Post Punk / Post Hardcore / Screamo / Math Core / Math Rock etc.

Ion Dissonance released a new album last month

Great German band that broke up for good last year

The new Dillinger Escape Plan album is out

@BeardotheWeirdo new ion dissonance? awesome. going to check that out

ctts instrumental with rap lol. thought i'd add something different to the thread

One of my favorite threads! Awesome posts bros.

Hopefully these haven't been posted

Also Daughters is one of my all time favorites and for anyone into them, I spoke with Lex (their vocalist) earlier this year and he told me they have recorded demo's and will eventually release a new album! Some of them moved to Texas so it's hard for them to get together. I felt complete...

Letters in Binary - unknown band from Detroit

Me and him call it us - don't know much about em just used to listen to em...

Kissyface Fashion Faux Pas - Michigan band

Hewhocorrupts - Best corporation of all time from Chicago! Members of Kung Fu Rick

One of the best albums of all time!

Flight of the Jesus Dog - another Michigan band, had one album to my knowledge. Not on youtube. I own it though and can only find it on myspace online so...

https://myspace.com/floatjesus/music/songs

One of my favorite threads! Awesome posts bros.

Hopefully these haven't been posted

Also Daughters is one of my all time favorites and for anyone into them, I spoke with Lex (their vocalist) earlier this year and he told me they have recorded demo's and will eventually release a new album! Some of them moved to Texas so it's hard for them to get together. I felt complete...

Letters in Binary - unknown band from Detroit

Me and him call it us - don't know much about em just used to listen to em...

Oh shit!! Just when I thought this thread had run it's course...

Letters in Binary sounds bad-ass. They're very chaotic for a math-core band, and short songs are always a big bonus. Going to download their discography for sure. According to discogs.com (https://www.discogs.com/artist/1318140-Letters-In-Binary) they featured a former member of Enkephalin and went on to form Best Friends (two bands I like, surprised I hadn't heard of these guys)

Me and Him Call it Us: Never heard of them before, but will definitely be downloading some of their stuff. It looks like they released two albums and a 7" (according to discogs) I'm surprised I never heard of them, they were on Stickfigure after all...

beardo check this band out if you get a minute. some really good stuff

Head Hits Concrete (it's too bad these guys never recorded a high-quality album when they were awesome)

Kissyface Fashion Faux Pas - Michigan band

Hewhocorrupts - Best corporation of all time from Chicago! Members of Kung Fu Rick

One of the best albums of all time!

Flight of the Jesus Dog - another Michigan band, had one album to my knowledge. Not on youtube. I own it though and can only find it on myspace online so...

https://myspace.com/floatjesus/music/songs

Damn!!...

Kissyface... love the use of keyboards and even a kaoss-pad. Very cool. Their only full-length album is a split cassette, that's awesome. Hope I can find them on Soulseek.

Great news about Daughters doing another album, the last one was different but it grew on me.

I said earlier in this thread that the microeconomics ep was HeWhoCorrupts best stuff (by far) and Helax posted "master of profits"... How did I forget about that gem, such a great album.

beardo check this band out if you get a minute. some really good stuff

Very interesting guitar work, and time/patterns... I wonder if they were influenced by "Planes Mistaken For Stars"

This computer has crappy speakers which isn't good for this type of music, but it sounds pretty catchy. Will have to download it to give it a good listen. The ending to the second song was really cool.

Last edited:
Oh shit!! Just when I thought this thread had run it's course...

Letters in Binary sounds bad-ass. They're very chaotic for a math-core band, and short songs are always a big bonus. Going to download their discography for sure. According to discogs.com (https://www.discogs.com/artist/1318140-Letters-In-Binary) they featured a former member of Enkephalin and went on to form Best Friends (two bands I like, surprised I hadn't heard of these guys)

Me and Him Call it Us: Never heard of them before, but will definitely be downloading some of their stuff. It looks like they released two albums and a 7" (according to discogs) I'm surprised I never heard of them, they were on Stickfigure after all...

Letters in Binary have an earlier album that isn't on discogs. It's called Hands Don't Mind the Holes. It has 11 tracks, 2 are live and one is a demo that appears on Pretty and Perpendicular, there are a few other tracks that both albums share.

I have their two full lengths as digital files and their split with peter and craig on 45. If you can't find em maybe there is some way i can get em to you... The opening track from "Hands dont mind the holes" is awesome, it starts with a really grainy church song for 50 seconds of the 81 second song then crushes. It's actually the first song they play in the live video i posted which starts with "hi, we're letters in binary". Its called Pregnant with Potential. Love that band.

Sorry if this has been posted, I can't see the videos and can only search for words that are typed out.

Robotosaurus - Australian dudes, they have a couple albums and splits

Dat speaker dive doe!!!

Last edited:
Letters in Binary have an earlier album that isn't on discogs. It's called Hands Don't Mind the Holes. It has 11 tracks, 2 are live and one is a demo that appears on Pretty and Perpendicular, there are a few other tracks that both albums share.

I have their two full lengths as digital files and their split with peter and craig on 45. If you can't find em maybe there is some way i can get em to you... The opening track from "Hands dont mind the holes" is awesome, it starts with a really grainy church song for 50 seconds of the 81 second song then crushes. It's actually the first song they play in the live video i posted which starts with "hi, we're letters in binary". Its called Pregnant with Potential. Love that band.

Thanks for the info. I found them all on Soulseek, as well as a 8-song tour EP they released. There's a bunch of demo's from Me And Him Call It Us on Soulseek as well. They had two Kissyface albums also.

The same guy from Letters in Binary, Enkephalin, and Best Friends! was also in another great band called "Slam Wedgehouse"

Sorry if this has been posted, I can't see the videos and can only search for words that are typed out.

Robotosaurus - Australian dudes, they have a couple albums and splits

Dat speaker dive doe!!!

I posted some earlier in the thread I think, maybe it was a different thread.

I have this album (digital version) but I always thought they were one of the many Graf Orlock side projects, since they're on Vitriol records (at least the 10" of Manhater is) I didn't even know they had other albums, will have to check them out.
R-1954871-1254787865.jpeg.jpg

Speaking of Vitriol records, here's their latest release

Asphalt Graves: Past and present members of Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Gwar, The Black Dahlia Murder etc.

Last edited:
...Who Calls So Loud

Only For The Sake of Aching

The Flying Worker

Achilles

Jack the Stripper - Dillinger-esque, Djentier with lots of breakdowns, almost crabby at times...

Inside the Beehive - Chaotic... moments of sawtooth grin perhaps

See You Next Tuesday - Michigan band, first vocalist named bear, second named fox...

Cool story... I went to a show headlined by "Cunt", maybe Tony Danza Born of Osiris and Beneath the Massacre opened, can't remember but I noticed fox (their vocalist) sitting at the bar so I sat next to him, bought him a beer and struck up a conversation about his previous band "flesh and blood robot" when he says "let me see you shirt" so i turned so he could see it...then he says "I drew that"... I was wearing a Psyopus shirt that he designed...he's a tattoo artist and did a lot if not all their shirt art as well as some for psyopus apparently... who knew!

Follow the White Rabbit - Russian band, underrated/unknown. One of my secret musical pleasures. Their full length is a soundscape masterpiece!

Back