Opinion (Poll) What parts of the US Republican Party do you dislike the most?

What parts of the US Republican Party do you dislike the most?

• Total voters
you are simple person tonni, you really are man. Keep crying and going on in this thread that you don't like.

How have you only been here 2 months and posted 2800 times? Do you not have a life outside of the internet? Do you have trouble making friends?

Had to tick every single box

Not a single one of those points is a good thing, the GOP needs to die

How have you only been here 2 months and posted 2800 times? Do you not have a life outside of the internet? Do you have trouble making friends?
giphy.gif

Pre-Trump, I'd say the disdain for education and expertise. Post-Trump it's the complete denial of objective reality with no consequences, as a previous poster pointed out.

Republicans do nothing to help their constituents. its all token resistance. in the end, obama pushed his agenda without any real opposition. the left right paradigm in this country is fake and gay.
I disagree with framing that as putting up zero resistance to Democrats. If you frame it as doing nothing to help their constituents, then I would agree. The agenda that Obama was allowed to push was one that mutually benefited all of them and their donors.

That's literally both parties. Wtf has Biden done for the people besides Pulse night club, and juneteenth? Those things are uselsss to suffering humans. The dems will virtue signal as they crush you under foot, the repubs will do the same but the virtue they signal is generally god. Its the exact same shit.

In practice, the Dems can't do a lot. They have a one vote senate margin and can only pass things through budget reconciliation based on what Joe Manchin is willing to vote for. Also Biden is a weak president and senile. There are also plenty of corporate Dems in congress. But on paper they have actual policies. Republicans don't have any plan for the country and are in opposition to the most popular policies in the country.

Stuff like raising corporate taxes, taxing billionaires, 15 dollar minimum wage, a public option, infrastructure, climate change initiatives, etc is very popular with the public. But the Republican party is diametrically opposed to every single one of these things. Even the bipartisan infrastructure bill that was negotiated down from Biden's original proposal. At best that thing is going to get a handful of Republicans on board and that's maybe.

While both parties are awful, the Republican party is the biggest single obstacle to actually getting things done in this country and has been for decades. They have no plan for healthcare. They have no plan for infrastructure. They have no plan for anything except increasing military spending, deregulation, and lowering taxes for the wealthiest people in the U.S.

In practice, the Dems can't do a lot. They have a one vote senate margin and can only pass things through budget reconciliation based on what Joe Manchin is willing to vote for. Also Biden is a weak president and senile. There are also plenty of corporate Dems in congress. But on paper they have actual policies. Republicans don't have any plan for the country and are in opposition to the most popular policies in the country.

Stuff like raising corporate taxes, taxing billionaires, 15 dollar minimum wage, a public option, infrastructure, climate change initiatives, etc is very popular with the public. But the Republican party is diametrically opposed to every single one of these things. Even the bipartisan infrastructure bill that was negotiated down from Biden's original proposal. At best that thing is going to get a handful of Republicans on board and that's maybe.

While both parties are awful, the Republican party is the biggest single obstacle to actually getting things done in this country and has been for decades. They have no plan for healthcare. They have no plan for infrastructure. They have no plan for anything except increasing military spending, deregulation, and lowering taxes for the wealthiest people in the U.S.
I enjoyed this. The lack of policy is an interesting point that i will think on. As for being the largest obstacle to change, that is the purpose of a conservative. A good conservative knows what needs defending, a bad conservative digs their heels in for the wrong reasons or because they're a stubborn ass.

The Democratic party definitely wants change but you need only to look at the Obama presidency to see where their allegiances truly lie. To the banks, the MIC, and large corporations. They offer false change in my opinion.

we need something new.

That is real. And most Americans agree. That's why they lost the senate, house and presidency in four years.
Lol okay. I guess the 4 years before that most Americans agreed the democrats were a parody of an evil organization. Right?

Lol okay. I guess the 4 years before that most Americans agreed the democrats were a parody of an evil organization. Right?

Naw, not evil. Democrats lost because they were weak and ineffective. They at least show less malice for the average person than Republicans do. Who actively call lower class Americans lazy and trash.

Naw, not evil. Democrats lost because they were weak and ineffective. They at least show less malice for the average person than Republicans do. Who actively call lower class Americans lazy and trash.
Lolwut? Was it meant as a term of endearment to call the middle and working class rubes, bitter clingers, bigots, white supremacists, and irredeemable deplorables?

Hillary Clinton literally called half the country irredeemable deplorables in a campaign speech, Joe Biden said "you ain't black" if you don't vote for him, "poor kids can be just as smart as white kids", said about 20% of the country "are just bad people", called a random voter fat and challenged him to push up contest for asking a question during town hall. But yeah, the GOP are hostile to the average person for valuing work over welfare.

<YeahOKJen>

Last edited:
Lolwut? Was it meant as a term of endearment to call the middle and working class rubes, bitter clingers, bigots, white supremacists, and irredeemable deplorables?

I think he's thinking about reality, rather than your fantasies. "Deplorables" for example, referred to Nazis and racists--not "middle and working class rubes."

I think he's thinking about reality, rather than your fantasies. "Deplorables" for example, referred to Nazis and racists--not "middle and working class rubes."
She said that about half of Trump supporters. Thats a lot nazis.

She said that about half of Trump supporters. Thats a lot nazis.

So? Point is that she wasn't referring to the middle class or the working class generally. Likewise, "bitter clingers" is an invention. It really says something that these guys literally can't keep a discussion grounded in reality.

Back