Prime Brett Rogers vs ngannou

rogers was that Scary big hw with power. He was finishing opponents in 1st round (including top 5 hw at the time in 20 seconds) n also dominated ufc top hw lesnar in sparring sessions.

The guy looked unstoppable until he faced fedor. He did well 1st round, but then fedor ko him in 2nd

After that his confidence seemed to have vanished. He didn’t looked comfortable vs Overeem in his very next fight n got finished quick.

After that he had all sort of personal problems like divorce n gay rumours n could never bounce back.

However at 10-0 mark he looked unstopppbe, just like ngannou (11-1).

So if 10-0 Rogers was to take on 11-1 ngannou, who takes it n how?
Invincible mindset pre fucking around in Paris instead of training Ngannou and then getting controlled by Stipe starches him. I remember in the lead up to the Stipe fight on embedded he saw his physiotherapist and she was basically like your body is really fucked up worded in the nicest way possible. Also I hope he comes back. Watching the fight I felt like maybe if Lewis had punched him he may have started fighting back off instinct.

rogers was that Scary big hw with power. He was finishing opponents in 1st round (including top 5 hw at the time in 20 seconds) n also dominated ufc top hw lesnar in sparring sessions.

The guy looked unstoppable until he faced fedor. He did well 1st round, but then fedor ko him in 2nd

After that his confidence seemed to have vanished. He didn’t looked comfortable vs Overeem in his very next fight n got finished quick.

After that he had all sort of personal problems like divorce n gay rumours n could never bounce back.

However at 10-0 mark he looked unstopppbe, just like ngannou (11-1).

So if 10-0 Rogers was to take on 11-1 ngannou, who takes it n how?
Brett Rogers would figuratively and probably literally fuck up Ngannou.
Look it up.

He was AFRAID to bang with BB for fuck sakes!

Damn this dude is overrated.

LMAO you are an imbecile. Rogers was still in his prime 14 fights into his career, exactly how many fights Ngannou has. Both 11-3 at 14 fights HOWEVER Ngannou has WAY better wins in Alistair, Blaydes, and AA...shit Ngannous 6th best win would be Rogers 2nd best win. Stop being a fucking imbecile!

VWr6I.gif

Rogers > Ngannou

Brett rips CaNgannou apart. Dude wouldnt even hit back.

LMAO you are an imbecile. Rogers was still in his prime 14 fights into his career, exactly how many fights Ngannou has. Both 11-3 at 14 fights HOWEVER Ngannou has WAY better wins in Alistair, Blaydes, and AA...shit Ngannous 6th best win would be Rogers 2nd best win. Stop being a fucking imbecile!

An imbecile is the one who does not recognize that pre and post anyone getting a fast title shot and suffering a big loss in that shot is the most important way to compare them.

How they bounce back, what they do next and onwards.

If Ngannou retires today his run to the title shot and his fights since will not, in any way, distinguish him in any meaningful way from what Rogers accomplished. You would have to laughable stupid to suggest Ngannou accomplished so much more that they were not even comparable.

Lol he lost to the champ and top 5 guy in Lewis ya schmuck. He wasn’t losing to mehman, Erokin, and ufc rejects de fries and Sanchez. Different levels dipstick.
He also isn't murkin' and beastin' though, so it's a draw imo.

Hopefully Ngannou doesn't turn chester, though. That's the wrong kinda beastin.

Again Rogers had 20 seconds in the cage prior to his title shot against a capable opponent. Ngannou had a LOT more time to measure him against legit opponents. That’s not arguable. And that’s all Rogers has. The 20 secs against aa.
Are you really trying to make the case that KO'ing guys fast and efficiently and giving them no chance is a negative?

Do you know that in 10 out fo 10 of Rogers fights leading up to a title he (t)KO'd everyone in the first round and most within a minute?

I don't think I have ever heard this argument where being an efficient killer and KO artist is a negative.

If instead each of his 10 opponents went to decision or he got his KO's late in the fight after losing most fights prior would you see that as more positive?

Are you really trying to make the case that KO'ing guys fast and efficiently and giving them no chance is a negative?

Do you know that in 10 out fo 10 of Rogers fights leading up to a title he (t)KO'd everyone in the first round and most within a minute?

I don't think I have ever heard this argument where being an efficient killer and KO artist is a negative.

If instead each of his 10 opponents went to decision or he got his KO's late in the fight after losing most fights prior would you see that as more positive?
I said he had 20 seconds with a quality opponent. While its great he finished aa fast, it’s not a great barometer for how repeatable that was. And it turned out he was barely effective against a quality opponent ever again.

