Law Police shoot man for failing simon says again

Hadron90

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

From an August 8th incident. Just to get it out of the way, yes this was a bad hombre. He had just robbed a convivence store, was high as fuck, and driving a car he stole two days earlier. Yes, bad hombre here did have a gun on him and the cops were aware of that.

That said, still a bad shoot. Dude was not reaching to draw his gun. He was having trouble reacting to the unclear and contradictory orders the cops were giving him. One mistakenly told him to put his hands in his pockets, and instead of keep them out. One was telling him to put his hands on his head, the other hands on the hood. Then we he got shot, a cop had just told him to get on his knees, which is why he stepped back from the hood. This reminds me a lot of the guy shot crawling on all fours in that hotel hallway. Just a bunch of cops screaming contradicting instructions at someone impaired, and then they blast way at the arbitrary moment they feel like he has too many strikes against him.

Bad shoot. My initial thoughts are that cop should def lose his job. I'm not sure about criminal charges, though.

Not in the same league as Shavers.

"Put your hands on the hood!" is not a complicated order to follow, and this idiot disregarded that order several times, apparently after just having robbed a convenience store.

Fucking terrible. His instructions were very confusing. What a moron.

You hate to see it, but I'm not sure what this guy expected to happen. Get high as fuck, rob a store, ignore a cops' commands to keep your hands on the hood even after having a gun pointed at you, and then step away and go for your pockets. I can't really blame the cop here. Even if the cop is at fault, this guy is a complete fucking moron and should have seen this coming.

"Put your hands on the hood!" is not a complicated order to follow, and this idiot disregarded that order several times, apparently after just having robbed a convenience store.

The last order given before he was shot was get on your knees. The suspect said that's why he stepped back from the car. When he lowered his hands, he did so slowly and kept them several inches from his side. It was nothing resembling a draw at all.

From an August 8th incident. Just to get it out of the way, yes this was a bad hombre. He had just robbed a convivence store, was high as fuck, and driving a car he stole two days earlier. Yes, bad hombre here did have a gun on him and the cops were aware of that.

That said, still a bad shoot. Dude was not reaching to draw his gun. He was having trouble reacting to the unclear and contradictory orders the cops were giving him. One mistakenly told him to put his hands in his pockets, and instead of keep them out. One was telling him to put his hands on his head, the other hands on the hood. Then we he got shot, a cop had just told him to get on his knees, which is why he stepped back from the hood. This reminds me a lot of the guy shot crawling on all fours in that hotel hallway. Just a bunch of cops screaming contradicting instructions at someone impaired, and then they blast way at the arbitrary moment they feel like he has too many strikes against him.

The cop clearly meant to say keep your hands out your pocket. The guy was told twice already to keep his hands out of his pockets. He was told to keep his hands on the hood, and he repeatedly stepped away. The cops told him that they see his gun. Then he steps away and reaches in his pocket. There's no other way that this ends. I don't feel bad for the guy at all.

How would you suggest the police handle someone who just robbed a store, has a gun, is ignoring your commands to keep his hands in sight, and then steps back and reaches for his pocket where the gun is?

It's unfortunate, but this isn't a bad shooting IMO.

EDIT: It's hard to tell, but if the cops told him to get on his knees at the very end there, then this is a really bad shooting.

The last order given before he was shot was get on your knees. The suspect said that's why he stepped back from the car. When he lowered his hands, he did so slowly and kept them several inches from his side. It was nothing resembling a draw at all.

Is that what he said? I honestly can't tell. It does kind of sound like "get on your knees". If that is the case, then yeah, this is a bad shooting.

The cop clearly meant to say keep your hands out your pocket. The guy was told twice already to keep his hands out of his pockets. He was told to keep his hands on the hood, and he repeatedly stepped away. The cops told him that they see his gun. Then he steps away and reaches in his pocket. There's no other way that this ends. I don't feel bad for the guy at all.

How would you suggest the police handle someone who just robbed a store, has a gun, is ignoring your commands to keep his hands in sight, and then steps back and reaches for his pocket where the gun is?

It's unfortunate, but this isn't a bad shooting IMO.

the cops can't get simple instructions right, and repeatedly said different things for almost a minute straight. all of them should be fired and never eligible to be cops again.

the cops can't get simple instructions right, and repeatedly said different things for almost a minute straight. all of them should be fired and never eligible to be cops again.

The only contradicting instruction they gave (if they did, it's hsrd to hear) was to get on his knees. Keep you hands on the hood is a pretty easy instruction to follow. However, if they told him to get on his knees, that's complete incompetence.

Is that what he said? I honestly can't tell. It does kind of sound like "get on your knees". If that is the case, then yeah, this is a bad shooting.
I heard the last command as get on your knees and then the guy steps back to follow the order. They shoot the shit out of him and after he hits the ground he says he was just trying to get on his knees.

At best this officer needs to be retrained. The commands were contradictory from the start. I understand "keep your hands up" was intended as on the hood/anything but at your current waist position but that's not concise. On the other hand, the suspect defies repeated order to keep hands up/on the hood off the rip. The radio call alerts the suspect they know the gun is in his left pocket and he again puts his hand inches from the pocket. I think his mind was considering the draw but that's delving into fantasy land. Close but no cigar I think. Not outrageously egregious given totality but this cop is no ace.

The cop who does the shooting says "get on the..." and trails off. A cop from the right side of the car says "get on your knees".

Bad shoot. Horrible at relaying Instructions.

At first watching it, I was thinking "this perp is intentionally being a douche when he knows hands on hood means as far away from pockets as possible. You are supposed to lean over the hood stretching hands out and away.

But the cops dumbfuck Instructions and contradictory Instructions caused this

Geeze. At one point the guy even goes “but he says…” when 1 cops is saying put your hands on the hood, another cop says put hands in the air, 1st cop stupidly goes “put your hands in your pockets” then follows up with “keep your hands on the hood I’m not telling you again.”

Then at the end cop says to get on his knees. Guys let’s go of hood to crouch down to his knees, and cops shoot him for it.

Last edited:
Iffy at best. One officer gives commands. One. That is the contact officer. Guy has a lot of problems following directions and cops have some trouble giving them. Give bad directions, get bad results. With that said, he put his hand right near that gun, so I can see why they shot him. I hate to keep harping on the instructions, but that part is critical. “Lay on the hood of the car with your arms outstretched” “keep your hands on the hood” then you approach and take the gun out of play.

I heard the last command as get on your knees and then the guy steps back to follow the order. They shoot the shit out of him and after he hits the ground he says he was just trying to get on his knees.

this.

attempted murder charges for both idiot cops.

Last edited:
Back