Post Your Gloves/Gear

I love your replies @Badoldman.

I know I put up a joke about me not been good enough to use them but I'm in the same camp as you. I'd hate to use them on the heavy bag as each punch your wearing them down bit by bit....if i was to invest in a pair, which they are an investment, I'd use them only for sparring.

I do want a pair though....just reluctant to pay the price as I don't fight any more, just sparring when covid isn't about.

I second topboxer aliens, I have their stock pair and they're brilliant. Just be aware the 16oz foam is different to the 14oz and less.

My custom pair are 20oz. Lots of good padding. I never-ever spar (which is very seldom now) with less than an 18oz glove. I competed at middleweight 165lbs/ 11.78 stone. I now weight 170 in top shape. I have learned through experience that I do not have to pull punches with a heavier glove. At my gym we have a tradition of really warming up before sparring unless we are closer to a fight. I usually jump rope for 5 rounds, shadow box 3 rounds, hit the heavy bag for 5 rounds, then gear up for sparring. Again, I sparred 2 times in December and once on January 4, 2021. The trainers asked me to spar in front of the couples and housewives who joined our gym for New Year’s resolutions and fitness and are non-contact members. They wanted to show the benefits of boxing for older people. I went 3 rounds with a trainer who is in his early 30s and is a former pro with 20oz gloves. I was very aware I was sparring in front of unlearned people new to boxing. I felt slow and awkward. When we finished the spectators watching all cheered and applauded. I was embarrassed about how much that pleased me. I was taught when I was a very young boxer that sparring is not about winning the session. It’s about learning and putting to use techniques and tactics for fighting. One of the greatest things about boxing is at the age of 57, I continue to be a student of boxing and continue to learn. I cannot count the times I have been amazed and awed at something someone showed me in a boxing gym for the first time. One of the lasting lessons I have learned is I’d rather use a heavier glove and punch hard, than pull my punches. There are times I am asked to spar with a fitness dude whose nuts have dropped and wants to see what it’s like to get hit. Of course I never try and take advantage of that situation. He wants to learn and it needs to be a trying yet positive situation. I try and put pressure on new guys. When I do get sparring with younger, stronger fighters, which is again, very seldom now, I try to get my work in and land my punches. I try to throw a lot of punches. Another lasting lesson I have learned is never throw a punch you don’t intend to land unless you’re setting up something else. (Left Hook off the lead right hand or the Mexican set-up as we cal it). I don’t think I get anything out of using lighter gloves in sparring and my sparring partners appreciate my glove choices. Just my experience. I really don’t care if my sparring partners meet my heavy glove choice. The 2 sessions I had in December were with a former kickboxing pro and he used 18 oz Fighting Sports Tri-techs which are very soft. The guy I sparred with in January used 16oz Cleto Reyes and there’s plenty of padding to suit me. The head trainer at our gym has pro fighters and monitors the gear being used in sparring pretty closely. So someone climbing in the ring to spar with bag gloves would definitely be noted and addressed. We never have had unsupervised contact sparring. Even the teenage amateur fighters have coaches monitoring sparring. The pros have closed sparring sessions in another big room with a real competition ring and when I’m in there I want nothing to do with their sparring. That’s a young man’s game and they spar very hard. You’d be amazed at the sound a body shot makes when those guys are going at it before a fight.

How are the Flys?

They are great - probably my softest, most comfortable gloves. But no less protective for it. They're the Superloop X, so not real leather, but aside from the smell, it's hard to tell. Decent risk protection, nice feedback - awesome gloves.

They are great - probably my softest, most comfortable gloves. But no less protective for it. They're the Superloop X, so not real leather, but aside from the smell, it's hard to tell. Decent risk protection, nice feedback - awesome gloves.
I wanted to buy some Fly gloves but the cost of the leather glove was prohibitive. Do you have a photo of your gloves? I’d be interested in knowing more about them.

Hey all, I'm so excited my new Hernandez and New Sporting gloves has arrived...
Have only been able to try out my NS pair... looking forward to use my Hernandez pair. It has been a great experience so far, I'm overexcited with all these lately glove quest.

From Hernandez, I'm keeping the left red gloves 12 oz.
From New Sporting, I'm keeping the upper blue metallic gloves 14 oz.

I just love the mental super power that each new glove come with.
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-04 at 22.27.37 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-04 at 22.27.37.jpeg

Might be posting you my detailed experience with Hernandez and New Sporting in the next days. If not here, definitely through my other networks.

That New Sporting gloves look clean. Could you please post some detailed shots. I'm interested how the inside lining looks where the thumb connects with rest of glove. Did you have some issues with ordering from NS? Or maybe they improved their customer service?

