Locked (PLEASE READ) Pictures & Multimedia Guidelines plus FAQ for the New Forum Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Pictures & Multimedia Guidelines plus FAQ for the New Forum Upgrade

How can I post images, GIFs, and Tapology picks now? Here's 2 ways:
1.) Click 'Insert image' button (the landscape icon beside the smiley button) and upload them from your device
2.) Or Click 'Insert image' then click 'By URL'. (see pics below)
ta1Pj4x.png

Right click and then copy the image's URL, then paste it here (this is also how you post Tapology picks and "IN!" GIFS). Make sure it's .jpg, .gif, .png – not .mp4 or otherwise.
ugn6KjN.png

You'll get this:

wwkEYfe.gif

- You can also resize pics and gifs now. Just click the image/GIF while you're editing and move the borders.

wwkEYfe.gif

wwkEYfe.gif

wwkEYfe.gif

How can I post YouTube, X (Twitter), Reddit, and IG links?
- Just click share, copy link (or right click + copy video address), or copy the URL address above, then paste the links directly and hit 'Post reply'. Or you can use the Media button (beside the smiley button) by pasting the links there. The former is the easier way.

Where are the emojis now?
- Click the smiley icon and below you can see our good 'ol emojis. We'll probably add more soon.
sHKmu3y.png

Will other functions like the Advanced Search etc. be back?
- The upgrade is still ongoing and what we have now is NOT the final version. These features have been addressed and are being sorted out in addition to other bugs and glitches especially on mobile. Please have some patience.

Why is my belt not showing?
- Like the statement above (^), the upgrade is still underway. New belts are on the way and the number of required posts to get those belts is changing. You'll probably rank up when all is said and done so keep an eye on your profile!

Why is my GIF Avatar not moving?

- You need to re-upload your GIF AV for it to work.

My AV looks off and not centered, how can I fix this?
- The old forum used to compress stuff that wasn't square, but now we have the option to center AVs that aren't square.

To do it, go to your profile and hover over your AV and select 'edit' then hover over your AV again and you will have a cursor with four arrows, you can drag your AV to center it, move it to where you want and then click 'okay'

See gif below:
GIF109426531894.gif

Why are pic avatars blurry?
- If you notice that AVs look blurry at the moment, it is due to Xenforo still rendering the avatars at the previous 96x96 and they've just made the container bigger now. But it will be fixed and will look good/crisp when it's done.

Icons are grayed/disabled on mobile/desktop
- For those having issues with the icons grayed out/disabled on mobile, this happens when the bb code ( [ ] ) icon is clicked. Make sure it's un-clicked to enable the icons.

- For mobile it's under 'more options next' to preview. Click the 3 dots and the [ ] icon is below it (see pic)

Yy7gL5U.png

- For desktop, it's beside the 'Insert table' icon. Click the button with 3 vertical dots to see it. (see pic)

GGenaXA.png

What does "Reaction Score" represent?
- Reaction score = Likes + Love + Haha. Wow, Sad and Angry are all neutral unscored reactions.

#HASHTAGS
- Hashtags (#) are now a thing and active in posts. Ex. #LetsGoPBPCrew, #ThisIsSucks, #VoteForDreyga2023.
If you click one, it will show all posts from every subforum that have the hashtag.

The most used and trending hashtags will appear on the bottom half (right side) of SD's forum list.

YzsOqja.png

Profile Banners
- You can now upload a custom banner to your profile. Just go to your profile and click 'Edit profile banner' on the right side. GIFS also works as banners.
LZeOc7y.png

Why are my followers and the people I'm following no longer on my profile?
-
They can be seen in the 'About' section of your profile.
MQnQXOg.png

GIFS in wall comments
- Yes, you can now post GIFs on your profile as well as your friends' profiles. (EDIT: YouTube videos can be posted as well)

9oSU7TF.gif

Shoopville's New Name
- As you can see, it is now renamed to "Surf's Up Shoop Shop" for our late shoop Moderator @bigwaverider, who passed away in June 2022. His YouTube channel is named "Surf's Up". This is the site's special tribute to the big man.

Why does it have "similar threads" at the bottom of some threads and not others?
- It depends on the thread titles. They only appear if the thread you're viewing contains words similar to the titles of the past threads.

Ex. You are viewing "Matches to Make after UFC 184"