Political Betting Thread

Big mistake in my opinion but you have to do what you feel is best. I have him as a heavy favorite.

I think he can survive the fall out from the coronavirus outbreak, but its too unpredictable for a double max bet. Obviously, its a given that that the vast majority of media outlets and the dnc and their shills will fear monger and lie incessantly in hope of damaging him politically. Unlike the previous occasions, this situation at least is based on something that is really happening, rather than a fantasy, so may sway independents more than before.

I think he can survive the fall out from the coronavirus outbreak, but its too unpredictable for a double max bet. Obviously, its a given that that the vast majority of media outlets and the dnc and their shills will fear monger and lie incessantly in hope of damaging him politically. Unlike the previous occasions, this situation at least is based on something that is really happening, rather than a fantasy, so may sway independents more than before.

Think it helps him in the long run. As people are slowly start understanding what coronavirus is, they’ll start getting pissed at the media. I’ve never seen so many people afraid of a simple cold virus, it’s like over half of the world took moron pills.

The amount of propaganda spread regarding this virus is insane.

Think it helps him in the long run. As people are slowly start understanding what coronavirus is, they’ll start getting pissed at the media. I’ve never seen so many people afraid of a simple cold virus, it’s like over half of the world took moron pills.

The amount of propaganda spread regarding this virus is insane.

Its more than a cold virus as it targets respiratory cells for replicating. It is also the more harmful to older populations, who are more likely to be Trump voters. If they feel he let them down then they will not turn out for him. Personally, I dont think anyone would have done a better job than him, but he is in the wrong place at the wrong time and fake news will do everything in their power to turf him out.

I'm pretty much there in believing China unleashed this virus on the world to stop Trump's re-election.

They want this idiot in charge to get back to business as normal.

There no way a bowl of dodgy bat soup caused all this.

We cant allow business as usual once this shit has been sorted out. The west has to decouple from china until they have a democracy, we are idiots if we dont.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much there in believing China unleashed this virus on the world to stop Trump's re-election.

They want this idiot in charge to get back to business as normal.

There no way a bowl of dodgy bat soup caused all this.

We cant allow business as usual once this shit has been sorted out. The west has to decouple from china until they have a democracy, we are idiots if we dont.

Because...? This isn't the first virus that spread from bats to humans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...avirus-sars-bats-animals-to-humans-2020-1?amp

I maybe wrong but didn't all this virus stuff start right after the Chinese new year?
I would not be surprised if a whole lot more people threw caution to the wind and stocked up at an unsanitary animal market.

Ok, its happened before. These guys have been eating bats for 100s, if not 1000s of years, so I was not buying the batty bat soup story, but if this not the first pandemic then my paranoia has been assuaged somewhat.

But the point that China ia a hostile power and we handing over control to entire sectors of our economies to them is batshit crazy stands.

I maybe wrong but didn't all this virus stuff start right after the Chinese new year?
I would not be surprised if a whole lot more people threw caution to the wind and stocked up at an unsanitary animal market.

No, it started in december iirc.

As this is not the first pandemic from them eating bats, then we should looking to sue them for everything they have, the Chinese government should pay damages for negligence.

Last edited:
Its more than a cold virus as it targets respiratory cells for replicating. It is also the more harmful to older populations, who are more likely to be Trump voters. If they feel he let them down then they will not turn out for him. Personally, I dont think anyone would have done a better job than him, but he is in the wrong place at the wrong time and fake news will do everything in their power to turf him out.

Any virus is harmful to older populations. I know tons of people in the medical field and they think people are totally insane right now. Lol, one person was ragging on me pretty hard when I told him about our company’s corporate task force on the virus.

This virus likely causes less damage than the common flu.

All this is, is a manufactured problem caused by the media’s propaganda on how the virus is incredible deadly. Fear is the strongest persuader in the persuasion stack and they used it well here.

Ok, its happened before. These guys have been eating bats for 100s, if not 1000s of years, so I was not buying the batty bat soup story, but if this not the first pandemic then my paranoia has been assuaged somewhat.

But the point that China ia a hostile power and we handing over control to entire sectors of our economies to them is batshit crazy stands.

As this is not the first pandemic from them eating bats, then we should looking to sue them for everything they have, the Chinese government should pay damages for negligence.
Ah so around the actual new year.
Yeah I wasn't sure on the timeline.
Ha maybe we can sue them to erase the debit we racked up.