I wanted to buy some Fly gloves but the cost of the leather glove was prohibitive. Do you have a photo of your gloves? I’d be interested in knowing more about them.

They've always been too expensive for me too - even the X line isn't cheap - but they had a sale in November and that made it all a lot more affordable.

It's not letting me upload certain photos but here are some...

Attachments

• IMG_4956.jpeg
    IMG_4956.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4959.jpeg
    IMG_4959.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4960.jpeg
    IMG_4960.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4958.jpeg
    IMG_4958.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
That New Sporting gloves look clean. Could you please post some detailed shots. I'm interested how the inside lining looks where the thumb connects with rest of glove. Did you have some issues with ordering from NS? Or maybe they improved their customer service?

Hey @Lotnik , I haven't had any issues ordering with NS. They were actually the ones who delivered in the quickest time in reference with Campeon, Casanova, Classics, Lopez and Hernandez. However, I've heard the issues that happened in the past with NS, and am afraid these are unlucky situations and might be ups and downs situations... unfortunately, as I've mentioned before, some of these Mexican workshops, doesn't always take enough importance into Customer value and service. I've have had issues also with some of these other MX brands, but I had always yet been able to solve them out in the past. Perhaps because I was in Mexico City at that moment, and was able to push them harder to deliver.

Have only been using NS gloves for 1 training session, but so far, these gloves are great to me, and I really loved them all. The inner lining is above quality than to Boxeo, Campeon, Casanova, Gil and Lopez.

To be honest, I don't find it very friendly in posting images or video content through these threads. Know that I've been actively posting content and my personal reviews on each of these Mexican brands I've been using. So in the next days I should be sharing some detailed pictures and video views of New Sporting and Hernandez.

You should be able to find my content [and blog with some more pictures] through any of my Social networks or website:
Instagram/ Facebook: The Boxing Collector

Edgar

@Lotnik here are some pictures I just took from one of these 16 oz pairs. As you may see, they even come packaged in this plastic bag, which is better than nothing. To how most of other gloves come.

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-05 at 11.45.36 (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-05 at 11.45.36 (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-05 at 11.45.35 (4).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-05 at 11.45.35 (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-05 at 11.45.35 (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-05 at 11.45.34 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-05 at 11.45.33 (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-05 at 11.45.33 (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-05 at 11.45.32 (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-05 at 11.45.32 (2).jpeg

They look great. I experienced bad customer support from NS and huge delay in manufacturing. And when they came they had some issues like teared lining around the thumb and later the lining teared on finger tips. I see that they use different lining right now and padding on the palm looks more like cotton filling.

Attachments

• received_377476016188057.jpeg
    received_377476016188057.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
They look great. I experienced bad customer support from NS and huge delay in manufacturing. And when they came they had some issues like teared lining around the thumb and later the lining teared on finger tips. I see that they use different lining right now and padding on the palm looks more like cotton filling.

Lotnik, what year did you buy your NS gloves? I was able to get mine before things got bad for others with them. Your label looks different from mine and from the current label. Also, it's strange that they gave you the Latex or EVA palm padding and a flat cuff for the lace-up version, which typically comes with fiber filled padding and a triple cuff. Even the stitch pattern on the palm side of your gloves is the one they usually use for velcro models

Lotnik, what year did you buy your NS gloves? I was able to get mine before things got bad for others with them. Your label looks different from mine and from the current label. Also, it's strange that they gave you the Latex or EVA palm padding and a flat cuff for the lace-up version, which typically comes with fiber filled padding and a triple cuff. Even the stitch pattern on the palm side of your gloves is the one they usually use for velcro models
I ordered them end of 2018 and received in March 2019. With the cuff i think there was misunderstanding. I sent them picture of Grant fight gloves and told I want that colors. But it ended up with flat cuff.

I ordered them end of 2018 and received in March 2019. With the cuff i think there was misunderstanding. I sent them picture of Grant fight gloves and told I want that colors. But it ended up with flat cuff.

I see. I got my last pair from them in 2017, before they got flooded with orders by every new startup company under the sky lol. Before the decline in quality control and CS.

They gave you a 14oz fight glove it seems. Which is why it's always good to be extremely detailed in your descriptions, to draw the pic of the glove yourself, or use a color edit app on a photo of the specific model you want.

Btw Edgar's been sharing his impressions on his NS gloves with me...it seems NS is back and better than ever.

I was precise. But I think the women i spoke just have the picture of gloves to the craftsman

upload_2021-2-6_23-8-1.pngupload_2021-2-6_23-9-29.jpeg Inside training!! The decha pads are surprisingly good for the price

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-6_23-8-1.jpeg
    upload_2021-2-6_23-8-1.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 12
Back