Prime DC vs Jan Blachowicz

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Haven't seen much of this topic and it's a pretty interesting match, especially with how good Jan is currently. He has the height and reach advantage over DC but I don't think it would matter much as DC in his prime was much faster and with stupidly quick hands.
I think he can handle the power as well, given that he survived Rumble.
Am I right thinking this would have been a very one sided fight? Or can Jan pull something off?

Prime DC could take anyone down at will (other than maybe Jon Jones) and had very good kickboxing and a solid chin as well. I don't see much of a path to victory for Jan in that fight (although he's pretty good at surprising me...). I'm sure he would make it competitive though.

Prime DC could take anyone down at will (other than maybe Jon Jones) and had very good kickboxing and a solid chin as well. I don't see much of a path to victory for Jan in that fight (although he's pretty good at surprising me...). I'm sure he would make it competitive though.
He's pretty strong but so was DC, hell I've even think Prime DC was stronger.
If Gus was able to outwrestle him, think DC would do as well. Then again, Jan has vicious body kicks and DC doesn't react too well to those. Cormier would still be a big favorite.

LOL. dc by whatever he wants. that fight didn't just expose adesanya, it exposed jan as well. the gap in skill in grappling and wrestling is the same between jans and izzys, hell even more so. by several orders of magnitude. not even bringing up the striking.

I love that Jan is having his moment right now. But he rarely defeated LHW top 10’s minus Anderson and Reyes. I think quite a few guys can beat him right now and he can also score upsets (this is what makes him a fun champion). Even someone like Volkan might take him out. DC would be leagues above anyone he faced.

dc is better everywere except maybe power but he has a hole jan can exploind very well

body shots if jan lands that body kick at will he wins

if dc can catch it he jan smash him

that s the biggest factor

I love that Jan is having his moment right now. But he rarely defeated LHW top 10’s minus Anderson and Reyes. I think quite a few guys can beat him right now and he can also score upsets (this is what makes him a fun champion). Even someone like Volkan might take him out. DC would be leagues above anyone he faced.
volkan matches up very well with jan tbh he has the chin not to respect his power solid tdd strong af and just as powerful if not more him and jiri are his nigthmare matches up prime santos too but after those leg injuries he s done

Haven't seen much of this topic and it's a pretty interesting match, especially with how good Jan is currently. He has the height and reach advantage over DC but I don't think it would matter much as DC in his prime was much faster and with stupidly quick hands.
I think he can handle the power as well, given that he survived Rumble.
Am I right thinking this would have been a very one sided fight? Or can Jan pull something off?

Not interesting at all. Jan was beat by bums before he got the title. Which the 205lb divsion has been pretty weak compared from the past.

DC wins. I like Jan. He's tough, maximizes his skillsets (which are good, but not really elite in any area) and has finally put everything together late in his career. But DC could either beat him with his handspeed and boxing or through his wrestling...or mix them up. On a really good night, Jan could give him a good fight and possibly go the distance in a UD loss, but that's his best case scenario.

Yea the kicks might be high risk for takedowns and DC has faced much bigger power than Jan has in his hands. Jans punching power is very overrated and his KO resume with his hands is quite light. Hendo, Volkan, Rumble, Lewis and many many others > Jan there.

I love Jan as the countryman and because he seems to be a great person, but in reality, DC takes this.
DC in his prime is difficult to stop, unless you roid to the gills.

DC would destroy Jan. He wouldn't even need to take him down.

People tend to underrate DC because he couldn’t beat Jones. DC is still one of the best fighters of all time and could dominate 99% of anyone from any era.

Jan is very very good but DC has made better fighters look average

Last edited:
Reactions: mkt
I love Jan as the countryman and because he seems to be a great person, but in reality, DC takes this.
DC in his prime is difficult to stop, unless you roid to the gills.
Roided to the gills and a nightmare matchup.

Back