Post Workout Meal

What is your favorite post workout meal? I drink a shake, then eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white bread. What is typical for you?
Eat a real meal after the workout. Eat the shake before bed.

Oh. Well the local food place owned by a Jewish dude called shaloha (shalom + Aloha) sells shwarma, schnitzel, falafel and stuff like that

I'm definitely partial to middle eastern / Mediterranean food.

Particularly Syrian or Israeli style.

I'm big proponent of real meals post workout.

Meat and vegetables with plenty of legumes.

Since i cant post beacause i have less than 150 messages i would like to ask my question here if someone can awnser it that would be nice

iv been doing combat sport for 3 years not lifting alot this year i started lifting 1-3 times a week max to build muscles in specific places to prevent injuries etc
in my boxing, mma training we always do resistance and conditioning at the end im on a weight loss journey i know that i need protein in my diet and a good ammount for my weight im 130kg i dont really have the time to cook sometimes so i wanted for the first time to take whey protein but someone in my family told me that my level wasn't advanced enough and it was useless when i told him about anabolic window and i had to eat protein max 1 hour after my workout having a shaker was alot easier instead of cooking etc but he told me that my anabolic window was open for more than a hour beacause of my newbie level (in weight lifting), but my level in other sport is more advanced im used to train at least 3 times a week high intensity workouts so for me its pretty much the same workout is workout, im not trying to "bulk" just to have my minimum requierement of protein to build muscle and maintain etc

any advice ? thanks

If you're not trying to gain weight you don't need to eat right away post workout at all. Just eat 3 sensible meals per day with moderate protein and lots of vegetables / fiber.

You'll end up leaning out while building muscle in the process.

If you're not trying to gain weight you don't need to eat right away post workout at all. Just eat 3 sensible meals per day with moderate protein and lots of vegetables / fiber.

You'll end up leaning out while building muscle in the process.
Omad or 2mad imo

I'm definitely partial to middle eastern / Mediterranean food.

Particularly Syrian or Israeli style.

I'm big proponent of real meals post workout.

Meat and vegetables with plenty of legumes.
I think legumes are bullshit. Plus, they make me fart.

Maybe worthwhile if you want to make people around you uncomfortable with your gas

I think legumes are bullshit. Plus, they make me fart.

Maybe worthwhile if you want to make people around you uncomfortable with your gas

Many people do fine with them some don't, but in research eating them regularly has been repeatedly associated with improvements in longevity. There's a lot of really serious long term issues that come around from not having enough bulk fiber over a lifetime and things like lentils and chickpeas offer great bulk fiber with protein and other nutrients.

And I say this as an omnivore, not a vegan.

Many people do fine with them some don't, but in research eating them regularly has been repeatedly associated with improvements in longevity. There's a lot of really serious long term issues that come around from not having enough bulk fiber over a lifetime and things like lentils and chickpeas offer great bulk fiber with protein and other nutrients.

I love Mexican food and eat them in spite of what I think about them so I guess it's all for the best then.

Legumes are like a challenger devisive food. Top tier we have red meat, dairy, grains, seed/vegetable oils etc.
Beans and other legumes are defo one of the big fishes in the second pond - I really don't know how I feel about them. There's good evidence on both sides as to whether they're "good" or "bad". They don't agree with me personally but that may be due to my particular flavour of gut dysbiosis.

Legumes are like a challenger devisive food. Top tier we have red meat, dairy, grains, seed/vegetable oils etc.
Beans and other legumes are defo one of the big fishes in the second pond - I really don't know how I feel about them. There's good evidence on both sides as to whether they're "good" or "bad". They don't agree with me personally but that may be due to my particular flavour of gut dysbiosis.

The reality of the evidence is pretty clear.

The "but muh lectins!" crowd is overreaching.

All the longevity studies show daily long term bean consumption = awesome.

Seventh day adventists have great longevity figures despite being culty, and they are eating tons of beans for their religious vegan diet. That's pretty well documented.

There is certainly the possibility of specific individuals doing poorly with specific species or the group as a whole, but on a broader public health level legumes have been proven to be really good.

Seventh day adventists have great longevity figures despite being culty, and they are eating tons of beans for their religious vegan diet. That's pretty well documented.
Maybe a conversation for another day as I'm currently watching the football (soccer) and I've had a few beers but in general, many of the Seventh Day Adventist's (SDA) health markers are fucking terrible.
A traditional Mediterranean diet often includes legumes though and if nothing else, I'd much rather spend time with a Sardininian than a SDA...

Maybe a conversation for another day as I'm currently watching the football (soccer) and I've had a few beers but in general, many of the Seventh Day Adventist's (SDA) health markers are fucking terrible.
A traditional Mediterranean diet often includes legumes though and if nothing else, I'd much rather spend time with a Sardininian than a SDA...

Oh of course, I greatly prefer them with lots of lemon, onion, garlic, fresh herbs, chilis, and some fish.

There are studies following the longevity of Mormons and they tend to live just as long as SDA beyond your average American and they certainly don't focus on a bean-centric diets that shun meat. They also don't suffer from poor fertility like the SDAs do. The things they have in common are avoidance of drugs/alcohol, active lifestyle, faith in their religion, and a strong sense of community/family. So to cite beans as a reason why they live so long seems pretty silly to be quite honest. I don't think there's anything uniquely necessary that legumes contain that you can't get from a food source with fewer antinutrients that's more evolutionarily consistent with the human diet.

Blue zones are kinda BS in general. Hong Kong(longest living population 2 years in a row) is a blue zone and they have one of the highest(if not highest) meat consumption per capita out of any country on the planet. Are we just gonna attribute that to meat? Lol, doubtful.....You guys can go hang out in Loma Linda and eat beans with the barren SDAs. I'm going to Hong Kong to chow down on some chicken hearts.

salat with eggs, salmon, cucumber and 10-15g mayonnaise
perfecto:)

Back