Place to get cheap weight plates

Academy and Dicks had a surprising amount of stock today. Entire dumbbell rack all the way to 75s in stock. All plates sizes at Dicks.
Found some bigger DBs at an unnamed fitness store and he said he'd sell em for $2 a lb. Guessing will bite the bullet and go back tomorrow. Nothing doing online. Shipping is same price as weights.

Academy and Dicks had a surprising amount of stock today. Entire dumbbell rack all the way to 75s in stock. All plates sizes at Dicks.
Found some bigger DBs at an unnamed fitness store and he said he'd sell em for $2 a lb. Guessing will bite the bullet and go back tomorrow. Nothing doing online. Shipping is same price as weights.
Have you checked Rogue?

Shipping is brutal for weight up to 5000 dollars.
I had 2 hundos In the cart woulda been 400 with shipping so said fuck it for now. Price is of steel is only supposed to get worse though

I had 2 hundos In the cart woulda been 400 with shipping so said fuck it for now. Price is of steel is only supposed to get worse though
I was going to order 20 pairs and sell them at 2/pound. Tried an ad at 250 each to gauge reaction and people balked. Though 2 with shipping was 400 to 450 depending on style. Plus a 14 to 60 day wait.

I was going to order 20 pairs and sell them at 2/pound. Tried an ad at 250 each to gauge reaction and people balked. Though 2 with shipping was 400 to 450 depending on style. Plus a 14 to 60 day wait.
Yeah people aren't going for the price gouging anymore especially on a niche item like 100lbs plates

Best to wait for the store front to open back up and just load up a trailer if you're gonna make that large of a purchase

Yeah people aren't going for the price gouging anymore especially on a niche item like 100lbs plates
I mean that's pretty close to cost for small orders, but people don't know you have to pay shipping I guess. They'll figure it out.

Have you checked Rogue?
I did. They had the lowest price on bells I think $260 for a pair of 90s, then $192 to ship them, $40 tax. Ended up around $490 after a 7 day shipping delay. They hook you with that posted price, removed from cart.

Titan ships for free. Also why they've been out of stock for 8 months.

I did. They had the lowest price on bells I think $260 for a pair of 90s, then $192 to ship them, $40 tax. Ended up around $490 after a 7 day shipping delay. They hook you with that posted price, removed from cart.

Titan ships for free. Also why they've been out of stock for 8 months.
I can get you a pair of 95s from a local store here, rubber coated and assuming they still have them of course for I think they said 340ish. I'd bet shipping is every bit of 300 bucks. Just for giggles do a shipping calc from you to zip code 41094

lmao. That came up as Beaverlick . Could be top 5 greatest city name in US.
I'm 4 states south of you. Would end up $200+ to ship

Should be a good a couple months.
6b2cc92b-dcec-4579-b2c4-355f84297aea
9Qulbo8.jpg

Last edited:
lmao. That came up as Beaverlick . Could be top 5 greatest city name in US.
I'm 4 states south of you. Would end up $200+ to ship

Should be a good a couple months.
6b2cc92b-dcec-4579-b2c4-355f84297aea
9Qulbo8.jpg
Just a couple miles away
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugartit,_Kentucky

Also big bone state park is nearby.

I'm frankly surprised the shipping isn't higher. I mailed a guy a cap squat stand in tennessee a few months back and shipping was 80ish bucks. 75 pound box

Last edited:
Just a couple miles away
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugartit,_Kentucky

Also big bone state park is nearby.

I'm frankly surprised the shipping isn't higher. I mailed a guy a cap squat stand in tennessee a few months back and shipping was 80ish bucks. 75 pound box
I didn't make it to calculation part, It was asking for street addresses. Just guessing by the shipping all the online carts were telling me for in the states it was $180 - $588 was the highest.
The owner of Fitness Expo said the same thing, shipping and tariff is driving their prices up. Didn't get caught up in the convo, just wanted to put them in jeep before I changed mind about the price.

Shipping went up, just checked. 435 for deep dish and 458 for normal

I didn't make it to calculation part, It was asking for street addresses. Just guessing by the shipping all the online carts were telling me for in the states it was $180 - $588 was the highest.
The owner of Fitness Expo said the same thing, shipping and tariff is driving their prices up. Didn't get caught up in the convo, just wanted to put them in jeep before I changed mind about the price.
I got really lucky on 70 through 85. That store had a discontinued model of york. Picked them all up for 1.65 a pound. Everything else I've been buying I get at auctions where people bought one thinking it was 2 and then returned it. Been picking up 80 and above for about 50 cents a pound in rubber. My 100s and 110s don't match but who gives a shit

I got really lucky on 70 through 85. That store had a discontinued model of york. Picked them all up for 1.65 a pound. Everything else I've been buying I get at auctions where people bought one thinking it was 2 and then returned it. Been picking up 80 and above for about 50 cents a pound in rubber. My 100s and 110s don't match but who gives a shit
On Ebay, there are old school Olympic globes. Look like it was from the 30s, giant rusted dumbells. Looks cool as hell but too big for DB functions.

On Ebay, there are old school Olympic globes. Look like it was from the 30s, giant rusted dumbells. Looks cool as hell but too big for DB functions.
Picked up a rubber coated 90 for 65. Now I need another to appear

if you need heavy olympic weight plates, make em out of quickcrete5000, its like 4 bucks for a 50lb bag. If weights stay outdoor in or in the garage it's fine. Should hold you over until price of plates drops down to reasonable prices again. Shits nutts now. It's a rip off to purchase weights at these prices.

if you need heavy olympic weight plates, make em out of quickcrete5000, its like 4 bucks for a 50lb bag. If weights stay outdoor in or in the garage it's fine. Should hold you over until price of plates drops down to reasonable prices again. Shits nutts now. It's a rip off to purchase weights at these prices.
Metal costs are going up. They're not coming down for a while.

Back