Prime Cain v. Prime Fedor

Who wins

• Total voters

Lead

/Led/ blanket
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think most people keep this one as their biggest HW fantasy matchup, especially considering how it might affect GOAT status

Heavyweight sucks.

Do you avoid wagers at HW? I would think there’s more uncertainty in those since there is a higher punchers chance compared to other divisions

Assuming UFC rules and cage, right? That is the best possible HW matchup, and it's really tough call.

Do you avoid wagers at HW? I would think there’s more uncertainty in those since there is a higher punchers chance compared to other divisions

I thought Werdum/Cain was an all-time great opportunity.

Who has Prime Cain defeated?
JDS x3 and Bigfoot 2x (he's fought 17x and these 5 fights were back to back to back to back to back) nobody else of note.
His primary weapon is cardio, his second is wrestling. Cain would be the 3rd best wrestler on Fedor's resume.
We've seen Fedor win in so many different ways and in his prime showed no weaknesses.

I think a big advantage Cain would have over Fedor is their approach to fight prep.
Fedor doesn't seem to ever gameplan, whereas gameplanning is an essential part of modern fighter prep.

I say Fedor in a ring under Pride rules 9/10.
Cain in an octagon under unified rules 6/10.

Does Sprechen ze jive still exist?
It was unceremoniously transformed into Pro Wrestling Discussion a while back. I found out much later that the original "sprechen" description text was still listed in PWD and fixed it.

lol Prime Kane got KO’d on live Network TV within a minute

Fedro wood demolish him in half that time

As a huge fan of both fighters, I go back and forth on this.

They both have the most savage GnP in the history of the division, but Fedor's armbars would be a significant threat to Cain in the guard.

Cain has the height/reach advantage, but Fedor's career was made by dominating bigger opponents. Non-factor.

Cain has very good punches with no wasted movement. They're more precise than he gets credit for. But they're not neccessary meant to KO opponents, just hurt them or distract to get a takedown.

Fedor's shovel punches are wide, loopy, and very powerful and can easily KO anyone who has ever fought. But, he's open to straight punches, and even in his prime Fedor was hit with straight punches regularly. He just weathered the storm.

Fedor's legkicks are savage - just ask CroCop. While Cain's legkicks... well, I can't think of one that was ultimately effective in leading to the end of the fight. Might as well give that one to Fedor.

The absolute biggest factor that separates them is endurance. Cain has earned the 'Cardio Cain' nickname because he could easily fight for 5 rounds. Fedor, on the other hand, has never fought five 5-minute rounds, BUT that first 10 minute round in Pride was murder. Fedor's basically a middleweight with ALOT of extra muscle and fat, and in a five-round fight endurance would be a HUGE factor against someone with better endurance. But, this is only a factor is the fight would go into the 4th and 5th rounds. Most of his victories are by KO or Submission before the 3rd round. He only has a few fights that went to a decision.

I could go on and on further into each factor I mentioned, but is anyone goong to ready a 5,000 word post?

I picked Cain in the poll upon entering the thread, but after typing this up, I wish I could change my vote to Fedor.

Fedor…

Prime Velasquez probably gets injured during training and is un-prime by the time this fight actually happens...

Cains approaches leave him open. Fedor's evil team of red devils will prepare for him to level cain with the high elevation overhand concussive blow to send Cain to Wakan Tanka.

Back