Rumored Plant vs Dirrell PBC

B3F5B067-2262-40D1-937A-BAFE0A0224AC.jpeg

Plant himself… plus it has been confirmed that ‘s what break up the talks… Haymon was not going to pay 40 mil to canelo for a replacement…

plant’s side of the deal was done…

Canelo and PBC couldn’t agree on the deal… is not Plant’s fault

View attachment 871416

Plant himself… plus it has been confirmed that ‘s what break up the talks… Haymon was not going to pay 40 mil to canelo for a replacement…

plant’s side of the deal was done…

Canelo and PBC couldn’t agree on the deal… is not Plant’s fault

None of what you just posted says any mention of what you posted here but ok

Haymon and Canelo did not agreed , on the matter that canelo accepted the 40 million weather plant or a replacement fought him… PBC was not willing to add that on the contract… it has nothing to do with plant … it was about the warranty money Canelo wanted

Feels a lot like Pbc making life difficult for Hearn

On no planet should a fighter at Plant's level turn down that type of pay day if the deal was legit.
He could lose to somebody like Benavidez and never see a Canelo type lottery payday again.

Well, I don't talk here about levels.
To be athlete is not only 1 way to earn for a living. Job as athlete is young mans game while we usually are thinking about them like they are some accountants ( they does have education, references and experience, might work even when they are old, even 70 y.o and older ).

A lot of athletes does have plan B , C and D, be this basketball or boxing or swimming.
All this is young man's game.
Fans usually think that fighters retires only when they are beaten up in their last fights and they are able to earn only as fighters in the ring.
I don't believe in this stuff cos I know guys who had retired when they were on winning streak and might had get more for their next fight.
One lad might had get fight for British title, he opted to be a businessman and hanged gloves up. Another lad was in peaking stage of his career, decided not to continue fight after he had successful continental level pro title defense fight vs undefeated prospect. While if to talk about money for his next possible fight this might been his highest paycheck for a pro fight.
He just told that he maybe is a bit too old to continue. In reality he had some small business and relatively decent part time job for another business. Yeah, he had slowed down a bit while still was on winning streak. If he had won some 1-2 next fights he had been installed as mando to fight for world title.

Well, I don't talk here about levels.
To be athlete is not only 1 way to earn for a living. Job as athlete is young mans game while we usually are thinking about them like they are some accountants ( they does have education, references and experience, might work even when they are old, even 70 y.o and older ).

A lot of athletes does have plan B , C and D, be this basketball or boxing or swimming.
All this is young man's game.
Fans usually think that fighters retires only when they are beaten up in their last fights and they are able to earn only as fighters in the ring.
I don't believe in this stuff cos I know guys who had retired when they were on winning streak and might had get more for their next fight.
One lad might had get fight for British title, he opted to be a businessman and hanged gloves up. Another lad was in peaking stage of his career, decided not to continue fight after he had successful continental level pro title defense fight vs undefeated prospect. While if to talk about money for his next possible fight this might been his highest paycheck for a pro fight.
He just told that he maybe is a bit too old to continue. In reality he had some small business and relatively decent part time job for another business. Yeah, he had slowed down a bit while still was on winning streak. If he had won some 1-2 next fights he had been installed as mando to fight for world title.
10 million is enough to be set for life and retire and never work again. As long as you are not financially negligent. Even after taxes.

10 million is enough to be set for life and retire and never work again. As long as you are not financially negligent. Even after taxes.
Well, I think there will not be only a taxman. Purse minus manager's %, maybe he also does have promoter, then %, then gym, corner, camp, only after this a taxman.

Some ppl manages to build up decent life with start capital even 500k or just a bit more.
Some had failed even with huge start capital. Boxers too, some had high level purses and then had been forced to do come back fights due to financial problems.

I know that common thing is to think: boxer A likes me, he is big draw, therefore for fighter B only opportunity to be set for life is to fight vs boxer B.

Btw not always boxers picks better paid fights offers with the same guy. This is like boxer might prefer fight in hometown for lesser purse rather than in opponent's backyard for higher purse.

Didn't it say, that Canelo and PBC, not Plant, couldn't come to an agreement?
Ya. Im a few updates behind apparently.

Sucks we dont get a unification, and I actually like that fight quite a bit. Big fan of Plant.

How do these guys think they wouldnt have to pay Canelo regardless though?

Ya. Im a few updates behind apparently.

Sucks we dont get a unification, and I actually like that fight quite a bit. Big fan of Plant.

How do these guys think they wouldnt have to pay Canelo regardless though?
Is that normal for a champion to get paid the same for a late no name replacement???
I honestly don't remember the financials for when that happens. It happens all the time though.
What's the precedent?

Last edited:
Back