Post Your Gloves/Gear

I forget about my size: 5"7.7 and I weigh daily around 143lb. Hands medium size, length 7.5 inches and width 3.35 inches.
I would not fill comfortable to spar with a Mexican puncher gloves honestly. The 14oz alien are still very compact, despite of the size. Maybe above 14oz, the foam is softer, like with the win-1. But on the bag, I really don't like using the winning type soft glove. The softness make you land the punches always perpendicular to the bag, which is fine for the jab or cross, but for the hooks, you want to be able to continue the movement after the hit, to "rip" the bag. And the softness of 16oz soft gloves make it not natural, almost dangerous in a sense that you feel the glove 'stick to the bag' and bending your wrist backward if you don't make an extra effort.
I don't have a standard that dictates what weight or type of glove someone should use. I have a personal preference based on my experience. My son, who is a middleweight, likes hitting the mitts and double end bag with light gloves. 12-14oz. He spars in 16-18oz gloves. Now the word "light" is relative. There are fighters at my gym who train in 8-10oz fight gloves when not sparring. My hands are not what they used to be and I like the extra padding on a heavier glove. If I am at our boxing gym, by the time I am hitting a heavy bag, I have the equivalent of 8 rounds already. 4 jumping rope and 4 shadow boxing. So if I get another 8-10 rounds on the bag, when I'm finished I have 14 to 16 rounds in. My son is in the deep end of a fight camp with a mid-June fight date. Yesterday he used some 20oz gloves on the mitts and body belt for 6 rounds, then went 3 rounds on the heavy bag. That was after 3 rounds jumping rope and 3 rounds of shadow boxing. So that's 15 rounds. 20oz Topboxer's Alien gloves are plenty padded. I also have 3 pair of 18oz Cleto Reyes for sparring. Again, heavier gloves have more padding by virtue of the weight. Now I do have some Mexican gloves in 16oz that I do not spar in. Why? Because the latex padding is still too stiff. In time though, they will become softer. Some can be used for sparring then, some never make the cut and I use them on the bag.

yes but only 1-2 months, so far the gloves feels great. Just waiting until totally break in. I got the nasa foam type and waiting for his florest style.

The gloves at first feel tight for 16oz, lining good not rough like some of mexican gloves, thumb position also good no issue like first batch, he already fix it. The padding is thick, solid, but not too dense maybe because it use many layer and horsehair. It’s an awesome gloves and worth to try.
how are they doing?

post a picture!

Currently using Fairtex BGV1 in white and Venum Elite Shin Guards. As i started Kickboxing 1year ago i struggled to find the best gear. I am 207 tall and 97kg heavy. Big hands, not meaty, just long fingers and wide hands. Super long shins, but the elite were the longest to get. My trainer said that everyone is using 10oZ gloves for padwork. There is just very very light sparring to train techniques. I guess in the real sparring dates no one will spar with 10 oZ gloves. With my height and weight i would go for 16oZ instantly Due to Covid there is no training so i got myself a punching bag. After the first session i had sore wrists, so i guess the bgv 1 is not the best glove for me. My dream is a Cleto Reyes for bag work but i read and saw that they got bad wrist support. I dont know, its hard for tall dudes equipment wise.

Currently using Fairtex BGV1 in white and Venum Elite Shin Guards. As i started Kickboxing 1year ago i struggled to find the best gear. I am 207 tall and 97kg heavy. Big hands, not meaty, just long fingers and wide hands. Super long shins, but the elite were the longest to get. My trainer said that everyone is using 10oZ gloves for padwork. There is just very very light sparring to train techniques. I guess in the real sparring dates no one will spar with 10 oZ gloves. With my height and weight i would go for 16oZ instantly Due to Covid there is no training so i got myself a punching bag. After the first session i had sore wrists, so i guess the bgv 1 is not the best glove for me. My dream is a Cleto Reyes for bag work but i read and saw that they got bad wrist support. I dont know, its hard for tall dudes equipment wise.

