Prime DC would have done much better than Stipe vs Francis 2.0.

LilNicky95

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First of all, I am NOT a huge fan of DC and his over-sensitive, easily triggered persona.

However, I must acknowledge that DC is a tough SOB with one of the better MMA wrestling abilities. The DC that lost his last two to Stipe was past it(in my opinion). He looked visibly over-weight/soft and was gassed pretty quickly.

Prime DC would have made Francis look like the HW version of Rumble Johnson and taken him down and made him tap.

Stipe was completely dominated by Francis 2.0 and don’t think I want to see a trilogy fight for Stipe’s own health.

{<shrug}

Last edited:
Francis landed some nice straight body shots on Stipe. Can't imagine DC taking those well.

Prime DC was a bad mofo, but Rumble and Gus did drop him. Can't imagine him getting back up if Francis drops him.

Also the way Francis 2.0 manhandled Stipe on the ground like that...

Yep, it's even obvious when you watch DC x Stipe who the better fighter is, however with DC being 40/out of shape/back surgery (after the 1st fight) he wasn't able to ever properly train again and ended up gassing in the last 2 fights after winning the majority of both fights.

DC was always good at avoiding the bombs from heavy hitters like Rumble, Volkan, Black Beast etc and then proceeding to impose his game and dominate.

Not only does Stipe not deserve the trilogy but it'd be a waste of time as he'd get outclassed, embarrassed, and sent to the astral plane once again.

Yep, it's even obvious when you watch DC x Stipe who the better fighter is, however with DC being 40/out of shape/back surgery (after the 1st fight) he wasn't able to ever properly train again and ended up gassing in the last 2 fights after winning the majority of both fights.

DC was always good at avoiding the bombs from heavy hitters like Rumble, Volkan, Black Beast etc and then proceeding to impose his game and dominate.

Not only does Stipe not deserve the trilogy but it'd be a waste of time as he'd get outclassed, embarrassed, and sent to the astral plane once again.
Exactly and I KNOW prime DC could take a punch much better than Stipe ever could.

Werdum was looking very very good there for a while though. That would've been an interesting fight.
But then the suspension so perhaps there was a reason he was looking “very very” good?

Problem with stipe was his fight IQ and mental was off !
Physicaly and technicaly he was at prime ! But tacticaly and confidence was not at prime !

Not a DC fan at all but agree that he is a better style match-up against Ngannou than Stipe was at any point in his career. Not taking away Stipe's win over Ngannou the 1st time around at all which was definitely not a fluke but I think DC has better takedowns/better offensive submissions and would beat Ngannou more times out of 10 than Stipe would. Styles make fights

Yep DC admitted it himself. Makes sense though. When Cain was in his prime (2010-2013) DC was just coming into his own.

Yeah but I think in an actual fight, things may have gone differently.

Remember, we talkin bout practice.

Yep DC admitted it himself. Makes sense though. When Cain was in his prime (2010-2013) DC was just coming into his own.
Problem 2013 DC was at LHW... maybe his Own was washed by moving at LWH...

Problem with stipe was his fight IQ and mental was off !
Physicaly and technicaly he was at prime ! But tacticaly and confidence was not at prime !
His mental was off? Stipe’s IQ never seemed too high.

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-8_13-28-10.gif
    upload_2021-4-8_13-28-10.gif
    210.3 KB · Views: 15
Strikeforce DC vs Ngannou would have been pretty interesting.

Back