Just a feeling but I think Trump takes the election. If this virus doesn't get worse here he will probably claim his actions single handedly saved the entire western civilization.

Ah so around the actual new year.
Yeah I wasn't sure on the timeline.
Ha maybe we can sue them to erase the debit we racked up.

Just a feeling but I think Trump takes the election. If this virus doesn't get worse here he will probably claim his actions single handedly saved the entire western civilization.

Its a big if.

But it was a tee-up for him. Its proved him right about everything: borders, illegal immigration, problems with globalisation etc but he blew it imo. So he could well get left carrying the can. But lets see how it goes. It looks like he taking a firm grip on things now, and that should pay off, but its more than just the flu.

You guys going to need lock downs, massive mobilisation to protect vulnerable populations and so on. With proper treatment, the vast majority will recover, but 100,000s will need ventilators to get through the worst. There are some promising drugs that kill the virus that are already widely available too, so he can save the lives of a huge number of people if he gets it right.

Its a big if.

But it was a tee-up for him. Its proved him right about everything: borders, illegal immigration, problems with globalisation etc but he blew it imo. So he could well get left carrying the can. But lets see how it goes. It looks like he taking a firm grip on things now, and that should pay off, but its more than just the flu.

You guys going to need lock downs, massive mobilisation to protect vulnerable populations and so on. With proper treatment, the vast majority will recover, but 100,000s will need ventilators to get through the worst. There are some promising drugs that kill the virus that are already widely available too, so he can save the lives of a huge number of people if he gets it right.
I'd say there has been a unprecedented response so far at least from what I've seen. Not sure about treatment but preventing the spread seems to be a huge focus. Schools shut down in my state, restaurants closing their lobbies and only using drive thru windows. Local court house has stopped doing business in person and postponed legal cases.
Think my work will probably close for a while soon but I'm not sure.

Between his travel ban and the wide spread response I really would not be surprised if this plays in Trumps favor.

I think Trump insisting on calling this the China virus is a brilliant move. It reframes the pandemic as something China is culpable for, and they absolutely are in a couple major ways (the disgusting wet markets and the early suppression of info). It has also shifted the media's narrative off him screwing up early on to him being a guy who isn't acting PC enough for their sensibilities. Nobody cares. The dumbass media took the bait.

I think Trump insisting on calling this the China virus is a brilliant move. It reframes the pandemic as something China is culpable for, and they absolutely are in a couple major ways (the disgusting wet markets and the early suppression of info). It has also shifted the media's narrative off him screwing up early on to him being a guy who isn't acting PC enough for their sensibilities. Nobody cares. The dumbass media took the bait.
Yeah gotta be honest this seems perfect for him. Recommending 2 weeks self isolation, closed borders, delaying tax season by a month and a half, postponing all evictions, and foreclosures for a month or two. Then the talk of sending every American a check or two, if this goes smoothly I see no reason he doesn't see a second term. From impeachment to indispensable in one big shit storm.

A lot of stupid opinions here. Here in europe it is becoming extremely alarming. All hospitals in my country are running at full capacity and the peak is expected to be in many weeks. The hospitals now have to select which people they can still help. If any person needs any kind of hospital treatment they are truly fucked. I hope I don't get sick now. This is not just some flu guys. You will find out soon enough in the US, because the damage is already done, it has spread way too far already.

A lot of stupid opinions here. Here in europe it is becoming extremely alarming. All hospitals in my country are running at full capacity and the peak is expected to be in many weeks. The hospitals now have to select which people they can still help. If any person needs any kind of hospital treatment they are truly fucked. I hope I don't get sick now. This is not just some flu guys. You will find out soon enough in the US, because the damage is already done, it has spread way too far already.
Lol at everyone here saying this will be a positive for POTUS. He was -300 weeks ago, now he’s a dog. Yeah this is working out great for him.

Lol at everyone here saying this will be a positive for POTUS. He was -300 weeks ago, now he’s a dog. Yeah this is working out great for him.

The lowest he went was around 1.7 (not counting bookmakers where the price is extremely juiced for the most part), and a some of that was because of the clear lead biden took in the dem primary. it's had some negative effect sure, but potentially depending on how both sides play it it could become more positive for him.

The lowest he went was around 1.7 (not counting bookmakers where the price is extremely juiced for the most part), and a some of that was because of the clear lead biden took in the dem primary. it's had some negative effect sure, but potentially depending on how both sides play it it could become more positive for him.
On 2/12 he was -350 and last week he +110 on bovada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back