Ponzinibbio removed from UFC rankings

1.5 years didn't stop UFC from keeping Nate, Conor and Cain on the rankings.

Common logic is not your strongest part huh?
The fact, that the absense didn't affect their rankings doesn't automatically mean, that it didn't affect Ponzinibbio's ranking either.

He had some kind of injury + infection which had him out for a while.

USADA changed their rulings so they no longer publicly disclose cases, but they still sanction, so it’s up to the athletes to come out publicly if they get a suspension. There’s a possibility that something happened regarding that, but no confirmation that I know of.

Other than that, he’s doing Spanish commentary, so he must have an OK relationship with the UFC. Recently called out RDA.

Common logic is not your strongest part huh?
The fact, that the absense didn't affect their rankings doesn't automatically mean, that it didn't affect Ponzinibbio's ranking either.

It was a joke, dude!
for fucks sake

If it was Conor they would have moved him from 8th to 1st or 2nd, and then said "it's what the fans want to see" as justification.

Why? He was on a 7 fight winning streak and was in the top 8 last time I saw him. Did he leave the UFC.

This is old (he was removed months ago) and discussed at length in other threads. Use the search feature numb nuts

Can't believe he went down to the wire with Mike Perry that was an L for Perry but he pressured him and bloodied him up pretty good

UFC onto his ponzi scheme

Why? He was on a 7 fight winning streak and was in the top 8 last time I saw him

This is record gazing at its best.
He should be called "Pokesenibbio" for his heinous methods of achieving that un-deserved record.

I don't know what happened if he's out, but fuck that guy.

santiago-aiming-for-eyes.jpg

Gunnar Ponzi eye poke 4.JPG Gunnar Ponzi eye poke 6.JPG Plat poked by Ponzi 2.JPG Plats eye poke scar 2.JPG

I have been watching all events for 5 years, but never have I seen Ponzi in action

Well deserved and good riddance, you ain’t shit unless you’re actively fighting.

I totally agree that at the very least a fighter should drop significantly in the ranks after a year of inactivity. It’s just crazy the way the UFC rankings are made. And certainly after about 18 months, a fighter should be removed entirely. Come back and actually fight, and start the climb again. It only seems right.

Ponzi is a beast, hope he fights again soon. Also strange that he gets dropped off the ranking but a certain Irish fighter fights once every 3 years and seems to be in all rankings

He's really a very good fighter. I don't quite know what his current situation is as regards injuries or next fight or why he got taken out of the rankings, but it's a shame if he's no longer in the UFC. I always liked his fights.

Back