Prime Anderson vs Romero of Whitaker II

treestump

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Who takes it?

The Matrix or The Man of the Feel of Steel?

Andy puts Yoel in the matrix and ends it within two rounds.

Prime Silva beats every MW and LHW who ever lives except perhaps Jones

Silva KOs Romero worse than his waterboy Feijao Cavalcante did

Ez showcase fight for Andy

Last edited:
Prime "Steel" Romero isnt an easy match for anyone in the history of the division, Matrix Anderson included

.... impervious to pain, hurts to hit him, dangerous at any moment and devastating when he connects....

Sure Prime Anderson is one of the few who could beat him, but it sure wouldnt be easy

Have to go with Silva on this one. Even when Romero uses his wrestling, he's not really a control type of fighter and doesn't hold guys down. Silva would be good enough to survive on the ground and would likely be able to get back to his feet, where he would eventually pick Romero apart.

Have to go with Silva on this one. Even when Romero uses his wrestling, he's not really a control type of fighter and doesn't hold guys down. Silva would be good enough to survive on the ground and would likely be able to get back to his feet, where he would eventually pick Romero apart.

Could Silva hurt him? Rob broke the guys orbital and he didnt even flinch

Considering he's been Knocked dead before, and Silva is probably the most lethal striker in UFC history, I'd say yes.

Romero could match Anderson's fast twitch flying whatevers. Anderson would be flat on his back from strike or takedown.

Of course Silva could hurt him. This is Anderson Silva that we're talking about... and it's not like Yoel has never been KO'ed.

It would be interesting. I would say that normally Anderson is much more defensively responsible than Rob and against Romero I'd expect him to be.

But Anderson is not a high volume guy like Rob and that isn't really a bad thing either. Romero is just so damn dangerous. This is one of those fights I would have to see cuz I don't know but I'd root for Anderson as usual.

Also why do you say Yoel from the second Whittaker fight??? Do you feel that is the best Yoel we have seen? IMO he has not declined much if at all. And if he did it doesn't correlate with that fight. That is what makes him an all time great at 185 and a very intriguing matchup for Adesanya.

Romero would demolish him. Prime Silva was 1 min away from a 50-45 decision loss against Sonnen. Romero is better in every way than Chael.

I could see Romero maneuvering Silva into position to exploit his reactions with feints, throwaways and perhaps takedowns. Yoel wouldn't come to him and he can kick at bay.

Prime Andy never fought anyone good as Yoel and was controlled by lesser fighters.

Also Andy never had good shoulder covers like Whittaker, who could also box better. I say, both Rob and Yoel are better in the pocket positionally. His chin was mostly in the air for baits.

There has been no one like Romero, Whittaker or Adesanya in the MW division that Silva ruled.

I'd favor Yoel, quite comfortably, and I'm sorta bigger fan of Silva.

I could see Romero maneuvering Silva into position to exploit his reactions with feints, throwaways and perhaps takedowns. Yoel wouldn't come to him and he can kick at bay.

Prime Andy never fought anyone good as Yoel and was controlled by lesser fighters.

Also Andy never had good shoulder covers like Whittaker, who could also box better. I say, both Rob and Yoel are better in the pocket positionally. His chin was mostly in the air for baits.

There has been no one like Romero, Whittaker or Adesanya in the MW division that Silva ruled.

I'd favor Yoel, quite comfortably, and I'm sorta bigger fan of Silva.
Lol @ calling Whittaker a better boxer than prime Silva

Does running in with your chin up while swinging at air count as "good boxing?

<45>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back