Please explain how odds work

TITS

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm still having trouble figuring out how the odds work in betting terms. If I place a $6 bet on Darren Till at +150 odds, do I make $156 if he wins? Or will my profit be $144?

Also, if I bet the same amount on Kamaru Usman to win at -400, does that mean I lose $394 even if Usman wins?

Please tell me you're taking the piss with this thread.

lmao this place is like the wild west since EZ left

It’s obviously a guy who is new to sports betting. No big deal.

A fighter at plus odds pays back more than your initial bet, and a guy at minus odds is obviously the opposite.

If a fighter is at +150, you would win $150 if you bet $100, this giving you a total return of $250.

If you bet on a guy at -150, you would have to bet $150 to get $100 back for again a total return of $250.

Obviously you can scale the ratio to what you intend on betting, and all books let you preview your potential winnings before officially placing your bets.

It’s obviously a guy who is new to sports betting. No big deal.

A fighter at plus odds pays back more than your initial bet, and a guy at minus odds is obviously the opposite.

If a fighter is at +150, you would win $150 if you bet $100, this giving you a total return of $250.

If you bet on a guy at -150, you would have to bet $150 to get $100 back for again a total return of $250.

Obviously you can scale the ratio to what you intend on betting, and all books let you preview your potential winnings before officially placing your bets.
I've been on the internet my whole life, old man. This is a troll.

I've been on the internet my whole life, old man. This is a troll.

You damn kids, think you've got it all figured out LOL.

upload_2018-5-14_18-45-4.jpeg

Great job by TS to point one of may flaws at the stupid american odds system. Use decimals like normal people

This thread sucks and decimal odds suck even worse.

Back