Prime Fedor vs Prime Stipe

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
We all agree that Prime Fedor would murder Prime Stipe right?

So why so many people arguing that Stipe is HW goat? Because of his UFC run mostly?

Most MMA fans are new to the sport. Prime Fedor likely beats all modern HWs. The hand speed, power, grappling transitions, signature GNP, submissions. There was no fighter as effective as him in all domains of fighting, only lacking effective kicks

No one likes stipe lol, this will be very one sided

Fedor beats Stipe

Cain beats Fedor
Could be true with a prime Cain, who knows.

Fun fact: out of all UFC fighters with at least twelve fights, Cain ranks highest when it comes to the ratio of landed to absorbed significant strikes.

stipe is probably the weakest hw champ to defend the belt, hes in a era where freaking Alistar Overeem is still relevant, fuck not too long ago, AA came back, DC is way past his prime too.

Francis and other heavy hitters cant wrestle for shit.

The UFC HWd was at his best with prime cain, prime JDS and prime Brock...

Fedor is the HW GOAT, may be the GOAT period.
Stipe is the UFC HW goat, USADA tested.
Prime JDS might beat everyone ever, but he was juiced to the gills.
Also I'd take Stipe over Cain all day all night.

"Prime" Barnett-> juiced to the gills
"Prime" JDS -> juiced to the gills
"Prime" Jones -> juiced to the gills
...see a pattern?

Fedor is the HW GOAT, may be the GOAT period.
Stipe is the UFC HW goat, USADA tested.
Prime JDS might beat everyone ever, but he was juiced to the gills.
Also I'd take Stipe over Cain all day all night.

"Prime" Barnett-> juiced to the gills
"Prime" JDS -> juiced to the gills
"Prime" Jones -> juiced to the gills
...see a pattern?
I have nothing against Cain personally (I.e., I don't hold any non-fighting issues against him, never did), but I ALWAYS thought he was overrated.
At any rate, I pretty much agree with your hypotheticals.

GOAT LIST:

Fedor Emelianenko
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Demetrious Johnson
Georges St. Pierre
Artem Lobov

I think a lot of people look at an evolving sport and just assume that relics from the past are inferior. But that's like saying Ali couldn't have competed against boxers today because the sport "changed". Granted EVERY bit if of this is theoretical... We'll never have an iron clad answer as to who would've won if Stipe fought a prime Fedor. I think people underestimate Stipe if they think he gets merked by anyone. But if you think a prime Fedor couldn't compete on an elite level against top HW's of today you're fooling yourself.

Fedor was still very good coming to the Werdum fight, how did that turn out? Stipe faced fighters with more power, speed and better wrestling than Fedor. Not to mention the size difference that can play a factor in this fight.

We all agree that Prime Fedor would murder Prime Stipe right?

So why so many people arguing that Stipe is HW goat? Because of his UFC run mostly?
Prime Bob Sapp gets them both out in the first round.

Prime Fedor beats anyone and everyone.

That combination of agility, power, fearlessness and the best hips in the game is just unbeatable.

Prime Fedor beats anyone and everyone.

That combination of agility, power, fearlessness and the best hips in the game is just unbeatable.
Fedor's kryptonite is an elite wrestler with solid BJJ and standup. Cain and DC fit the bill.

Back