Prime Fedor vs current UFC HWs? How does he do?

Oceanmachine

Tidwell belt
Banned
Reaction score
Fedor beats Lesnar, Couture, and all the past UFC champs he beat. He also bwats Cormier and JDS and Cain, Stipe

Derrick Lewis likely gets submitted but could KO fedor

Fedor loses to Ngannou, Ubereem,

His only threats would be massive strikers who are hard to tskedown and are superior strikers to him

Fedor would completely outclass the whole division. They all have a punchers chance though which is normal at HW, but Fedor had very good striking defence. The main weakness of Fedor was probably TDD but there's barely any wrestlers at the top of the division

LOL @ Lewis who would be the easiest match-up for Fedor. Obviously Lewis has a good puncher's chance against anyone but he doesn't even have that great of a chin. Prime Fedor would have a significant speed/cardio/grappling advantage over Lewis and I think he'd easily beat him.

Volkov really hasn't done anything to impress me and I think the majority of people from Fedor's era including Nog would beat him. I actually think Tim Sylvia would probably beat Volkov because Tim was way better at using his size/reach (remember, even a past his prime Kongo beat Volkov).

Stipe has decent defensive wrestling and crisp striking so I'd give him a chance at least but I think Fedor would catch him eventually because I don't think Stipe would be used to fighting someone faster than him. Good fight.

Ngannou is obviously a huge threat standing but I still question his takedown defense/cardio. He stuffed one takedown against Stipe (who has nowhere near the takedown ability of Fedor) and people are acting like it's not possible to get him down. Considering the vast majority of people Ngannou has beaten are over the hill and the fights were over so fast, I still think it's fair to say he has question marks. Dangerous fight obviously but I think Fedor would submit him more times than not.

Prime JDS is one of the toughest match-ups for Fedor. Reem (specifically Ubereem) would be tough as well as he is for most people but his chin is always a huge glaring weakness.

In a cage, DC has a decent chance to wall and stall Fedor. In a ring, I'd favor Fedor as I don't see DC winning a striking match. Similar for Cain but Cain's aggression/volume of strikes could be an issue for Fedor (especially in the cage) as Fedor cuts easily. Cain's chin is much worse than DC's though and his aggression could leave him open so another good fight.

Basically, he would be competitive and have a shot against any of them. Anyone who says he would walk through all of them is delusional but if you think he wouldn't be competitive, you are also being delusional. Styles make fights regardless of era and Fedor is one of the most well rounded of all time in any division.

In a cage I would never favor Fedor
In a ring, he beats most of them

Sambo is perfect to take down someone in a ring but in a cage it's all american wrestling

Fedor beats Lesnar, Couture, and all the past UFC champs he beat. He also bwats Cormier and JDS and Cain, Stipe

Derrick Lewis likely gets submitted but could KO fedor

Fedor loses to Ngannou, Ubereem,

His only threats would be massive strikers who are hard to tskedown and are superior strikers to him

Prime Fedor smokes any heavyweight that has ever laced up a pair of gloves.

2003-2006 Fedor would be the favorite against any fighter of any era, period. Doesn’t mean he wouldn’t lose, but SHOULD be the favorite.

Is there any type of fighter in theory who you would favor? Hypothetical? For example what if Overeem had an Iron chin? Or Ngannou develops elite takedown defense and kicks to go with his freak strength, atheliticism and KO power?

Ubereem is a current hW and beats Fedor? lol ok

USADA killed the Uber you newb

Is there any type of fighter in theory who you would favor? Hypothetical? For example what if Overeem had an Iron chin? Or Ngannou develops elite takedown defense and kicks to go with his freak strength, atheliticism and KO power?
If Ngannou developed Chuck or Cro Cop like takedown defense it would be tough to bet against him. He has only shown it in one fight though, so it’s tough to picture.

Back