Prime cain vs prime stipe

Prime Cain, Fedor, JDS & Overeem all fold him like a cheap hooker.

A Cain who came off a two year injury? We said prime Cain...

Cain would never lose to a terrible HW in struve. Stipe defenders can never shake that embarrassing loss lol.
No, it’s the Stipe haters who bring up the Struve fight in every Stipe thread. It’s almost like they believe losing to a quality heavyweight early in his career diminishes all of his accomplishments after. Prime Anderson got finished by 2 Japanese cans, so I guess he was lucky like Stipe by becoming UFC champ after.

Sucks we didn't get the fight in 2016-2017 when stipe had the belt

No, it’s the Stipe haters who bring up the Struve fight in every Stipe thread. It’s almost like they believe losing to a quality heavyweight early in his career diminishes all of his accomplishments after. Prime Anderson got finished by 2 Japanese cans, so I guess he was lucky like Stipe by becoming UFC champ after.

Struve was never a quality HW, stop it.

No, it's not even close to comparable to Couture's first fight. Stipe was 12-1 when he fought JDS first time, almost 5 years as a pro. That's about the kind of experience when fighters should be entering/should have entered in their primes. I would argue that Stipe was probably a better fighter in the first JDS fight than he is now, because I think Stipe's prime is now over. In 2014 he was 6 years younger, faster, with less mileage on his chin and body, 6-1 in the UFC and 12-1 overall. I would definitely take that Stipe vs the current one.
I confirmed Stipe defintely improved after 2014 fight ! No way 2014 Stipe was better ! The best version of Stipe was in 2019 ! Excellent cardio, best chin of all time ( can take 162 significatif strikes on the head by HW DC ! Record ), right hand more powerfull, better cardio etc...

Stipe.

Cain was always overrated. He just fought a bunch of rematches. He hardly fought any competition.
He got put on roller skates by Kongo and had to panic wrestle.

Stipe improved constantly !
Now, Stipe crush Struve in one round easily !
After his loss against Struve, Struve was beaten by Mark Hunt, Arlovski and Overeem ! Stipe KO these 3 fighters !
Stipe lost against jds the first time, we have seen the rematch
Stipe and DC beats prime Cain !
I forgot, Stipe beats prime werdum and werdum schooled Cain ( near to his prime ) in Mexico ( at his home )

I confirmed Stipe defintely improved after 2014 fight ! No way 2014 Stipe was better ! The best version of Stipe was in 2019 ! Excellent cardio, best chin of all time ( can take 162 significatif strikes on the head by HW DC ! Record ), right hand more powerfull, better cardio etc...

You can't say his chin was better in 2019 than in 2014. Chin's don't improve, they only decline. Also, absorbing that many strikes in the head is never a tell of fighter being at his best, don't be silly. His significant strike defence was 32% against DC, that's shockinly bad, and only shows he is becoming slower as he gets older.

It's possible he could have a better cardio now, though unlikely because again he is much older now, but its impossible to tell from those fights because they were different and the DC fight didn't last 5 rounds.

The one time he fought a fighter that threw straight punches, Kongo, his pressure got him repeatedly knocked down to the floor. Stipe has great straight punches too and, unlike Kongo, he also has lots of power and the ability to finish the fight with ground and pound. He would knock Cain down coming forward and then finish him off.

We can all agree that DC is a poor mans Cain, And the fightS vs Stipe was somewhat competitive, even before the 12 eye pokes, so Cain does have a decent shot. I would still pick Stipe by TKO. Cain is struggeling when he can’t control where the fight goes.

Both in their prime, Cain would obliterate Stipe.

The one time he fought a fighter that threw straight punches, Kongo, his pressure got him repeatedly knocked down to the floor. Stipe has great straight punches too and, unlike Kongo, he also has lots of power and the ability to finish the fight with ground and pound. He would knock Cain down coming forward and then finish him off.

Werdum also exposed Cain's weakness to straight punches, and how Cain isn't the same fighter when the threat of a takedown is removed.

I think it will look like JDS vs Stipe I ... yet less competitive, same result Stipe losses the decision.

Prime cain and prime jds both fuck them up

We can all agree that DC is a poor mans Cain, And the fightS vs Stipe was somewhat competitive, even before the 12 eye pokes, so Cain does have a decent shot. I would still pick Stipe by TKO. Cain is struggeling when he can’t control where the fight goes.
DC is a better version of Cain

Better chin and cardio, cleaner striking

Either way Stipe sleeps both of them

I would pick Stipe. He has better striking, better head movement and footwork. He is also the bigger guy with longer reach and his defensive grappling is good enough for him not to be stuck on the fence.

Back