Rumored Plant vs Dirrell PBC

PBC messing around to make Eddie look bad?

Who knows, but it sucks as Canelo won’t be undisputed and I can’t see the replacement being anyone good.

Plant did not turned down 10 mil either
This is bad thing. He will never get decision on cards vs Canelo. Chances that he will KO Canelo are very low. Even if he will KO Canelo, for sure then will be rematch I think.

10m only initially looks like very lucrative career high payday to sell career, reputation and future chances in pro boxing field.
US fanbase loves undefeated boxers, especially if from US or Mexico.
You don't have holy 0 and don't have belt? You are not so interesting anymore.
Bunches with undefeated prospects are around, with this no problems.

10m might look initially high payday.
After expenses, managers and promoters cut, then a taxman:D:( 10 mil rarerly are even 5 mil.

If Canelo will beat him or get win on cards bunch with ppl will post: Canelo had exposed bum. Canelo does have VERY specific fanbase commenting on YT, in forums.

Okey, maybe he will retire after fight where Canelo will not get KOed by him?
Or fight for at best 300 k net purses etc after this?

Maybe better for him really might be to reject offer to fight vs Canelo. Chances that he will KO Canelo and do the same in next and maybe third fight are very miserable.

Even if it wasn't 10 million...if it was anywhere remotely close to it.... How in the fk do you turn that down if you are Plant.

i mean if the above tweet is right and he agreed to the deal weeks ago, only to have it fall apart because PBC and canelo couldn't work it out... then no he didn't.
It fell apart because of Plants bitching that he doesnt get the same stipulations as Canelo regarding a late replacement.

Even if it wasn't 10 million...if it was anywhere remotely close to it.... How in the fk do you turn that down if you are Plant.
If I was Plant, I definitely had refused to fight not only vs Canelo, with anyone anymore.

If you have some money ( he isn't so poor as ppl here might think ) and might create money by using this money and also earn with some paid work additionally, then why to continue?

Legacy etc talks are things lucrative for boxing fans, promoters and boxers managers, boxers teams not so much for the boxer for long term life.

If about fight offer for 10 m before expenses and tax etc if I was Plant, I had rejected such offer.
Plant should KO Canelo to win and still there will be excuses even then, most likely rematch and so on.
He should know who is big business brand, he is big mature boy not youngster.

It fell apart because of Plants bitching that he doesnt get the same stipulations as Canelo regarding a late replacement.

yeah... but one day later that same guy tweeted that plant had closed the deal weeks ago and it fell apart because of PBC anc canelo.

right here.

So Haymon fucked Plant trying to make Canelo take multiple fights? Lmao. What a shit show.
it would definitely make more sense than plant bitching his way out of a 10M dollar deal.

The fight was already off when he was interviewed

Haymon and Canelo did not agreed , on the matter that canelo accepted the 40 million weather plant or a replacement fought him… PBC was not willing to add that on the contract… it has nothing to do with plant … it was about the warranty money Canelo wanted

The fight was already off when he was interviewed

Haymon and Canelo did not agreed , on the matter that canelo accepted the 40 million weather plant or a replacement fought him… PBC was not willing to add that on the contract… it has nothing to do with plant … it was about the warranty money Canelo wanted
Source?

If I was Plant, I definitely had refused to fight not only vs Canelo, with anyone anymore.

If you have some money ( he isn't so poor as ppl here might think ) and might create money by using this money and also earn with some paid work additionally, then why to continue?

Legacy etc talks are things lucrative for boxing fans, promoters and boxers managers, boxers teams not so much for the boxer for long term life.

If about fight offer for 10 m before expenses and tax etc if I was Plant, I had rejected such offer.
Plant should KO Canelo to win and still there will be excuses even then, most likely rematch and so on.
He should know who is big business brand, he is big mature boy not youngster.
On no planet should a fighter at Plant's level turn down that type of pay day if the deal was legit.
He could lose to somebody like Benavidez and never see a Canelo type lottery payday again.

Looks like it wasn't a legitimate off or realistic anyways.

Back