Prime BJ Penn vs today's top UFC LWs ....

He would lose to Islam I think but could beat everyone else not saying he would but a 50/50 chance.

I love BJ’s. Lol
Seriously, I don’t think he’d be champ, but he’d absolutely have wins under his belt and could contend. He’d also rack up loses against the cream of today’s crop.
Oh, heck yeah! He's an all-time great.
I was just meaning that I don't think his guard would do much at all against Bibby Nurm's top game.
<{cruzshake}>

Oh, heck yeah! He's an all-time great.
I was just meaning that I don't think his guard would do much at all against Bibby Nurm's top game.
<{cruzshake}>
Agreed, though Baby Jay did pretty well against a Greased St.Pierre before quitting in his corner.
“To the death, Georgee.” Lmao

Agreed, though Baby Jay did pretty well against a Greased St.Pierre before quitting in his corner.
“To the death, Georgee.” Lmao
One thing I did love from BJ in that fight was his guard recovery after being passed.
jailbreak.gif

So cool.
Unfortunately, once back to full guard or butterfly, he didn't do much with it.

I'd like to think Prime BJ could crack the top 5 in today's rankings. I remember he looked invincible against Diego and Florian. Also arguably won that first Frankie fight. But it's hard to picture him beating guys like Makhachev and Oliveira.

BJ was amazing for his time.
The game has evolved.
I think Chase Hooper would tear him apart limb by limb.
The quality of competition and training methods have definitely improved, but the sport hasn't improved nearly enough to have "evolved". Many of BJ's contemporaries were still in title competition up until a couple of years ago.

BJ Penn doesn't have the work ethic or motivation to compete against todays fighters

Skill wise hes probably just as if not more naturally gifted

but all that talent means nothing when your opponent is training harder and smarter than you

Till the death George

I love BJ’s. Lol
Seriously, I don’t think he’d be champ, but he’d absolutely have wins under his belt and could contend. He’d also rack up loses against the cream of today’s crop.
especially in todays mma where u need to maxamize your frame to its fullest extent.

Prime motivated BJ vs Oliveira would be so epic

Back