I had picked up both a Fairtex BGV1 and Twins BGVL3 (anyone know what those letters mean, btw?) and your experience doesn't surprise me. Online it really looked like Fairtex was the more premium of the two, but when I got them on my hands I was really impressed with the Twins. I always thought they looked dumb and too much of a bubble shape, but they've completely won me over. I mean Fairtex isn't bad. I really like the lining and the leather, but the padding and wrist I found a bit lacking.

I had picked up both a Fairtex BGV1 and Twins BGVL3 (anyone know what those letters mean, btw?) and your experience doesn't surprise me. Online it really looked like Fairtex was the more premium of the two, but when I got them on my hands I was really impressed with the Twins. I always thought they looked dumb and too much of a bubble shape, but they've completely won me over. I mean Fairtex isn't bad. I really like the lining and the leather, but the padding and wrist I found a bit lacking.

BG = Boxing Glove, and V = Velcro

I guess i will get either a Haybusa T3 in 16oZ or a Cleto Reyes Velcro in 16oZ for Training alone on Heavy / Punching Bag. In class i stick with 12 oZ in tschnical padwork.

Guess the wrist support is the major aspect between this too, but the cletos look superb imo. Either way, safety comes first

Anyone want to buy this custom Adams boxing boots? 80 EUR/ 100 USD

Attachments

• IMG_20210317_201158.jpg
    IMG_20210317_201158.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210317_201218.jpg
    IMG_20210317_201218.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 19
I guess i will get either a Haybusa T3 in 16oZ or a Cleto Reyes Velcro in 16oZ for Training alone on Heavy / Punching Bag. In class i stick with 12 oZ in tschnical padwork.

Guess the wrist support is the major aspect between this too, but the cletos look superb imo. Either way, safety comes first

Safety I'd go T3 but you also have the slightly annoying dual strap.

Yeah i thought that too, safety wise. Somewhere there was a guy on the forum that messed up his wrist due it was too stiff and didnt move.

Just got my Isami gloves in the mail. Not a very common glove, but I'm very impressed with the quality of these gloves. They are very similar to Winning, just a little bit firmer.
where did you pick these up from?

Has anyone seen the new color combinations that Cleto Reyes has put out? And just to clarify, these are separate from their new line of High Precision Gloves. The gold & green WBC gloves have been out for a while, but Forza Sports is now selling blue & silver and purple & silver hook and loop training gloves. I’m not sure if they are going to eventually have these color combos in the lace-up training gloves and the professional fight gloves like they did with the gold & green WBC models. I went ahead and ordered a pair of the purple & silver in 12 ounces. I’m curious to hear what you all think.

3A4221C4-1741-4B18-B96A-D2E018F53978.jpeg 588308EB-2431-4BB9-945D-A672EEC1F73A.jpeg E2C1A43F-97B2-453D-8EE3-5F5CD03F7DC4.jpeg

8e6f58ae-787c-44fb-82ad-fc0c5dbca07c-jpeg.855512

Attachments

• 8E6F58AE-787C-44FB-82AD-FC0C5DBCA07C.jpeg
    8E6F58AE-787C-44FB-82AD-FC0C5DBCA07C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 195
Could you post some close up photos of the Superare face at saver? I'm interested in getting one. What is the inner fabric?
Could you post some close up photos of the Superare face at saver? I'm interested in getting one. What is the inner fabric?

This is my first full face headgear and I still haven’t used it for sparring. It seems to fit good and feels comfortable but I have nothing to compare it to.
82281774-9256-466e-ac27-ed6bdc917285-jpeg.855631

75a20269-79b7-406c-8dc8-39c7177b6c81-jpeg.855633

e8d5396c-4ffc-4fef-bcd4-7aa74d96d4fb-jpeg.855635

I have bought a lot of gloves recently, I have definitely morphed into a collector compared to in my earlier days posting on this forum lol. Will post some pictures next month

How do you like the ONX gloves?

They are really good gloves and have great protection. They are comfortable but will absorb the sweat so it can end up smelling bad. My first pair is the cheaper version and the padding broke down in about a year. I only used them for heavy bag work. Still really good gloves and they still look new.

Back