Post Your Gloves/Gear

Finally came in. Every pair of Fly that I get seems to get better and better.View attachment 831759
I went on the FLY UK Instagram to look at more of their stuff. Look at the shape of the thumb of the FLY glove and compare it to shape of the New Sporting thumb, especially from the side view. That distinct kindney-shape...a thumb shape that was distinctly seen initially only on Grant and New Sporting (not even on HDZ), and then a bunch of new startup gear companies started to have that thumb shape at right about the same time New Sporting got overloaded with orders and their customer service plummetted.

Hmmmmmm.....

I think the flood of orders started after csquared published his review on youtube, saying that it might be the same manufacturer as Grant.

I went on the FLY UK Instagram to look at more of their stuff. Look at the shape of the thumb of the FLY glove and compare it to shape of the New Sporting thumb, especially from the side view. That distinct kindney-shape...a thumb shape that was distinctly seen initially only on Grant and New Sporting (not even on HDZ), and then a bunch of new startup gear companies started to have that thumb shape at right about the same time New Sporting got overloaded with orders and their customer service plummetted.

Hmmmmmm.....

Funny how that works. Supposedly the premium Fly gloves are produced in the UK, but who knows? This is my fourth pair from Fly and each time I'm amazed at the quality of their gloves.

Funny how that works. Supposedly the premium Fly gloves are produced in the UK, but who knows? This is my fourth pair from Fly and each time I'm amazed at the quality of their gloves.
I absolutely love my fly gloves for me they are prefect in terms of shape and padding leather is top quality too. I know they won’t last as well as winning but if they only for sparring they will last long enough for me

Hmmmmmm.....

Hmmmmmm indeed.

They've been pretty up-front about the X series being manufactured in China and "finished" in the UK. Can't see why they'd hide any of their stuff being made in Mexico (since that is usually used as a promotional factor by other companies like Fortis & Russian Boxer).

More likely they just ripped off what they liked from the designs of some Mexican gloves. When they launched they made a lot of noise about all the research and prep that had gone into their designs.

Whatever: it works. Their gloves are fantastic.

Hey @Lotnik , I haven't had any issues ordering with NS. They were actually the ones who delivered in the quickest time in reference with Campeon, Casanova, Classics, Lopez and Hernandez. However, I've heard the issues that happened in the past with NS, and am afraid these are unlucky situations and might be ups and downs situations... unfortunately, as I've mentioned before, some of these Mexican workshops, doesn't always take enough importance into Customer value and service. I've have had issues also with some of these other MX brands, but I had always yet been able to solve them out in the past. Perhaps because I was in Mexico City at that moment, and was able to push them harder to deliver.

Have only been using NS gloves for 1 training session, but so far, these gloves are great to me, and I really loved them all. The inner lining is above quality than to Boxeo, Campeon, Casanova, Gil and Lopez.

To be honest, I don't find it very friendly in posting images or video content through these threads. Know that I've been actively posting content and my personal reviews on each of these Mexican brands I've been using. So in the next days I should be sharing some detailed pictures and video views of New Sporting and Hernandez.

You should be able to find my content [and blog with some more pictures] through any of my Social networks or website:
Instagram/ Facebook: The Boxing Collector

Edgar
Read the blog Edgar. Outstanding.

Yes, he showed video on his YT channel. I think in that time when they were flooded for about 200-300 orders it was too much for them.
The fact that a boxing glove reviewer on Youtube can drive sales is a good thing. If he likes the gloves, I've seldom disagreed with him. @EdgarMartinez also does really good reviews although he is just getting started. I want him to blow up the way Fit2Box, Expertboxing and csquaredboxing have done. More information makes for a better informed buyer and user of boxing gear. These reviewers have exposed some of the contempt some boxing gear makers have for their customers else they'd make better gear.

The fact that a boxing glove reviewer on Youtube can drive sales is a good thing. If he likes the gloves, I've seldom disagreed with him. @EdgarMartinez also does really good reviews although he is just getting started. I want him to blow up the way Fit2Box, Expertboxing and csquaredboxing have done. More information makes for a better informed buyer and user of boxing gear. These reviewers have exposed some of the contempt some boxing gear makers have for their customers else they'd make better gear.
Yes, but in addition to boxing gloves, he has a lot of interesting tools on the channel

Egg Weights

Last edited:
Kinda curious how New Sporting is nowadays, has anyone bought any gloves from them recently? Im kinda tempted on buying one of their stock gloves

Do they have stock gloves? Sometimes they post some ready to buy. Few posts before @Edgar Martinez posted new pairs recently purchased and they look very neat.
They have ramped up their Instagram activity over the last month or so and the gloves look very good. That being said the pair I had before looked great it was before the serious quality control issues but they lining come away after a few uses

Kinda curious how New Sporting is nowadays, has anyone bought any gloves from them recently? Im kinda tempted on buying one of their stock gloves

Hey @JamesSurya I've just placed an order about 1~2 weeks ago, it all went well, communication, service, delivery dates and gloves quality. I must say, this iteration with NS was better than with any other of the Mexican brands orders iteration I've been doing during these weeks. I mean, in terms of all those elements I've mentioned.

And the gloves, to me, are very top quality above most of the other MX brands. Yet, still planning to do more training with them until I can publish a more clear review. I've been training wearing different brand gloves during the same session to have a clearer reference of feeling... I'd say none of the other brands gets close to NS feeling and quality.

Edgar

Planning on ordering a glove from them but still kinda afraid because of the whole quality control and bad customer service situation. But if everything went well with you then it should be fine

Hmmmmmm indeed.

They've been pretty up-front about the X series being manufactured in China and "finished" in the UK. Can't see why they'd hide any of their stuff being made in Mexico (since that is usually used as a promotional factor by other companies like Fortis & Russian Boxer).

More likely they just ripped off what they liked from the designs of some Mexican gloves. When they launched they made a lot of noise about all the research and prep that had gone into their designs.

Whatever: it works. Their gloves are fantastic.

I think their gloves realy are made in the UK. I recall going through their instagram and seeing some leather craftsmanship photos. Click through and it was a lady leatger worker based in the UK who, at least at the time was working for Fly.

Fly have definitely taken inspiration from other brands though, especially their X line which just looks the exact same as Winning's stock line. Performance-wise is obviously different and I love both.

Nothing wrong with taking inspiration from elsewhere and creating something great!

I think their gloves realy are made in the UK. I recall going through their instagram and seeing some leather craftsmanship photos. Click through and it was a lady leatger worker based in the UK who, at least at the time was working for Fly.

Fly have definitely taken inspiration from other brands though, especially their X line which just looks the exact same as Winning's stock line. Performance-wise is obviously different and I love both.

Nothing wrong with taking inspiration from elsewhere and creating something great!

Yeah, agreed. I remember seeing that stuff from their UK leather workshop. I also appreciate the fact they admit the X gloves are partly done in China. I guess the key is their quality control, which seems to be really consistent.

Moving and would prefer to sell my Winning GT-9900 heavy bag:
http://winning-usa.com/products.html

and my Balazs H2S (built in spring and swivel) space saving punching bag wall mount:
https://www.balazsboxing.com/cgi-bin/catalog2.cgi?action=page&page=gear|heavy bag mounts|mh0109

both are in great shape, the heavy bag could pass for new. would prefer local pickup. make me an offer that's reasonable.

PM me

apologies if I'm not supposed to sell here but I didn't see another area to do so

Update: all items sold

Back