Post Your Gloves/Gear

Has anyone owned or used both the Boon NKPB and KPB thai pads? What are the differences between the two aside from the aesthetic ones? Are the NKPB an improvement over the KPB?
AFAIK, the only major change was the the leather stitching pattern - the old style has seams that run along the edge of the corners of the pad, this used to cause some injury to people who don't have hard shins in the past. They would kick the seams at the edges of the pad and get bruised. The new style wraps the leather around the corners of the pad and has seams much higher up that tend not to get kicked as much. I've got the KPB and i think the CKPB. Leather may have changed over years, my old pair had really soft leather and the newer pair isn't as soft.

AFAIK, the only major change was the the leather stitching pattern - the old style has seams that run along the edge of the corners of the pad, this used to cause some injury to people who don't have hard shins in the past. They would kick the seams at the edges of the pad and get bruised. The new style wraps the leather around the corners of the pad and has seams much higher up that tend not to get kicked as much. I've got the KPB and i think the CKPB. Leather may have changed over years, my old pair had really soft leather and the newer pair isn't as soft.
Based on your experience, do you think the NKPB would last longer than the KPB? I've never owned Thai pads, but they usually start breaking from the seams, right? The CKPB has the same wraparound leather design as the NKPB.

Also, how do Boon's pads compare to Twins? If you've used Twins pads before. Other forum posts comparing them are kinda outdated, considering Boon's designs seems to have changed quite a bit.

Based on your experience, do you think the NKPB would last longer than the KPB? I've never owned Thai pads, but they usually start breaking from the seams, right? The CKPB has the same wraparound leather design as the NKPB.
Also, how do Boon's pads compare to Twins? If you've used Twins pads before. Other forum posts comparing them are kinda outdated, considering Boon's designs seems to have changed quite a bit.
I haven't used Twins in a long time. Their old pads were awesome & bullet proof. Buckles/straps would always fail before anything else. Boon are one of the few companies I'd put up there with Twins for longevity. For comparison, my Fairtex extra thick pads, the leather started having issues around the 1 year mark. I kept them going with leather conditioner, only to have the fake leather on the back flake off some time later. Meanwhile, my Boon small KPBs have been going strong for years & years.

The front seam is not where pads typically fail. Failure usually occurs at one of the following: the striking surface starts to flake off (Fairtex), the surface on the back where the holder's arms rest peels off (Fairtex), the velcro straps fail (Twins). If there's a seam failure it's typically the back seam, which is secured by laces through big holes. If one of those laces fail, you could probably just order some extra long ribbon lace from the store and re-loop.

Thinking about buying either the fairtex bgl6 or boon lace ups in 16 oz (probs using for sparring). Anyone here ever had experience with both of them and can tell me which ones better?

Finally arrived my custom Adams boxing boots. First workout done and feel very good, they are superlight. BTW white pair is for sale. Size UK 10, inner sole 29 cm. If anyone interested DM me.

Attachments

• IMG_20210317_201158.jpg
    IMG_20210317_201158.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20210318_100944.jpg
    Screenshot_20210318_100944.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Finally arrived my custom Adams boxing boots. First workout done and feel very good, they are superlight. BTW white pair is for sale. Size UK 10, inner sole 30 cm. If anyone interested DM me.
White pair look great. Would love them but 30cm is a hair too big

Finally arrived my custom Adams boxing boots. First workout done and feel very good, they are superlight. BTW white pair is for sale. Size UK 10, inner sole 29 cm. If anyone interested DM me.
Wow I love those boots!! These are on my want list for sure at some point. In the interim I managed to pick up a pair of these at a good price....glove collection has doubled this month

2A99F20E-115E-481A-8D06-BA0E0DADEFCD.jpeg 12CB9C6C-B595-4417-9108-E0A9506DCDA6.jpeg

Wow I love those boots!! These are on my want list for sure at some point. In the interim I managed to pick up a pair of these at a good price....glove collection has doubled this month

View attachment 841077 View attachment 841078
That's a nice pair of gloves. I would love to have a pair too, but I can't source them anywhere in decent price. I'm only not sure about this plastic on the back. If it will keep laces with lace'n'loop strap in place.

Very nice!! Eager to hear a report
Coach at my gym really rates them (he is pro fighter too). Initial impression are they are similar to winning / fly in terms of shape like a cross between the two. Padding a little firmer than winning. Leather is similar soft leather and the lining is really smooth. They have great reviews on fit2box as well

That's a nice pair of gloves. I would love to have a pair too, but I can't source them anywhere in decent price. I'm only not sure about this plastic on the back. If it will keep laces with lace'n'loop strap in place.
The plastic looks really good I think if you just lacing up you would need to tape as well or tie them on the inside. I think with a lace converter will be fine

Nice shoes @Lotnik ! Looking forward to hear your comments after you've used them for a while. I've recently just got some comments from my coach in Mexico City regarding the Adams boxing shoes. Would love to hear yours and see if should be added to my wishlist.

Edgar

Nice gloves man! Would love to get a pair of New Sportings but their shipping cost is just insanely expensive to my country

Hey @JamesSurya
Which country you live? I guess overall international shipping costs from Mexico are very expensive. Would normally end up being around 80+% of the gloves price.

Back