Post the greatest boss battles in video game history.

Virtua Fighter 5, fighting Dural at the end of the tournament mode. A friend and I spent countless hours on this and only beat it once

OIP.aeRnkbeWu40L-bW8FMRASgHaEK

And I can knock that can stiff, too.

The game that pretty much invented massive boss fights...

In no particular order -

and my absolute favourite boss fight ever -

Fuck I gotta actually go back and finish Nier Automata, I loved everything of the game when I played it, with the Opera Singer's OST still heavily in my rotation. Its not a perfect game and the open world could use AAA polish but I definitely need to go back.

As for Hollow Knight, I think ill play that next.

I will never forget the final boss in House of the Dead Overkill.

I don't wanna say anymore I get the feeling it could violate some forum rules.

"Oremor Nhoj, em llik tsum uoy emag eht niw ot"
latest

Not necessarily from a gameplay or challenge standpoint but based on creativity alone. Just all of the mind fuck shit they throw at you in a single boss fight is crazy.

View attachment 870722

I didn't really like the controller switch. It wasn't really a "puzzle" that you would be able to figure out on your own without having read about it in Gamepro or something. I don't recall there being any clues - the game eventually just tells you exactly what to do.

And once you know the trick, on subsequent playthroughs it was just annoying to have to get up and switch them.

I didn't really like the controller switch. It wasn't really a "puzzle" that you would be able to figure out on your own without having read about it in Gamepro or something. I don't recall there being any clues - the game eventually just tells you exactly what to do.

And once you know the trick, on subsequent playthroughs it was just annoying to have to get up and switch them.

you could also shoot the statues for the same effect.

or just ignore the tips and try to beat him in his op state...

That game had a lot of that. The codec number on the back of the box. But I like that breaking the 4th wall kind of stuff. It's what set that game apart and made Hideo a legend. The guy is always doing unique and interesting things.

That game had a lot of that. The codec number on the back of the box. But I like that breaking the 4th wall kind of stuff. It's what set that game apart and made Hideo a legend. The guy is always doing unique and interesting things.

True. I can't think of another game that broke the 4th wall like that. It was definitely unique.

MGS was one of my favorite games of all time, BTW. Even though I didn't love everything about it.

Surprised no one mentioned Hyperion from Returnal. That boss was fantastic with some of the best music ever.

Back