Post Punk / Post Hardcore / Screamo / Math Core / Math Rock etc.

Bygones (Nic Reinhardt, the guitar player from Tera Melos & Zach Hill, the drummer from Hella)

Zach Hill (the drummer from Hella)

Zach's in Death Grips now

Zach & Spencer from Hella & Cedric & Omar (from ATDI / The Mars Volta)

One of my favourite Omar albums. It grows on you if you give it a chance :p

One of Kurt Ballou (Guitar for Converge) side projects. Love this one, the guitar is pretty insane, even by Kurt Ballou standards

Last edited:
You and I - No Guilt on New Year's Day

Azure - Sad Days

Gonna go see these fools and one of my neighbors bands on friday. Id say which one but hes in like 5 and im not sure which one it is

Error is the singer from Dillinger Escape Plan, Brett (from Bad Religion), Atticus Ross (won an oscar and a grammy for the soundtracks he made with Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) & Atticus' brother Leopold Ross... making music that sounds like Holy Molar meets Genghis Tron meets D.E.P.

One of the originators of Nintendo-core

Error is the singer from Dillinger Escape Plan, Brett (from Bad Religion), Atticus Ross (won an oscar and a grammy for the soundtracks he made with Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) & Atticus' brother Leopold Ross... making music that sounds like Holy Molar meets Genghis Tron meets D.E.P.

[/MEDIA]

I still listen to Burn in Hell loads, love that song

Yo Man Go! (featuring members of Off Minor/Saetia/Books Lie/Robot Attack/Carpenter Ant) ... I gotta upload and post some Robot Attack (those guys rule)

Great German Screamo band, love the transition and riff that starts 25 seconds in. Still does it for me after 10 years of listening to it, great song all around.

I still listen to Burn in Hell loads, love that song

Nice, I just discovered them about 6 months ago. Kind of surprised they're not more well known considering their line-up.

The new(ish, this year anyway) La Luna record is an absolute beast.

The last recording session that was never released, or mastered.

You Slut! The first all female band in the thread, maybe in the genre?

The new(ish, this year anyway) La Luna record is an absolute beast.

They're from Toronto too. Gonna go see them one of these days. My only complaint is the drummer doesn't play fast enough. Their demo is great also.

Since ATDI/TMV/Anything related to ORL seems popular here, I'll post some of my favorites:

I can't even remember how many times I listened to this album high as fook:

Last edited:
I love Signal Hill, The Samuel Jackson Five and Battles... some good picks

I have all those Omar albums on CD and listen to them in my car a lot, along with this album.

Ya, I love that kind of stuff. It's usually classified as post-rock but it's more on the math-rock side if you ask me.

I honestly gave up on trying to keep up with ORLs stuff simply because there is so much of it. The last album I checked out was Ciencia de los Inutiles. I'll go back and check what I've missed out on eventually.

I'm digging The Physics House Band.

<mma4>

Last edited:
Back