Prime Francis vs. prime Fedor, who wins?

Not only is it likely that Fedor was slightly overrated (he started losing when he was in his early 30's to guys like Bigfoot and MW Hendo), the game has improved a ton since then.

I don't think Fedor beats any of the top 5 HW's in the UFC right now
+ he was LHW with today standards + not mentioning PEDs.

It’s the reverse. Ngannou end him in the first exchange. Fedor couldn’t take a punch from Hendo, no way he’ll take anything from Francis.

These UFC shills always try to find someone. We've seen this with Brock, Mir, Cain, JDS, Stipe, Ngannou etc etc

They will all be forgotten while you will still make threads about PRIME FEDOR

THE GOAT

<Fedor23>

I think Fedor beats

Stipe, Cain, Brock, Reem and Francis all in 1 weekend..
Every combat athlete on the planet runs at Fedor. Fedor outstretches his arms and spins as fast as he can and proceeds to knock all of them out within 3 minutes. Badly mutilating most of them. But he's unable to stop spinning and just keeps going faster and faster until a tornado forms and then ultimately a black hole which devours the planet and eventually the whole Universe. Fedor remains alone. Spinning for eternity. Ever faster. GOAT

Anyone who was old enough to watch and the fighters who always had him as the goat son
Uh huh...

Pride folded nearly 15 years ago.. I promise you tons of young fighters and fans have never seen Fedor fight..

At least not the prime version.. So alright old school fans.. But that is about it..

fedor is goat....but anyone remember the punch fujita landed? francis can punch x 5

I'll raise you a flying scissor takedown followed by a heel hook within the first 10 seconds and Fedor gets it done in the 1st round. Anyone claiming otherwise is out of their mind.

Fedor model 1
fedor1.jpg

Fedor model 2

now-5a9e3c15-9ebf-48b9-acb2-8338abb934c1-1210-680.jpg

Fedor was easily the best of his era, and his fights will always be there but enough. The fans that want to worship Fedor as some mythical invulnerable god is weird asf and you're not helping his legacy in the slightest. I'm not talking about being a fan of the guy, i'm talking about the ones who legitimately think he'd armbar Ngannou or sleep Stipe. Let Fedor be, he's had an amazing all time career without the delusion.

Sometimes sherdog has the dumbest arguments.

Why so hard to believe, TS?

Fedor during his prime was faster and more explosive than Francis, still hit like a truck, and was *light years* ahead of him in the clinch and on the ground...so it is not that unreasonable to think he could have hurt Francis, put him on the ground, and won via sub or TKO.

Obviously, as time goes on, we are seeing a higher and higher calibre of MMA fighter...but prime Fedor was a beast and had a chin. Of course, Francis *could* beat him...but acting like it is a given that Francis wins is borderline delusional, IMHO.

(FWIW, in the modern game, I think Fedor would have been better served competing at 205)

Not only is it likely that Fedor was slightly overrated (he started losing when he was in his early 30's to guys like Bigfoot and MW Hendo), the game has improved a ton since then.

I don't think Fedor beats any of the top 5 HW's in the UFC right now

i think you got it backwards. the ufc's hw division is shallow and honestly probably loses to strikeforce era's. and pride's.

honestly, the ufc's 205/hw divisions are crazy weak.

Prime Fedor vs PRIME Francis. Man......ask me that a year ago............FEDOR all day... Now.....I think Francis would take it.....dude isn't even in his prime yet.

Back