Place to get cheap weight plates

Those 4x6 mats are a gigantic fucking PITA to move. I bought 6 of them from a gym warehouse when I was setting up my basement squat rack and had to rent a flatbed pick-up. No way I could have fit 6 in my hatchback. Not sure how you do six in a Mustang - maybe strapped to the roof of the car like a Xmas tree but even that would be dangerous as hell.

And each mat is a 2-man carry. If you move them by yourself like I had to they'll turn you into the world's angriest man. Each mat weighs ~150 lbs and jiggly so you can't get a firm grip anywhere. Imagine trying to drag Charles Oliveira through your yard/house and he doesn't want to go. You can't grab his arms/legs/head and can't lock your arms anywhere around his body. Also he has the texture of a pencil eraser and skids/sticks to everything on the ground, picking up leaves, mud and dust and tracking that into your house, while knocking shit over along the way and calling you a Creonte.

DhLoztv.gif

I put an ad up to sell a Rogue Boneyard Ohio Bar for $200. Not a single call on it for a week. Today I get a text and a guy offers me $150 and I tell him that the lowest I would do is $180. He says that he will get back to me, but he likes Luxianjun bars better than Rogue.

About an hour later he messages me with an incredible offer of $150 and says that I have a "good bar". He also said that we could trade because he has extra steel plates. I didn't bother replying to him. It's almost worth $200 to just not deal with people.

I put an ad up to sell a Rogue Boneyard Ohio Bar for $200. Not a single call on it for a week. Today I get a text and a guy offers me $150 and I tell him that the lowest I would do is $180. He says that he will get back to me, but he likes Luxianjun bars better than Rogue.

About an hour later he messages me with an incredible offer of $150 and says that I have a "good bar". He also said that we could trade because he has extra steel plates. I didn't bother replying to him. It's almost worth $200 to just not deal with people.
Local selling puts you in a mood as soon as it's posted. Almost have to start the ad with Firm: Price is non negotiable .

Local selling puts you in a mood as soon as it's posted. Almost have to start the ad with Firm: Price is non negotiable .

You can make things as clear as you like, idiots are still going to try and get a discount on it because it's for their dying grandmother/child with cancer/whatever.

You can make things as clear as you like, idiots are still going to try and get a discount on it because it's for their dying grandmother/child with cancer/whatever.
Only once has it happened the other way. I posted a barely used Concept 2 rower up for $400. Guy immediately responded he would give me $450 to hold it.

I never sold anything, but got the reverse recently. Was scrolling on craigslist and saw a guy not far form my house selling some chain weight for like $15. I didn't really need it, but said "Fuck it, why not". I messaged him and he said "Oh, thanks for the message. You know, it just so happens that someone else wants it too, can you do $20?". I was like "Lol fuck that", but in nicer words. Then he wanted to go back to $15 because "It just so happened that the other guy wasn't interested in the end". I stopped responding. Dude wanted to haggle me for $5 for some shit I didn't even want lol, when he could've had $15 instantly, it was weird.

my messages are always a f****** disaster zone. Every church group, single mom, School buying equipment for the football team, etc has hit me up a million times for stuff. I am always priced below retail so I'm not sure where people think they're going with this stuff but I do make bulk discounts. That usually sells stuff faster.

Assault bike in my van right now. This is one is for me. Deadlift jack comes this week too. Almost done with this project.

What are the opinions here on monolift attachments? I got my Rogue squat stand the other day and I really like it. Their monolift fits it and it looks pretty handy as being able to go directly into a bench or squat would be convenient. Is it worth the investment?

What are the opinions here on monolift attachments? I got my Rogue squat stand the other day and I really like it. Their monolift fits it and it looks pretty handy as being able to go directly into a bench or squat would be convenient. Is it worth the investment?
Can't offer an opinion but garagegymreviews has this

Can't offer an opinion but garagegymreviews has this

I checked out that video the other day, that dude does good reviews. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Rogue version earlier today. Look forward to trying it out to see if helps with some shoulder pain I've been having.

I checked out that video the other day, that dude does good reviews. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Rogue version earlier today. Look forward to trying it out to see if helps with some shoulder pain I've been having.
Squat bars have been out of stock with no future ship date. Unless you want to pay Rogues $150 mark up on same bar. Plus left testicle shipping.

Solid collection. That's when you burn 5 hours one day organizing and moving around looking for floor space.
I'll be selling the bars on the left side, some weight, and the loose Dumbbells you saw. Leg press still to come.

I kept one for a local CrossFit gym at 30 bucks a month. That's where I go to flip tires and s*** like that. But yes everything else is canceled

I don't see myself ever going back to commercial gym. At least not until my son is driving or maybe in college and then it'd be more just so I don't become a hermit.

I don't see myself ever going back to commercial gym. At least not until my son is driving or maybe in college and then it'd be more just so I don't become a hermit.
I'm a hermit with 2 kids. Granted they're 3 and 1. Not really old enough for fun stuff yet.

Them home gyms is addicting. You never really finish them. Might say you're done, have enough, everything you need. Then something new starts flirting with you.

Them home gyms is addicting. You never really finish them. Might say you're done, have enough, everything you need. Then something new starts flirting with you.
Yep I want a GHD and reverse hyper but I keep reminding myself I'm 33 and have no athletic future.

Back