled and farmer's walk. I picked up four 45s and two 25s yesterday for $190. I was happy to find them for less than $1 per pound.

Tonight someone posted a bunch of crap and said they needed it gone since they were moving. I saw a loaded weight tree among the garbage and offered $80. That $80 got me 255lbs of olympic weights and 135lbs of standard weights. I don't know what I will do with the standard plates, maybe sell them to get my $80 back.

I didn't need to buy the shit I got tonight, I just thought it was too good a deal to pass up. Now I need to work on being able to lift the 1000+ lbs of olympic plates that I have.

Have a machine shop bore out the center hole to use on your sled. If there’s a shop that balances crankshafts in your area they could add tungsten inserts but that would be pricey.

Rogue raised their echo bike by $50 so I went with the Titan bike. For my use I'm sure it's plenty sturdy and capable. And if not I got it through Amazon so I can just drag the damn thing into Kohls and get my money back.

Man I'd love a set of 70s and 100s rubberized dumbbells. Just did some DB power cleans with the adjustables and the skin on my shoulders is rubbed raw from the handles and plates.

Titan is having a "build your gym" sale. Looks like there is some decent crap included.

I should return my bike through Amazon and buy it off Titan. Would get $100 back essentially.
Not a bad idea. Amazon usually gives you plenty of time to get the return done so you could probably hold on to the one you have until the new one gets there.

Was all set to buy a rower and the car needs a $1k repair
<{hfved}>

Titan's "Sales" have been marking their products up 10% and waiting 2 weeks then putting it on sale for the exact price it was. Took a bit to notice what they were doing.

Pro tip: Go to Ebay and search Titan Fitness . It will pull up 500 items they have for sale not listed on website. Still in new package, still ships free, and a bunch of the stuff is cheaper than the website. Plate loaded delt machines, seated rows, preacher seats, axle barbells, landmine handles, loads of slam balls.... some good deals to jump on.

Titan is having a "build your gym" sale. Looks like there is some decent crap included.
They got me. Olympic power bar was on sale for $120. I had 2000 LoyalT points for $100 off.
Have another barbell coming that I really didn't need for $25.

Edit twice: Nevermind, the scratch and dent regular barbell for $89 sold in an hour.

Last edited:
Looks like the Labor Day sales have started. Titan has a ton of shit on sale including their monolift attachments. The monolifts I got from Rogue ended up being one of my best purchases. EliteFTS has bands on sale and a "flash" deal for free shipping on their Yoke Bar

Dadgum free shipping suckered me into getting the EliteFTS American cambered grip bar. Think I saved $40.

Hurricane Ida just pushed our shit in. Not had power since Sunday. Trying to be a good adult and not buy some of that sale stuff. Knowing everything in both fridges and deep freezer was thrown out.

A few of those specialty machines were tempting. The 'sale' on bumper plates was still more than $2 a lb.

Play it again has some hex dumbbells used on sale for less than a dollar a pound. Damn tempting but I've got the adjustable dumbbells already.

Hurricane Ida just pushed our shit in. Not had power since Sunday. Trying to be a good adult and not buy some of that sale stuff. Knowing everything in both fridges and deep freezer was thrown out.

A few of those specialty machines were tempting. The 'sale' on bumper plates was still more than $2 a lb.
I've been wanting to stock up on generators for just this sort of thing. Solar panels too. Though but i wonder how they fair in something like this.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to stock up on generators for just this sort of thing. Solar panels too. Though but i wonder how they fair in something like this.
Generators and gasoline are gold right now. There's a 1-5 hour wait about 60 cars deep at the few stations that have it left in tanks. Solar panels would be gone. The storm hit at 130mph and reached us at 60-75 mph. Trees, poles and buildings are destroyed. Gym still more important, have been working til 6pm then going workout in the dark lol. Jumping in pool, then finding somewhere to sleep.

Generators and gasoline are gold right now. There's a 1-5 hour wait about 60 cars deep at the few stations that have it left in tanks. Solar panels would be gone. The storm hit at 130mph and reached us at 60-75 mph. Trees, poles and buildings are destroyed. Gym still more important, have been working til 6pm then going workout in the dark lol. Jumping in pool, then finding somewhere to sleep.
I want a couple for my house and the solar as my primary. Some day the grid will go down. Might be a few days. Might be weeks. Who knows.

Titan Scratch n Dent section has a 245# set of iron plates for $380. Free shipping. It's going to sell before lunch today.

Edit: gone in an hour. That was a deal.

Last edited:
Back