Plant Brotein > Animal Brotein

deviake

Otsego Amigo
@Silver
Reaction score
Bro

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...-than-animal-protein?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Unfortunately, study after study shows that meat as a protein source just isn't that healthy. It's far better to get that necessary protein from plants. Generally speaking, diets heavy on plant matter tend to be healthier. One study found that those eating the most fruit-and-veg-dense diets had a 31 percent lower risk of dying from cardiovascular disease and a roughly 20 percent lower risk of overall mortality than those eating animal-focused diets.

Generally, research shows that less animal meat—most especially red meat—is better than more, in terms of long term health. You don’t have to love tofu, either (it’s not the best plant-based protein anyway), as long as you strive to eat more of your protein from the ground and less from animals.

Animal meat is known for its many nutrients. If you eat a variety of animal meats (light and dark, not just beef, as well as various organs), you can take in all the amino acids you need to manufacture your own bodily proteins plus vitamins like B12, niacin, thiamine, B5, B6, B7, and vitamins A and K.

But here's the thing: If you swap all that animal protein for an equally diverse diet of plant-based proteins like nuts, seeds, and beans, you are no worse off. That's because these foods are also packed full of a similar spectrum of nutrients. The biggest difference is vitamin B12, which most plants cannot produce on their own. You can get B12 from edible seaweed and in fortified cereals, though the easiest way is through supplementation or by eating animal products.

Given their equal vitamin profile, Andrea Giancoli, a registered dietitian in California says plant-based proteins are far healthier than their meat counterparts. That’s because, pound-for-pound, they pack more nutrients into fewer calories. They also have one thing that animal proteins completely lack: fiber. (Except for things like tofu, which is processed, Giancoli notes.) Let’s not forget the fiber. Fiber aids in digestion, promotes a healthy gut microbiome, and is strongly associated with lower cardiovascular disease risk.

If we’re taking an exclusively long-range, zoomed-out, big picture view it’s fairly undeniable that getting your protein from plants would be healthier overall.

It's not what you eat the defiles you it's what comes out of your mouth that defiles a man.

As always, eat a balanced diet.. doesn't have to be either or. Best of both worlds.

And of course, don't be lazy, exercise and eat in moderation.

If we’re taking an exclusively long-range, zoomed-out, big picture view it’s fairly undeniable that getting your protein from plants would be healthier overall.
Well there is also environmental argument - for going plant based - Those feedlots (farm land) are brutal on the environment.

The future will all be plant based protein sources.

Just like how all nutritional things change throughout the years. Who’s drinking all that dairy anymore like they did when your parents were kids?

No thanks, I'll eat my steak and potatoes well having a glass of milk.

Well there is also environmental argument - for going plant based - Those feedlots (farm land) are brutal on the environment.

Yeah they’re not sustainable and have zero net benefit for the planet and people.

First off they produce red meat which isn’t super healthy to eat, the cows produce tons of pollution, are sick from their feed and filled with drugs to be kept alive, and you need to cut down all green plant life and destroy fields to house all these cows. Producing no health to the environment.

we’re taking factory farming here not small farms that lets cows live Normal grazing healthy lives.

Here we go. Celebrities aside most vegetarians and vegans I met, look like a bag of chewed up bubble gum regardless of their exercise regiment. Eating more vegetables and less processed shit wouldn't hurt any of us tho, but I'm not giving up meat voluntarily.

No thanks, I'll eat my steak and potatoes well having a glass of milk.

Here we go. Celebrities aside most vegetarians and vegans I met, look like a bag of chewed up bubble gum regardless of their exercise regiment. Eating more vegetables and less processed shit wouldn't hurt any of us tho, but I'm not giving up meat voluntarily.
Many meat eaters are obese and die early.

In any event, no one is telling you how to live your life

bro

Its because the animal protein is fucked with hormones and 'roids. We arent supposed to look like sherdoggers. Difficult and expensive to get nice clean expertly cooked plant or aminal broteins for tonnes of people either sway.

bro
I really don't think meats the problem here. Other than the simple cause and effect of people eating too much in general causing obesity (calories in, calories out) the much bigger problem is the amount of sugar people consume in the US.

I really don't think meats the problem here. Other than the simple cause and effect of people eating too much in general causing obesity (calories in, calories out) the much bigger problem is the amount of sugar people consume in the US.
Dietarily speaking not the sole problem for sure. I'd specify processed sugar is a huge problem. It's an addiction for many and it's in a lot of stuff, along with other things like sodium and saturated fat. Not sure where it rates compared to the other two examples but it's gotta be near the top.

bro
Vegans get eaten first in starvations scenarios. It's dem facts bruh.

I will read your thread only if you draw a happy face on my soy, non-fat, rainforest friendly latte tomorrow

Back