I said he had 20 seconds with a quality opponent. While its great he finished aa fast, it’s not a great barometer for how repeatable that was. And it turned out he was barely effective against a quality opponent ever again.

I would agree if he was a submission artist or a decision winner in the bulk of his fights and suddenly he gets a big KO but when the guy is 10 for 10 in quick KO's you can say its not a fluke when he wins via that method.

In the end if we want to play that game it is easy to discredit Ngannou's wins as well. Two name wins over two fighters who, had they retired a year or more before almost everyone would have said 'good' and 'about time'.

But I am not trying to discredit Ngannou. I am simply saying one thing and that is prior to them both getting to their title shot Ngannou had not done anything that was so much more that it should be called crazy or uncomparable to say Rogers was similarly successful in his run up to his title shot.

If Ngannou continues to lose his next handful of fights to lesser and lesser comp no one is going to talk about him as some much improved comp to Rogers.

Fights for Rogers
Stan Rogers 0-0
Chris Clark 3-13
Brian Heden 2-4
Mark Racine 0-2
Josh Melichar 5-0
Ralph Kelly 4-2
James Thompson 14-7
Jon Murphy 5-2
Abongo Murphy 6-0
Andrei Arlovski 15-6

7 of his first 10 opponents aren’t even verified by Wikipedia for Christs sake! First 4 fights were 5-19. Utter garbage! The question isn’t who had the best first 10 wins or who had the better wins before fighting for a title imbecile…it’s prime Rogers vs Ngannou. Rogers was still in his “prime” at 14 fights (11-3) same as ngannou. Difference is ngannou beat Blaydes (top contender now), AA, Hamilton, Luis Henrique, Bojan, and Overeem. Answering OP’s question, Ngannou is better than any version of fluke Rogers and has a much better resume measuring 14 fights in. This is a fact! Now run along neckbeard!

Difference is ngannou beat Blaydes (top contender now), AA, Hamilton, Luis Henrique, Bojan, and Overeem. Answering OP’s question, Ngannou is better than any version of fluke Rogers and has a much better resume measuring 14 fights in. This is a fact! Now run along neckbeard!

Blaydes is "top contender" because UFC HW division is literally dead. Everyone who beat Old Econoreem is "Top contender" now... even Ngannou.

{<jordan}

Fights for Rogers
Stan Rogers 0-0
Chris Clark 3-13
Brian Heden 2-4
Mark Racine 0-2
Josh Melichar 5-0
Ralph Kelly 4-2
James Thompson 14-7
Jon Murphy 5-2
Abongo Murphy 6-0
Andrei Arlovski 15-6

7 of his first 10 opponents aren’t even verified by Wikipedia for Christs sake! First 4 fights were 5-19. Utter garbage! The question isn’t who had the best first 10 wins or who had the better wins before fighting for a title imbecile…it’s prime Rogers vs Ngannou. Rogers was still in his “prime” at 14 fights (11-3) same as ngannou. Difference is ngannou beat Blaydes (top contender now), AA, Hamilton, Luis Henrique, Bojan, and Overeem. Answering OP’s question, Ngannou is better than any version of fluke Rogers and has a much better resume measuring 14 fights in. This is a fact! Now run along neckbeard!
You really are an idiot if you think that means anything.

Neither Rogers nor Ngannou faced any real name comp outside Arlovski for both and Overeem for Ngannou. Rogers faced Arlovski during his prime or at least as close to it as possible. Ngannou got him 8 years later and once almost everyone was thinking he should be retired which is the same state Ngannou got Overeem in.

So Rogers has the biggest and most relevant win of the two of them but Ngannou has more name wins with two, despite them being near retired.

the rest of their resumes are just meaningless filler.

Come to think about it, didn't Rogers arguably outstrike Fedor in the first round?

You really are an idiot if you think that means anything.

Neither Rogers nor Ngannou faced any real name comp outside Arlovski for both and Overeem for Ngannou. Rogers faced Arlovski during his prime or at least as close to it as possible. Ngannou got him 8 years later and once almost everyone was thinking he should be retired which is the same state Ngannou got Overeem in.

So Rogers has the biggest and most relevant win of the two of them but Ngannou has more name wins with two, despite them being near retired.

the rest of their resumes are just meaningless filler.

Lol dipshit yeah Ngannou did face name comp in Blaydes, Overeem, and AA. Again, Ngannous 5th best win would be Rogers 2nd best win. Rogers resume is filled with terrible fighters and 1 fluke ko over a top guy. Go away, you are not good at this!

Back